Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kawaii Autobiographer

4,600 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Happy Birthday! 100
So, does anyone else still hold onto their Yugioh cards since they were kids? I've still got my Harpie and Fairy deck, but lately I want to make a Princess deck, but at the same time I feel just a little silly that I'm 19 and I'm going to build a deck from generations that are probably long-outdated.
Do you still have your decks? Have you ever been in a tournament? Got any killer strategies? Go on, don't be shy, share biggrin

Valiant Jackling

Never got into Yu-Gi-Oh! cards. I'd collected Pokemon cards when they first came out but as soon as they made a new season with over 100 new pokemon, I lost interest. So by the time Yu-Gi-oh! came around I didn't care to participate in the card game
I still have my Yu-Gi-Oh! cards.~ n_n
I am actually younger than 19, but I don't think it's silly to still have Yu-Gi-Oh! cards at that age. :p
I have only been in one tournament. o-o Ummm, I'm not that good. >.<;
"Killer strategies"? Haha, is this a joke? I wouldn't consider any of my strategies, "killer" ones. XD

Shadowy Rogue

3,700 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
There's a lot of Yugioh threads in the Tabletop Games subforum of the Gaming forum.

I've gotten back into it, and the game has REALLY changed over the years. The top-tier decks win pretty much 100% of the time against anything that's not top-tier, or specifically designed to stop them.

Luckily, I play Clown Control, which is an anti-metagame deck designed to neutralize the threat other decks have against it. Not terribly powerful on its own, but makes other decks also not powerful.
i neva been to a tournament but i still got my decks and still play

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
Actually, I still have my old deck I used to duel with . Its a warrior deck I created with the help of my friends, but no one I know duels anymore.

Kawaii Autobiographer

4,600 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Tuah
There's a lot of Yugioh threads in the Tabletop Games subforum of the Gaming forum.

I've gotten back into it, and the game has REALLY changed over the years. The top-tier decks win pretty much 100% of the time against anything that's not top-tier, or specifically designed to stop them.

Luckily, I play Clown Control, which is an anti-metagame deck designed to neutralize the threat other decks have against it. Not terribly powerful on its own, but makes other decks also not powerful.

Oh I didn't know there was a table top part. I need to frequent the forums a little more.
The Clown Control deck sounds pretty cool. I'm looking up cards for a deck using Black Garden and I'd like to make a deck using the Madolche monsters when they're released, but at the same time it's a bit too cutesy-wootsey

Friendly Gaian

4,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Contributor 150
of course I still have my yugioh cards. I'm 17 and I don't think I'll ever get rid of them.
actually I bought sliver from a 5th grade kid in my school 2 months ago XD
I have: dark magician, black red eyed dragon, white blue eyed dragon, and the three Egyptian gods.
I also have some GX cards.
and I bought some 5D's cards but I didn't really understand it sweatdrop it turned out to be like... a whole new game.
also, I have duel masters cards and I really like the game. I would play again If I find someone to play with XD

Kawaii Autobiographer

4,600 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Happy Birthday! 100
salooka
of course I still have my yugioh cards. I'm 17 and I don't think I'll ever get rid of them.
I have: dark magician, black red eyed dragon, white blue eyed dragon, and the three Egyptian gods.
and I bought some 5D's cards but I didn't really understand it sweatdrop it turned out to be like... a whole new game.
also, I have duel masters cards and I really like the game. I would play again If I find someone to play with XD

I could never get into Duel Masters. It just felt like an obvious rip-off.

Friendly Gaian

4,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Contributor 150
Toxilicks
salooka

well.. maybe, but I just loved the game.

Kawaii Autobiographer

4,600 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Happy Birthday! 100
salooka
Toxilicks
salooka

Which is fair enough whee
Oh wow, you know what has been a bit weird? I found duelist network, and then when I played against other people, there are soooo many rules in the yugioh game I didn't actually know existed. emotion_jawdrop

Friendly Gaian

4,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Contributor 150
Toxilicks
salooka
Toxilicks
salooka

Oh wow, you know what has been a bit weird? I found duelist network, and then when I played against other people, there are soooo many rules in the yugioh game I didn't actually know existed. emotion_jawdrop

after buying the 5D's cards, I think that it became a whole new game xd but I still keep the cards even though I don't understand anything about it.
and for the rules, maybe they really don't exist and they just made them up xd

Kawaii Autobiographer

4,600 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Happy Birthday! 100
salooka
Toxilicks
salooka
Toxilicks
salooka

after buying the 5D's cards, I think that it became a whole new game xd but I still keep the cards even though I don't understand anything about it.

Nah, apparently they do. Basic stuff. Like how apparently you can only summon Defense monsters face-down. But then the guy was saying "now you gotta put it into Attack" when I flipped it face-up so I wasn't sure.

Friendly Gaian

4,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Contributor 150
Toxilicks
salooka
Toxilicks
salooka
Toxilicks
salooka

Nah, apparently they do. Basic stuff. Like how apparently you can only summon Defense monsters face-down. But then the guy was saying "now you gotta put it into Attack" when I flipped it face-up so I wasn't sure.

I know about that rule, but i'm not sure if you must put it into attack when flipped face-up. but I guess you have to; it's logical since they are summoned face-down.
and if I remember correctly, that rule existed in yugioh GBA games.

Kawaii Autobiographer

4,600 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Happy Birthday! 100
salooka
Toxilicks
salooka
Toxilicks
salooka

I know about that rule, but i'm not sure if you must put it into attack when flipped face-up. but I guess you have to; it's logical since they are summoned face-down.
and if I remember correctly, that rule existed in yugioh GBA games.

It just seems kind of weird. What's the point of having defence position if you can't be face-up? Eh, guess I have to find a rulebook.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff