Total Votes:[ 433 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 180 181 182 > >> >>> »|

4,600 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Valiant Jackling

Azly
Botcon 2012 in Dallas, Texas...not sure if want.

Heard about it yesterday... I'm not going. I calculated it would cost something between $1600 and $2000 to attend. I'm a geek but I'm not a geek with an endless wallet...
This year is Texas? To me it seems that Botcon spends too much time in California than in any other state. I can understand why for convenience purposes being that a lot of the guest like the actors, writers, comic artist, and industry guest are from around there. They need to branch out to east a bit more and make it more reachable to those of us who would really want to go but don't have the mony to do so.

I was hopeing at least it would be in some place like Pennsylvania or Baltimore some place close to the tri-state area, I guarantee that they would have gotten alot of people. The last time it was any where near by me it was in Florida and by the time I knew of it it was too late.

This is kind of disappointing.

Valiant Jackling

just Melly Mel
This year is Texas? To me it seems that Botcon spends too much time in California than in any other state. I can understand why for convenience purposes being that a lot of the guest like the actors, writers, comic artist, and industry guest are from around there. They need to branch out to east a bit more and make it more reachable to those of us who would really want to go but don't have the mony to do so.

I was hopeing at least it would be in some place like Pennsylvania or Baltimore some place close to the tri-state area, I guarantee that they would have gotten alot of people. The last time it was any where near by me it was in Florida and by the time I knew of it it was too late.

I hear ya. They need to hit up the east coast, especially the north-east more. I think they've only been in the NE twice :/ Once like a decade ago in Rochester, NY and then several years ago in Rhode Island (Providence or something like that). They seem to hit Cali every 2 or 3 years and when they aren't there they're in the west somewhere -__- I'd really love to go to one, but it becomes to expensive when you have to add a plane. And when they were in R.I. I was a college student working full time in the summer to be able to have money for school :/ So bot-con was totally out of the question.

On a business stand point though I can understand why they favor California (and the west coast in general). It's cheaper. Hasbro's main hub is located in Cali. So going across country gets really very expensive with shipping. Still, I'm sure they make really nice money off the con. The ticket prices alone are outrageous! The "special" packs with 3 or 4 exclusive toys are like $400 - $500 if I remember right (glanced at the prices last year) - and they sell out REALLY fast O__o

The North-East has trains and buses connecting many of the major cities, which would make it a hell of a lot easier for Transformer fans to gather, unlike in Cali where the public transportation is crappy (or so everyone I know out there says).
Erailea
just Melly Mel

I hear ya. They need to hit up the east coast, especially the north-east more. I think they've only been in the NE twice :/ Once like a decade ago in Rochester, NY and then several years ago in Rhode Island (Providence or something like that). They seem to hit Cali every 2 or 3 years and when they aren't there they're in the west somewhere -__- I'd really love to go to one, but it becomes to expensive when you have to add a plane. And when they were in R.I. I was a college student working full time in the summer to be able to have money for school :/ So bot-con was totally out of the question.

On a business stand point though I can understand why they favor California (and the west coast in general). It's cheaper. Hasbro's main hub is located in Cali. So going across country gets really very expensive with shipping. Still, I'm sure they make really nice money off the con. The ticket prices alone are outrageous! The "special" packs with 3 or 4 exclusive toys are like $400 - $500 if I remember right (glanced at the prices last year) - and they sell out REALLY fast O__o

The North-East has trains and buses connecting many of the major cities, which would make it a hell of a lot easier for Transformer fans to gather, unlike in Cali where the public transportation is crappy (or so everyone I know out there says).

With all you mentioned before about the money they rake in from the con as well as the money they made from the movies, they could afford to have it any where. They do get a lot of buisness from Cali cause they know they will get that same crowd every year. instead of favoring locations for how much money they could make, they should make it so that at least every year the con accessible all fans.

My prediction is that for next year it will be back in Cali again. I would like to write them about having it come back to the north east for next year, but I dout it would help. a good number of us would have to let them know.
transformers are cool at times

Valiant Jackling

just Melly Mel

With all you mentioned before about the money they rake in from the con as well as the money they made from the movies, they could afford to have it any where. They do get a lot of buisness from Cali cause they know they will get that same crowd every year. instead of favoring locations for how much money they could make, they should make it so that at least every year the con accessible all fans.

My prediction is that for next year it will be back in Cali again. I would like to write them about having it come back to the north east for next year, but I dout it would help. a good number of us would have to let them know.

I'm not saying I agree with their thought process, but it is what it is. They wouldn't be holding the con if they lost money on it, that's for sure. And I'd love for them to hit the north east more. We can only hope they'll hit the east coast next year.

on another note, the new Transformers Fall of Cybertron trailer is EPIC eek I so want it! But it means buying a PS3 gonk At least I have a year to save up for one, but it annoys me it's not coming out on PC.

Transformers Fall of Cybertron Trailer

Valiant Jackling

A new Transformers cartoon meant for little kids (based off the Playskool toys) is on the way. Looks kinda cute.

Click here for the youtube trailer

Valiant Jackling

@ IvoraAlex - Then you belong in the chatterbox my friend. You can spam all you want there, but doing so here can actually get your in trouble.

That aside...

Anyone seen the new Transformer Prime toys in there stores? I've only managed to find Bee, Arcee and Starscrean (deluxe versions)
I haven't seen anything good at targets/walmarts.
They just have DOTM waves 1 and 2 hogging the shelves, and that one lonely sergeant kup. The new prime toys look awesome. I'm gonna get optimus for sure (voyager) and I'm still deciding about the others

3,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
I have loved Transformers for a long time. If I can't find the one I want well this happens: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=214812088557737&set=a.194006337304979.40489.100000868422876&type=3&theater

Valiant Jackling

@ DarkFlare42 - Yeah. DOTM is hogging shelves everywhere but with all the sales going on (bundles, 40% off, buy one get 1, etc) I'm guessing they're working on clearing them out so they can make room for the Movie Trilogy line. Supposedly the Generation line is supposed to get more fuel and the TF: Prime line is supposed to kick off in general retail in February or March (I believe).
Erailea
@ DarkFlare42 - Yeah. DOTM is hogging shelves everywhere but with all the sales going on (bundles, 40% off, buy one get 1, etc) I'm guessing they're working on clearing them out so they can make room for the Movie Trilogy line. Supposedly the Generation line is supposed to get more fuel and the TF: Prime line is supposed to kick off in general retail in February or March (I believe).

The only bundles I saw worth buying were: Sideswipe/Laserbeak and Thundercracker/Laserbeak.
Sideswipe is one of my favorite autobots, the DOTM figure does no justice. The new Generations seem weak, with Sky Shadow and Junkion (is that his name) both repaints. TF: Prime, is awesome. I hate my targets for still not having waves 4, 5, and 6 of DOTM I WANT MAI SOUNDWAVE!!!!!!

Valiant Jackling

DarkFlare42

The only bundles I saw worth buying were: Sideswipe/Laserbeak and Thundercracker/Laserbeak.
Sideswipe is one of my favorite autobots, the DOTM figure does no justice. The new Generations seem weak, with Sky Shadow and Junkion (is that his name) both repaints. TF: Prime, is awesome. I hate my targets for still not having waves 4, 5, and 6 of DOTM I WANT MAI SOUNDWAVE!!!!!!

well I didn't say the bundles were worth it. Lol. Personally I've had all the DOTM guys I wanted for months. I only bought some back in October because the $5 coupons were out, which made getting the Ark set and several commander class figures more worth while (Ark was $20, and the commander class guys were $3.60 a piece). Even managed to snag the legion class pack with Bee, Soundwave and bonus figure Rodiums for something like $4 or $5 with the coupon.

The movie Trilogy line will have my interests when it comes out because of Optimus with his trailer and a G1 inspired Wheeljack, who has a head sculpt that doesn't look like a decaying zombie. I think a G1 inspired Ratchet and Soundwave have also been announced but I haven't see pictures of them, so I'm neither here nor there on buying them as of right now.

Already have 4 TF: Prime toys - NYCC Bee & Arcee, regular Arcee and Starscream. I'm looking forward to the rest of the line. I had been hoping they'd be out by now, simply because I would have gotten at least one or two others for x-mas, but no such luck :/

On the note of repaints, some people like them. I think Sky Shadow is pretty cool to be honest. I skipped Junkheap (his group/affiliation is with the Junkion's) because I have Wreck-Gar and while he would make a nice little addition to my collection he looks too much like Wreck-Gar in both color and sculpt for me to care. If I'm going to buy a repaint it has to be a cool repaint and/or a character I love (such as Generations Wheeljack, who was a repaint of Turbo Tracks (or whatever his name was)).

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff