Welcome to Gaia! ::

Interesting Vampire

6,450 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
I love Toonami i wish they bring it back my inner child went crazy last night.

800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
It was nice just to sit through another broadcasting of Toonami for one last time. It really was great. I couldn't be more appreciative.

The craziest thing about it all is the number of people who seemed genuine happy that it was on tv again. Facebook, Twitter, and various forums all had a ton of people tripping out over it. I guarantee Adult Swim will have it's best ratings night in a long time.

Loyal Fox

35,525 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Avant Garde 200
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Fearsome 100
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
Best April fools day ever whee
minkarisc
Daphne Dono
BEST DAY EVER!!! I just got my acceptance letter from college, got to play video games, and now old school Toonami is on my TV! I dont care if this is a joke, it has completly made my day the best day ever! blaugh

*gasp!* Thats almost exactly what my day was! There's not even an emoticon to express how I feel!

blaugh Sweet!! We both had the best day ever, we must have some magical connection that lets us have the very same day! Cool xp
Okay so I was wondering, everyone is pretty sure (including me) that this was a april fools day joke. But I've looked everywhere online and I cant find where they said it was a joke. Could someone please give me a link or something. Thank you. blaugh

Linalee's Spouse

Fashionable Elder

Daphne Dono
Okay so I was wondering, everyone is pretty sure (including me) that this was a april fools day joke. But I've looked everywhere online and I cant find where they said it was a joke. Could someone please give me a link or something. Thank you. blaugh

it's not a literal joke, but a definite one day thing
so it's a misleading joke
say like there was a person and someone gave them a doughnut or something, then they were expecting more so they opened a door that had a sign saying "FREE DOUGHNUTS (heheheheh)" on it and they ended up crashing into a brick wall
Singular Thong
Daphne Dono

say like there was a person and someone gave them a doughnut or something, then they were expecting more so they opened a door that had a sign saying "FREE DOUGHNUTS (heheheheh)" on it and they ended up crashing into a brick wall

Poor person with the doughnuts. gonk
So if this was not a literal joke then there might be a slight, tiny, atom sized chance that they might do this like say every saturday? Cause that would be wonderful.

Bunny

42,575 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Ian's Valentine 100
I'm SO BUMMED that I missed this.

Linalee's Spouse

Fashionable Elder

Daphne Dono
Singular Thong
Daphne Dono

Poor person with the doughnuts. gonk
So if this was not a literal joke then there might be a slight, tiny, atom sized chance that they might do this like say every saturday? Cause that would be wonderful.

well, for CN feedback, they added a tab to give feedback for Toonami and there's also the chance that CN's rating's ******** skyrocketed last night so there is hope
that is, if they know what's good for them

Mega Tipper

10,200 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
ONLY TOONAMI
It was actually pretty great of Adult Swim to do this for us. I stayed up until the end to watch it all. I was sooooo excited that they show yu yu hakusho. Sort of wished they showed rurouni kenshin, though.

And why did they show tenchi ryo-ohki? No one likes tenchi ryo-ohki. xD
Skurlette
It was actually pretty great of Adult Swim to do this for us. I stayed up until the end to watch it all. I was sooooo excited that they show yu yu hakusho. Sort of wished they showed rurouni kenshin, though.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
rouge death godess
Skurlette

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

What, about tenchi ryo-ohki? Come awwwwwn~ Tenchi ryo-ohki's lame.

Drawdle's Husbando

As a Canadian, I never got to watch Toonami. Even so, I would always hear my American friends talk about it, and I feel nostalgia through affiliation -- the programming bloc is just that legendary. My first anime recommendations came from said friends telling me what the bloc was airing.

Bring it back. biggrin
As I recall Astro Boy and Gigantor were only on [AS] and YYH was on Toonami for a short time before switching to [AS] also Big O is still on [AS] so that was kind of a waste, I still wish they wouldve showed Sailor Moon and Bobobo...and HOLY s**t did I really like Tenchi Muyo as a kid that was horrible, and I own all of Gundam Wing do no harm there
...jokes on them though Im sure everyone enjoyed staying up and reliving their childhood for one night!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff