Autobots 0.2540415704388 25.4% [ 110 ]
Decepticons 0.22632794457275 22.6% [ 98 ]
Triple Changers! 0.085450346420323 8.5% [ 37 ]
I like them all 0.43418013856813 43.4% [ 188 ]
Total Votes:[ 433 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 180 181 182 > >> >>> »|

Erailea
DarkFlare42

The only bundles I saw worth buying were: Sideswipe/Laserbeak and Thundercracker/Laserbeak.
Sideswipe is one of my favorite autobots, the DOTM figure does no justice. The new Generations seem weak, with Sky Shadow and Junkion (is that his name) both repaints. TF: Prime, is awesome. I hate my targets for still not having waves 4, 5, and 6 of DOTM I WANT MAI SOUNDWAVE!!!!!!

well I didn't say the bundles were worth it. Lol. Personally I've had all the DOTM guys I wanted for months. I only bought some back in October because the $5 coupons were out, which made getting the Ark set and several commander class figures more worth while (Ark was $20, and the commander class guys were $3.60 a piece). Even managed to snag the legion class pack with Bee, Soundwave and bonus figure Rodiums for something like $4 or $5 with the coupon.

The movie Trilogy line will have my interests when it comes out because of Optimus with his trailer and a G1 inspired Wheeljack, who has a head sculpt that doesn't look like a decaying zombie. I think a G1 inspired Ratchet and Soundwave have also been announced but I haven't see pictures of them, so I'm neither here nor there on buying them as of right now.

Already have 4 TF: Prime toys - NYCC Bee & Arcee, regular Arcee and Starscream. I'm looking forward to the rest of the line. I had been hoping they'd be out by now, simply because I would have gotten at least one or two others for x-mas, but no such luck :/

On the note of repaints, some people like them. I think Sky Shadow is pretty cool to be honest. I skipped Junkheap (his group/affiliation is with the Junkion's) because I have Wreck-Gar and while he would make a nice little addition to my collection he looks too much like Wreck-Gar in both color and sculpt for me to care. If I'm going to buy a repaint it has to be a cool repaint and/or a character I love (such as Generations Wheeljack, who was a repaint of Turbo Tracks (or whatever his name was)).

I wish Hasbro would release Striker OP in the States...I missed out on ROTF Leader Optimus cuz I didn't collect back then. I don't really like commander class figures, and I prefer just deluxes and up. The only DOTM toys I bought were Shockwave and Topspin. Yeah what happened to "December release dates" or whatever. The only repaints I like are cool repaints as well. Breakaway -->Thrust was totally awesome being that breakaway had the WORST color scheme I've ever seen. The only Generations figures i bothered to get were Drift (NINJA ROBOT THATS ALSO A CAR) and Warpath, only cuz people said he was really good and hard to find and I saw him at a target. Sorry if this offends you, but Generations Wheeljack was terrible. Those feet gave me nightmares.

Valiant Jackling

DarkFlare42

I was collecting during ROTF, but modestly. I had a very limited budget for that line and couldn't warrant spending $50 on a single toy (especially when put in perspective of being able to buy 1 $50 or buying 5 $10 toys). I kinda regret it now, but I still know I didn't have the money back then and I'd have been several characters shorter had I chosen to do so. Ah well.

I'm still not a huge fan of the super large scale character, but there are some exceptions... which mostly has to do with price. Lol. I got Hunt for the Decepticon leader class Optimus and Starscream because they were $25. Leader TFA Ultra Magnus because he $15, Ultimate Bee for $8 and recently picked up Ultimate Optimus for $50 (x-mas gift for myself). Only leader class figures I've payed full price for are DOTM Sentinel Prime and Ironhide, the latter of which was a splurge due to my rage with the film (still happy I have him though biggrin Save the green eyes xp ).

I mainly go after the deluxe and voyager guys myself. The miny ones kind of bug me, but that's mostly due to the high price tag. Commander classes are a $1-2 cheaper than the deluxe's and they're half the size! And $5 for even smaller ones is obscene. Only tiny characters I bought without a sale were Reveal the Shield legion class Optimus, Megatron, Prowl and Starscream because they are mini replicas of their G1 selves (the molds really surprised me actually. They're really very nice! Unlike legion Rodimus and Bee talk2hand ). The RTS guys aside, if I can't get them at a big discount I refuse to buy them.

But... you hate Wheeljack simply because of his feet? Wow... Maybe they don't bother me because all the Leader class and G1 guys I have all have bulky feet. And, in my opinion, I think Jack's feet look much better on his mold than leader Ironhide's do... or Ultimate Optimus's for that matter (geez his feet are beyond bulky O__o ). Even Ultimate Bee's feet are kind of... blah. But there's more to a figure than just the feet xp Only time I've taken annoyance them is when they're too tiny to hold the character up. I'd rather have them too big than too small, as bigger generally means better support (which is likely why ultimate OP's feet are gigantic)
Erailea
DarkFlare42

I was collecting during ROTF, but modestly. I had a very limited budget for that line and couldn't warrant spending $50 on a single toy (especially when put in perspective of being able to buy 1 $50 or buying 5 $10 toys). I kinda regret it now, but I still know I didn't have the money back then and I'd have been several characters shorter had I chosen to do so. Ah well.

I'm still not a huge fan of the super large scale character, but there are some exceptions... which mostly has to do with price. Lol. I got Hunt for the Decepticon leader class Optimus and Starscream because they were $25. Leader TFA Ultra Magnus because he $15, Ultimate Bee for $8 and recently picked up Ultimate Optimus for $50 (x-mas gift for myself). Only leader class figures I've payed full price for are DOTM Sentinel Prime and Ironhide, the latter of which was a splurge due to my rage with the film (still happy I have him though biggrin Save the green eyes xp ).

I mainly go after the deluxe and voyager guys myself. The miny ones kind of bug me, but that's mostly due to the high price tag. Commander classes are a $1-2 cheaper than the deluxe's and they're half the size! And $5 for even smaller ones is obscene. Only tiny characters I bought without a sale were Reveal the Shield legion class Optimus, Megatron, Prowl and Starscream because they are mini replicas of their G1 selves (the molds really surprised me actually. They're really very nice! Unlike legion Rodimus and Bee talk2hand ). The RTS guys aside, if I can't get them at a big discount I refuse to buy them.

But... you hate Wheeljack simply because of his feet? Wow... Maybe they don't bother me because all the Leader class and G1 guys I have all have bulky feet. And, in my opinion, I think Jack's feet look much better on his mold than leader Ironhide's do... or Ultimate Optimus's for that matter (geez his feet are beyond bulky O__o ). Even Ultimate Bee's feet are kind of... blah. But there's more to a figure than just the feet xp Only time I've taken annoyance them is when they're too tiny to hold the character up. I'd rather have them too big than too small, as bigger generally means better support (which is likely why ultimate OP's feet are gigantic)

Hftd Starscream was worth the $25 that i got him for, but I'm pissed at myself for breaking his little panel that THEY DONT MENTION IN THE INSTRUCTIONS when pushing the nose down and i broke it off. Optimus I though wasn't worth it with those terrible "battle damage" crap marks and that faceless faces *shudder*. I would never buy Ultimate Optimus, even for free. It's a waste of space with that big crap gun and that crap articulation and crapcrapcrap butterflyness. Yeah I saw RTS Optimus and Megatron at TJ Maxx once, but passed sadly. Those feet bother me. A lot. And you know whose feet are too small. DEAD END. i got him free at TRU on black friday and transformed him twice and put him in his vehicle mode, never to glance at him again. On a different note, RTS lugnut is awesome. like super awesome. even more awesome at $10.

Valiant Jackling

DarkFlare42

Hftd Starscream was worth the $25 that i got him for, but I'm pissed at myself for breaking his little panel that THEY DONT MENTION IN THE INSTRUCTIONS when pushing the nose down and i broke it off. Optimus I though wasn't worth it with those terrible "battle damage" crap marks and that faceless faces *shudder*. I would never buy Ultimate Optimus, even for free. It's a waste of space with that big crap gun and that crap articulation and crapcrapcrap butterflyness. Yeah I saw RTS Optimus and Megatron at TJ Maxx once, but passed sadly. Those feet bother me. A lot. And you know whose feet are too small. DEAD END. i got him free at TRU on black friday and transformed him twice and put him in his vehicle mode, never to glance at him again. On a different note, RTS lugnut is awesome. like super awesome. even more awesome at $10.

I wanted a leader optimus and the mold isn't bad. He's just got a wierd painted face which is easily fixed with a little paint if you have a steady hand *shrugs*

Everyone likes to bring up Ultimate OP's Butterfly-ness but those who do often fail to realize it can be moved to look like a cape.

haha. Yeah, I got RTS Lugnut to. Grapple too. They're sitting in the boxes waiting for my new room to get done xP
Erailea
DarkFlare42

I wanted a leader optimus and the mold isn't bad. He's just got a wierd painted face which is easily fixed with a little paint if you have a steady hand *shrugs*

Everyone likes to bring up Ultimate OP's Butterfly-ness but those who do often fail to realize it can be moved to look like a cape.

haha. Yeah, I got RTS Lugnut to. Grapple too. They're sitting in the boxes waiting for my new room to get done xP

Which I don't have, unfortunately. At this time I'd also like to bring up his small head without the gun helm on.

He's awesome. Period.

Valiant Jackling

DarkFlare42

Which I don't have, unfortunately. At this time I'd also like to bring up his small head without the gun helm on.

He's awesome. Period.

You just like pointing out everything you dislike about a figure someone else likes don't you rolleyes There's really no need to go about bashing a figure I said I own and like. It's borderline immature. I've had my quarrels with it but I've come to like it since it came out for a variety of reason I don't feel like going into. I don't really care if you think it's a dumb figure or not. Usually I'd respect your opinion, but your constant bashing of it simply because I brought up the fact I own it is completely and utterly uncalled for. A simple, "I don't like the figure and will never own it" would have been more than enough rolleyes
Erailea
DarkFlare42

He's awesome. Period.

You just like pointing out everything you dislike about a figure someone else likes don't you rolleyes There's really no need to go about bashing a figure I said I own and like. It's borderline immature. I've had my quarrels with it but I've come to like it since it came out for a variety of reason I don't feel like going into. I don't really care if you think it's a dumb figure or not. Usually I'd respect your opinion, but your constant bashing of it simply because I brought up the fact I own it is completely and utterly uncalled for. A simple, "I don't like the figure and will never own it" would have been more than enough rolleyes

Sorry, but ever since i saw optimus in the movie with his total badassness hasbro really disappointed me. Kinda like how people react to wheeljack being called que and having that scary skull face

Fanatical Zealot

6,825 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I have over 40 big Transformers and more than 20 Minicons, i have at least 10 out in my room at any given time, and I LOVE THEM ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL heart heart heart heart heart heart
I only have ONE Transformer left from my collection, and it isn't even my beloved Soundwave. I have G1 Jazz, with a nice fat scratch down the side from aggressive play. He was purchased in Guam, survived numerous moves from Okinawa to Seattle, from San Ysidro to Providence R.I., San Francisco to Honolulu...

I wouldn't give him up for a thousand bucks.

Heart Consumer

14,450 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
My collection is piddly compared to some of the lists and photos you guys are posting. ^^; I almost feel as if I shouldn't even be adding my two cents worth, but hey, why not? I only started collecting Transformers in the last year or two.

I never cared much for Animated when it aired so I avoided buying most of those. I have one Animated figure; Snarl.

Considering I'm not too fond of the Movie styled toys I held off on stocking up on too many of those. for the Movie-verse I have that big Mechtech Bumblebee, Shockwave, and ROTF Soundwave, both the average sized triple changer and the dinky one. Oh and a Ratchet figure that doesn't even Transform.

I have like 5 or 6 Unicron Trilogy minicons and a nearly-naked Unicron, and a Cybertron Soundwave that were all given to me.

My other figures are all G1-themed.
Masterpiece Skywarp

4 Robot heroes: Arcee, Frenzy, Hound, and Blitzwing.

The rest are from the newest Generations/Reveal the Shield line. I've got... Hotrod, Cyclonus+his little Targetmaster guy, Kup, Jazz, Wheeljack, Thundercracker, and Sky Shadow.

I'm pretty much waiting on the Prime figures to be come more widely available. I might get all of them over time but the ones I REALLY want are Ratchet, Knockout, Soundwave, Megatron and Wheeljack.

Valiant Jackling

Murasaki Alien

Of course you can add your thoughts and what you have! Everyone started with no figures and built their collection up with time wink heart And you aren't the only collector who isn't fond of the movie verse figures. Haha. There are plenty of people I've run into who have either refused to purchase any or have purchased very few of them. The only reason my collection is massive is because I do like the movie-verse toys... or did.... well, I still like what I have but if the 4th movie has the same designs I'm not going to be buying many. I'm pretty much burnt out with the character designs at this point. I'll continue to enjoy what I have, but I'm not all that interested in spending more on the figures unless something really cool comes along (like Optimus with his trailer - voyager class) or I can find them super cheap (found a 1st movie Arcee at a flea market for $3 and a Ultimate Bee (fully functional and only missing his missle) for $8 ).

Hasbro sure is taking their time getting the 1st edition Prime toys out in the US :/ Canada has had most of them since the begining of the month :/

((on a side note, you'll want to remove the gif of Bulkhead hitting Knockout. It's exceeding the byte limit allowed on Gaia (100,000). If a mod catches it they'll delete your sig and you'll have to pay a gold based fine to get it back))
my brother used to...

Heart Consumer

14,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Erailea
Murasaki Alien

Of course you can add your thoughts and what you have! Everyone started with no figures and built their collection up with time wink heart And you aren't the only collector who isn't fond of the movie verse figures. Haha. There are plenty of people I've run into who have either refused to purchase any or have purchased very few of them. The only reason my collection is massive is because I do like the movie-verse toys... or did.... well, I still like what I have but if the 4th movie has the same designs I'm not going to be buying many. I'm pretty much burnt out with the character designs at this point. I'll continue to enjoy what I have, but I'm not all that interested in spending more on the figures unless something really cool comes along (like Optimus with his trailer - voyager class) or I can find them super cheap (found a 1st movie Arcee at a flea market for $3 and a Ultimate Bee (fully functional and only missing his missle) for $8 ).

Hasbro sure is taking their time getting the 1st edition Prime toys out in the US :/ Canada has had most of them since the begining of the month :/

((on a side note, you'll want to remove the gif of Bulkhead hitting Knockout. It's exceeding the byte limit allowed on Gaia (100,000). If a mod catches it they'll delete your sig and you'll have to pay a gold based fine to get it back))

I never find Transformers figures used anywhere, especially not ones with so few parts missing that they look OK. Once I found this large Movie-verse Starscream and was was totally gonna buy him until I pulled him out of the toy pile only to discover his legs were missing. DX Maybe it's because they're still super-popular or I'm looking in the wrong places. Or I just have bad luck.

And how the heck do you calculate those things for your signature? I'd really like to know... I've see users with huge signatures, offensive stuff, and even elaborate gifs who haven't had theirs disabled.

Valiant Jackling

Murasaki Alien

Right click the image in your sig and hit "properties." Mods are disabling sigs all the time. It's just a matter of time until they get to yours. If your lucky you won't get caught, but is it really worth it? The gold fine goes up ten fold every time you are caught. So is really worth paying 10k to get your sig back because of a silly little gif? Trust me, ain't fun. I've had it happen to me, simply because my sig was too big.

That aside, finding used Transformers at yard sales and flea markets is the luck of the draw. Most of the time they are dinky little McDonalds or Burger King things, but sometimes you find gems. Some of the non dinky Transformers I have were bought at a GIANT flea market that goes on twice a summer near me - 600+ vendors - but even then I only found 4 this past summer and I went both times. The other used ones I have were from a tiny Transformers collectors convention. It only had a dozen or so vendors but there were still hundreds of Transformers to filter through heart Me and my tiny budget cried a little. Lol.

When you're at Flea Markets and yard sales though you are far less likely to find them complete then at a convention (and, most of the time, vendors know and tell you when something is missing at convention, unlike flea markets where the vast majority of vendors are clueless because they're just trying to sell off their kid's old toys). My Unicron is all but naked, Bay-verse Movie 1 Arcee is missing the gun that can be mounted on her arm, movie-verse Inferno is missing the missiles that take place of his hands and Ultimate Bee is missing his missile accessory. But all of them, save Bee, were $3 each so I can't complain.

Missing a gun is completely different then missing a leg though xD I'd have skipped over that too. Almost passed over Unicron because he's missing everything that wasn't "nailed down" (basically he's a base figure), but for $3 I figured why not.

Heart Consumer

14,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Erailea
Murasaki Alien

Right click the image in your sig and hit "properties." Mods are disabling sigs all the time. It's just a matter of time until they get to yours. If your lucky you won't get caught, but is it really worth it? The gold fine goes up ten fold every time you are caught. So is really worth paying 10k to get your sig back because of a silly little gif? Trust me, ain't fun. I've had it happen to me, simply because my sig was too big.

That aside, finding used Transformers at yard sales and flea markets is the luck of the draw. Most of the time they are dinky little McDonalds or Burger King things, but sometimes you find gems. Some of the non dinky Transformers I have were bought at a GIANT flea market that goes on twice a summer near me - 600+ vendors - but even then I only found 4 this past summer and I went both times. The other used ones I have were from a tiny Transformers collectors convention. It only had a dozen or so vendors but there were still hundreds of Transformers to filter through heart Me and my tiny budget cried a little. Lol.

When you're at Flea Markets and yard sales though you are far less likely to find them complete then at a convention (and, most of the time, vendors know and tell you when something is missing at convention, unlike flea markets where the vast majority of vendors are clueless because they're just trying to sell off their kid's old toys). My Unicron is all but naked, Bay-verse Movie 1 Arcee is missing the gun that can be mounted on her arm, movie-verse Inferno is missing the missiles that take place of his hands and Ultimate Bee is missing his missile accessory. But all of them, save Bee, were $3 each so I can't complain.

Missing a gun is completely different then missing a leg though xD I'd have skipped over that too. Almost passed over Unicron because he's missing everything that wasn't "nailed down" (basically he's a base figure), but for $3 I figured why not.

I have a Unicron that's in the same boat! A friend of mine gave him to me. He's missing all of the pieces on his torso, arms, he has no wings or shoulder spines either. This friend got him from a yard sale years ago and while my friend owned him parts went missing as well. So my Unicron ,while he doesn't look too terrible, is still kind of naked. Ironically the minicons my friend had with him were never lost.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff