Autobots 0.2540415704388 25.4% [ 110 ]
Decepticons 0.22632794457275 22.6% [ 98 ]
Triple Changers! 0.085450346420323 8.5% [ 37 ]
I like them all 0.43418013856813 43.4% [ 188 ]
Total Votes:[ 433 ]
< 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 180 181 182 > >> >>> »|

Valiant Jackling

Murasaki Alien

I have a Unicron that's in the same boat! A friend of mine gave him to me. He's missing all of the pieces on his torso, arms, he has no wings or shoulder spines either. This friend got him from a yard sale years ago and while my friend owned him parts went missing as well. So my Unicron ,while he doesn't look too terrible, is still kind of naked. Ironically the minicons my friend had with him were never lost.

I never really got why Hasbro likes making toys with so many detachable parts xP They're so easily lost if you're not careful and considering Hasbro's core audience are kids, most aren't. Ah well.

Part of me is looking forward to the summer so I can go bargain hunting again. The other part wants time to slow down. Haha.
Erailea
I never really got why Hasbro likes making toys with so many detachable parts xP They're so easily lost if you're not careful and considering Hasbro's core audience are kids, most aren't. Ah well.

Part of me is looking forward to the summer so I can go bargain hunting again. The other part wants time to slow down. Haha.

You have a good point there. For a toy line who's target audience is supossed to be kids they sure do design so manny figures that are way to intricate. Most of the figures I own posed some problems while transforming them, and I often think that if I'm having trouble how do kids manage to do this. Hasbro does know that it is mostly grownups who collect then and that is why we have lines like Generations and the short lived Reveal the Shield. They still need kids as their target audience cause future Transformers fans need to start some where.

It is often hard to slow down on collecting.

Undead Beast

I...AM...OBSESSED!! 3nodding

User Image

I have 61 of these guys stuffed under my bed. sweatdrop

Valiant Jackling

BlacknessAbyss5

Aww, you got those cool PVC guys. I've wanted them for quite some time but I can never justify the price, especially when there are transformable Transformers out (or coming out) that I want.

Oh what I would own if I had more money to spend xp There's a super cute chibi Optimus that came out like a year ago I adored but it was $50 or $60 (without shipping) gonk Really hard to convince myself to buy a figure the size of a commander class when I can get a Leader class, 5 - 6 deluxe figures or 3 Voyager class figures for the same price. But the SD Optimus was adorable.

just Melly Mel

Not only is the movie-verse more intricate, the kibble tends to pop off during transformation xp I know it was likely designed that way to prevent breakages, but it's still a pain, especially when the pieces are difficult to reattach.

To be honest I don't think the Generation line was created primarily for adults. Adult collectors don't come close to buying as many toys as kids do and the Generations line has a good number of toys in it. That's a lot of money they poured into production.

People tend to look back to the originals though when a show gets popular and Transformers has a pretty solid grouping of fans in the early teen phase. G1 has also been airing on The Hub for quite a while now.

The Masterpiece toys are more of Hasbro's salute to the adults than the regular toys are since most kids aren't going to get their hands on the pricey pieces (not to say they won't, but they're not as likely to. And unlike the Leader and Ultimate class figures the Masterpieces' don't really ever seem to go on sale and are almost always exclusives to one store or the other, meaning a much lower production).

And, guh, I know. Lol It's hard to slow down once you get going. It's a blessing and a curse. Lol.

Heart Consumer

14,450 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Erailea

The Masterpiece toys are more of Hasbro's salute to the adults than the regular toys are since most kids aren't going to get their hands on the pricey pieces (not to say they won't, but they're not as likely to. And unlike the Leader and Ultimate class figures the Masterpieces' don't really ever seem to go on sale and are almost always exclusives to one store or the other, meaning a much lower production).

I once talked to a guy that had a Masterpiece Optimus Prime. I was like "What happened to it?" and he replied "I let my kids play with it and they broke it." I was polite and told him "Aw, that sucks man." but the only thing I could think was "WHY?! Why would you pay 60 or 70 dollars for a collector's figure and then let your toddlers play with it?!" I'm such a sucker for keeping my stuff in the best condition possible that the mere thought of letting a child touch something that expensive just appalls me. Yeah, it's just a toy but it's still expensive! Maybe he's rich and 60 dollars is like pennies for him? I dunno... but I really wanted to grab him by the shoulders, shake him, and shout "WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT!?"

Also, I was lucky enough to find my Masterpiece Skywarp on clearance. >>;
BlacknessAbyss5

That's impressive!

I started collecting the figures from the animated series and I think I'm going to end up like you. xD

Valiant Jackling

Murasaki Alien

Lucky duck. Lol. I saw that figure a few times but never on sale. Lol.

As for people giving expensive toys to their kids, I don't get 'em sometime xp Especially when they are the iconic figures like Optimus, which tend to be worth something in later years xP

I really have to wonder how well the $50-100 TF toys sell in stores though when they aren't the more adult geared Masterpiece figures. They always seem to sit on the shelves and then go on big sales. Hell, Ultimate Optimus is $80 and by the time the holidays rolled around two or three months later it was down to $50 (Toys R Us even had it at $45 on Black Friday). The Hunt for the Decepticon Leader class ones are half priced at TJ Maxx (they were when they were in stores too as I got Starscream at Target for $25), the Cosco exclusive Battle Ops Bee was normally about $100 and is at TJ Maxx for $35 and I'm pretty sure the DOTM Leader figures were on sale at the end of summer or early fall (20-30% off, which amount to $10-15. I just remember getting a little annoyed with myself for not waiting to buy Leader Ironhide and Sentinel. Lol).

I've been letting my niece play with my movie 1 Ultimate Bee but, as I mentioned before, I got it at a flea market for $8. And Bee is so mass marketed and over killed with a billion different toys due to his "kid favorite" nature that I can't see see it being worth anything in the future (he's only worth $30-40 on ebay right now as it is, which is pretty sad considering he was originally a $100 toy). The kids like Bee more than Optimus gonk

Bloodthirsty Phantom

16,300 Points
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Partygoer 500
I've picked up a few, Shockwave, Laserbeak(actually found him at retail) and Ravage all from their movie lines, hope to get Soundwave, The Fallen and Scorponok as well. Not sure yet if I will continue and collect the rest of the movie Decepticons, though I do like Blackout for the first movie.
Murasaki Alien
Erailea

I once talked to a guy that had a Masterpiece Optimus Prime. I was like "What happened to it?" and he replied "I let my kids play with it and they broke it." I was polite and told him "Aw, that sucks man." but the only thing I could think was "WHY?! Why would you pay 60 or 70 dollars for a collector's figure and then let your toddlers play with it?!" I'm such a sucker for keeping my stuff in the best condition possible that the mere thought of letting a child touch something that expensive just appalls me. Yeah, it's just a toy but it's still expensive! Maybe he's rich and 60 dollars is like pennies for him? I dunno... but I really wanted to grab him by the shoulders, shake him, and shout "WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT!?"

Also, I was lucky enough to find my Masterpiece Skywarp on clearance. >>;

Well I had something similar happen to me once. I had Battle Blade Bumblebee on my shelf, and it being a $10 figure I let a 5 year old play with it and.....boom! the doorwing gets blown off. I don't even know how that happened!! Anyways after that incident I never, ever let anyone touch any of my toys. MYY PRECIOUS
Erailea
Murasaki Alien

Lucky duck. Lol. I saw that figure a few times but never on sale. Lol.

As for people giving expensive toys to their kids, I don't get 'em sometime xp Especially when they are the iconic figures like Optimus, which tend to be worth something in later years xP

I really have to wonder how well the $50-100 TF toys sell in stores though when they aren't the more adult geared Masterpiece figures. They always seem to sit on the shelves and then go on big sales. Hell, Ultimate Optimus is $80 and by the time the holidays rolled around two or three months later it was down to $50 (Toys R Us even had it at $45 on Black Friday). The Hunt for the Decepticon Leader class ones are half priced at TJ Maxx (they were when they were in stores too as I got Starscream at Target for $25), the Cosco exclusive Battle Ops Bee was normally about $100 and is at TJ Maxx for $35 and I'm pretty sure the DOTM Leader figures were on sale at the end of summer or early fall (20-30% off, which amount to $10-15. I just remember getting a little annoyed with myself for not waiting to buy Leader Ironhide and Sentinel. Lol).

I've been letting my niece play with my movie 1 Ultimate Bee but, as I mentioned before, I got it at a flea market for $8. And Bee is so mass marketed and over killed with a billion different toys due to his "kid favorite" nature that I can't see see it being worth anything in the future (he's only worth $30-40 on ebay right now as it is, which is pretty sad considering he was originally a $100 toy). The kids like Bee more than Optimus gonk

Yep. Me again (Evil Ultimate Optimus basher). Just bear with me for now, but Sentinel/Ironhide were $30? That's worth it, I guess, although I'm not a big "Leader-class-lights-sounds-hours-frustration" guy.
I love how it seems that we started getting some really good TF toys from Hasbro latley after the Armada/Energon/Cybertron thing. By the time cybertron came around I stopped collecting them and didn't start again until after the first movie line. I kind of kick myself for that cause I missed out on the first many waves classics figures as well as the Animated. crying Needless to say it was Animated Starscream that got me back to collecting and in less than a year the collection grew from twice of what I had. I had to slow down for now cause I'm running out of room to put them. I hope we still get more Generations cause there are so many character they could make toys for. I want a Dai Atlas! mrgreen

Valiant Jackling

Finally got my Ultimate Optimus out of the box. Lol. Love the figure. It's really very cool, especially in truck mode.

Took a long time to Transform though :/ So bloody complicated and, typical of movie-verse, the instructions suck. But transforming a character for the 1st time is always the hardest.

No sooner had I finished him too did my little nice bot-nap him xd She had fun pushing him along on the floor, though she didn't quite grasp she had to push the toy forward more than she did down xd So his trailer wheel's kept collapsing xd So'k, they're designed to as they fold in for transformation, but it meant I had to keep fixing it so the trailer actually rolled and didn't drag on the floor.

She's really good with toys, even though she's 2. The few times she did pick him up she never once dropped him. 1st pricey toy of mine she's touched and I must say it went really rather well.
I have at least twenty transformers, not including approximately ten min transformers. But my pride and glory is a starscream with one of those heat changing decepticon symbols on his wing.

Valiant Jackling

Hiroshi Ironic
I have at least twenty transformers, not including approximately ten min transformers. But my pride and glory is a starscream with one of those heat changing decepticon symbols on his wing.

Is it Reveal the Shield Starscream?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff