Total Votes:[ 433 ]

Heart Consumer

14,450 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Erailea
What's with all the new MP's coming out this year *cries*

Masterpiece Prowl, Smokescreen and Tigertrack were just announced. The latter isn't of much interest to me (though I do hope they make Sunstreaker considering how close he and Tiger are in design) but Prowl and Smokescreen make me wanna cry.

I seriously need to find a way to make more money. Add in Sideswipe and that's $300 of MP's I really wanna get, but can't afford right now sad

Edit: on a somewhat similar note, MP Soundwave came in today blaugh Well, not in in. He arrived at BBTS and they processed the order, but I have my options set to POL so they're keeping it in the warehouse for me. Now I'm debating whether I want to ship my POL now or wait until Fort Maxx comes out in spring...

*sobs right along with you*
I can't even FIND Optimus here let alone have the money to order Soundwave! Even as a pre-order he was SO EXPENSIVE! ;~; I just want like... all the Masterpiece figures, though! ASDFGHJKL! I only pray Soundwave gets a state-side release. HASBRO BETTER GET ON THAT! SOUNDWAVE IS POPULAR! I just hope he won't be a Toys R Us exclusive after the s**t they've pulled with Prime. >< 130 fraggin' dollars!

Starwolf
Hello all, where do you guys usually buy your transformers toys from? Online? Ebay? or what?

... I buy mine at real stores? Not to be rude, but, what other places are there aside from what you've listed? I guess at yard sales or second-hand stores if I'm lucky enough to find one that's not all tore up.

Unbeatable Hunter

I'm poor, and going to school for a while, so no time for work. I hope there's an MP Soundwave collecting dust at an anime store or something for me to buy in the future. Cassette buddies too.

At least I got FoC Soundwave + buddies...

Valiant Jackling

Starwolf
Hello all, where do you guys usually buy your transformers toys from? Online? Ebay? or what?

These days you can get them just about anywhere. Lol.

For where I buy... Typically, in the past, I stuck to brick-and-mortar stores. Only on occasion did I ordered things online (usually through BBTS - Big Bad Toy Store - but sometimes through Amazon or ebay). I started shifting my collecting habits last summer though and, at this point, am pretty stringent on it. I've gone from collecting mainline figures to focusing on MP's, with the occasional deviation (such as Encore Fort Max), which leaves me with little choice but to order online. Lol. No regrets though, It's so much easier to purchase or pre-order a MP online than it is to hunt for it in stores, especially since most MP's are Takra-Tomy and I live in the US... and Hasbro's tend to be difficult to find (still haven't seen MP-10 in stores! ).

I'm rather iffy with ebay. Not so much because of sellers (though there are terrible sellers on there), I just don't like bidding on things. Most of the figure's I've purchased on there were "buy now's."

I've also made any number of purchases at yard sales and flea markets (once at an antique/consignment store too), but I can't call them a reliable source for buying. Lol. They're very touch and go, obviously. Sometimes you find stuff, sometimes you don't and sometimes even when you do the figure is in such shoddy condition you wish you'd never run across it. Lol

Valiant Jackling

Murasaki Alien
Erailea

Masterpiece Prowl, Smokescreen and Tigertrack were just announced. The latter isn't of much interest to me (though I do hope they make Sunstreaker considering how close he and Tiger are in design) but Prowl and Smokescreen make me wanna cry.

I seriously need to find a way to make more money. Add in Sideswipe and that's $300 of MP's I really wanna get, but can't afford right now sad

Edit: on a somewhat similar note, MP Soundwave came in today blaugh Well, not in in. He arrived at BBTS and they processed the order, but I have my options set to POL so they're keeping it in the warehouse for me. Now I'm debating whether I want to ship my POL now or wait until Fort Maxx comes out in spring...

I can't even FIND Optimus here let alone have the money to order Soundwave! Even as a pre-order he was SO EXPENSIVE! ;~; I just want like... all the Masterpiece figures, though! ASDFGHJKL! I only pray Soundwave gets a state-side release. HASBRO BETTER GET ON THAT! SOUNDWAVE IS POPULAR! I just hope he won't be a Toys R Us exclusive after the s**t they've pulled with Prime. >< 130 fraggin' dollars!

I know! It's rather absurd! Can't believe he went from being $100 to $130 in a month and a half! I'll keep my fingers crossed that Soundwave makes it over, but I do have to wonder what Hasbro would price him at, considering he comes with Laserbeak. Somewhere between $60 and $100, given the MP's from the last few years, but I wonder where at exactly.

I still can't believe Thundercracked is $85! He's a shelf warmer too!

Inazuman Frash
I'm poor, and going to school for a while, so no time for work. I hope there's an MP Soundwave collecting dust at an anime store or something for me to buy in the future. Cassette buddies too.

I know how you feel~! When I was in school I couldn't really afford to buy figures either. I only purchased the occasional figure (like 2 or 3 a year, if as much). And forget the pricey figures! When I could buy one it was usually a $10 deluxe. It wasn't until after I graduated and got a full time job that I was able to get my hands fully into collecting.

I wish you the best of luck getting the figures you'd like to have wink

Heart Consumer

14,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Erailea
Murasaki Alien
Erailea

I know! It's rather absurd! Can't believe he went from being $100 to $130 in a month and a half! I'll keep my fingers crossed that Soundwave makes it over, but I do have to wonder what Hasbro would price him at, considering he comes with Laserbeak. Somewhere between $60 and $100, given the MP's from the last few years, but I wonder where at exactly.

I still can't believe Thundercracked is $85! He's a shelf warmer too!

Inazuman Frash

I know how you feel~! When I was in school I couldn't really afford to buy figures either. I only purchased the occasional figure (like 2 or 3 a year, if as much). And forget the pricey figures! When I could buy one it was usually a $10 deluxe. It wasn't until after I graduated and got a full time job that I was able to get my hands fully into collecting.

I wish you the best of luck getting the figures you'd like to have wink

I can only pray that Soundwave makes it overhere. Though I dunno why he wouldn't, to be honest. >> He is fairly popular.

Also!

Tons of Kre-o sets and botshots are popping up all over the place. It's a good thing I'm not much a fan of either of these lines. :3 Also, I FINALLY saw my first Sergent Kup in my area. It was tempting but I resisted because I remembered how awful that toy looks at nearly every angle. the Newest Generations wave is in my area, too. so many Sideswipes and not a single Kickback! >< I'm going to hold of on buying even Ultra Magnus right now since they will all be pretty common soon enough. I just have to wait for my Walmarts to recover from their major clearance and restocking.

Assimilated Wolf

Saw a review for the MP Soundwave. Wow. Just wow...
And the in-hand pictures of Ripclaw and Beast Hunters Starscream. I REALLY want that Ripclaw...

Unbeatable Hunter

QC for MP Soundwave leaves me uneasy. They really dropped the ball on MPs for a while in terms of QC.
Last good one to me was MP Grimlock...

Heart Consumer

14,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Gundamu
And the in-hand pictures of Ripclaw and Beast Hunters Starscream. I REALLY want that Ripclaw...

Is that an " WOW! THAT TOY IS AWESOME!" wow or a "Wow, that is shitty." wow for Soundwave?

Also, speaking of Soundwave, apparently he (and Acid Storm) might have been announced for a TRU exclusive in Australia and potentially the U.S. If this is true, after the s**t TRU pulled with Optimus, I'm NOT toying (ha!) around with Soundwave's U.S release. Want him, need him, got to have him! Imma pre-order that fragger if possible. I might even drive out of town to get him if I have to. I have friends and maybe even family that like to go shopping out of town anyway so I could make a day of it, too! I know Optimus isn't even on TRU's website anymore... neutral I'm upset, like you have no idea! My store didn't even get him in stock! I might just try to do that whole out-of-town thing just for Optimus. At this point even 130 is still a heck of a lot cheaper than the near-200 he's selling for on Amazon and Ebay. -_- Why do I have to be so damn broke!? That 99 dollars was intimidating enough, which is why I hesitated and procrastinated. That, and the hope of getting him for Christmas.

Assimilated Wolf

Murasaki Alien
Gundamu

Is that an " WOW! THAT TOY IS AWESOME!" wow or a "Wow, that is shitty." wow for Soundwave?

Also, speaking of Soundwave, apparently he (and Acid Storm) might have been announced for a TRU exclusive in Australia and potentially the U.S. If this is true, after the s**t TRU pulled with Optimus, I'm NOT toying (ha!) around with Soundwave's U.S release. Want him, need him, got to have him! Imma pre-order that fragger if possible. I might even drive out of town to get him if I have to. I have friends and maybe even family that like to go shopping out of town anyway so I could make a day of it, too! I know Optimus isn't even on TRU's website anymore... neutral I'm upset, like you have no idea! My store didn't even get him in stock! I might just try to do that whole out-of-town thing just for Optimus. At this point even 130 is still a heck of a lot cheaper than the near-200 he's selling for on Amazon and Ebay. -_- Why do I have to be so damn broke!? That 99 dollars was intimidating enough, which is why I hesitated and procrastinated. That, and the hope of getting him for Christmas.

It's a "Wow! That toy is awesome!" wow. It really makes you wonder what the ******** they were thinking with the FoC voyager Soundwave and how he deploys his disks.

Good luck in getting the MP you're wanting. I'm playing around with the idea of getting another MP Thundercracker to display in vehicle mode along side his robot mode....

Salty Bilge rat

10,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
Gundamu
I'm playing around with the idea of getting another MP Thundercracker to display in vehicle mode along side his robot mode....

Just the thought of buying two mps of the same characters, makes me mad jelly. emotion_donotwant

Salty Bilge rat

10,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
Also I'm quite sad my tru still has no prime figures.

Heart Consumer

14,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Gunnisberg
Gundamu
I'm playing around with the idea of getting another MP Thundercracker to display in vehicle mode along side his robot mode....

Just the thought of buying two mps of the same characters, makes me mad jelly. emotion_donotwant

If you're buying repaints of the same mold you're essentially getting the same character. XD

Assimilated Wolf

Gunnisberg
Gundamu

emotion_awesome
Don't be. The chances of me unclinching to spend that kind of money again are very VERY low. And I really hope that your tru gets some prime figures soon. The one near me is still recovering from Christmas.

Valiant Jackling

Murasaki Alien
Gundamu

TRU has become absolutely absurd... maybe they've always been that way, but they seemed pretty OK when I started collecting several years ago. Now it just doesn't make much sense to shop there, unless it's your only option (aka: exclusives) or they have a nice sale going.

On another note... anyone wanna throw out idea's of which recent or upcoming MP I should get? There are so many xd Only asking because it's looking like I'm going to have to cancel my Fort Max pre--order gonk Well... have to to a strong statement. It's more that I'm deeply desiring a trip to New Zealand. The collector in me really wants to get Fort Max, but the would-be world traveler inside me really wants to, well, travel. Unfortunately New Zealand is on the other side of the blinking planet, making airfare a royal pain in my backside (like $1000+ gonk ). I figured *if* I go through with canceling my preorder on Fort Max I could, at the very least, buy one MP this year, since most of them cost $90 or less, and put the rest into my travel fund.

Haven't quite decided what to do, but several of my friends did make the point that traveling and seeing the world was a better investment, so to speak, than buying a materialistic item. There's no way to argue that fact, outside my loving desire to own the object. Lol.

I already own MP Optimus and MP Soundwave (I expected Soundwave in December, so his payment came out of last years toy fund) and I have one of Soundwave's cassette teams on pre-order, which I'm buying with money I got over the holidays.

So any idea's would be cool as I contemplate what I'm doing.

Heart Consumer

14,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Erailea
Murasaki Alien
Gundamu

TRU has become absolutely absurd... maybe they've always been that way, but they seemed pretty OK when I started collecting several years ago. Now it just doesn't make much sense to shop there, unless it's your only option (aka: exclusives) or they have a nice sale going.

On another note... anyone wanna throw out idea's of which recent or upcoming MP I should get? There are so many xd Only asking because it's looking like I'm going to have to cancel my Fort Max pre--order gonk Well... have to to a strong statement. It's more that I'm deeply desiring a trip to New Zealand. The collector in me really wants to get Fort Max, but the would-be world traveler inside me really wants to, well, travel. Unfortunately New Zealand is on the other side of the blinking planet, making airfare a royal pain in my backside (like $1000+ gonk ). I figured *if* I go through with canceling my preorder on Fort Max I could, at the very least, buy one MP this year, since most of them cost $90 or less, and put the rest into my travel fund.

Haven't quite decided what to do, but several of my friends did make the point that traveling and seeing the world was a better investment, so to speak, than buying a materialistic item. There's no way to argue that fact, outside my loving desire to own the object. Lol.

I already own MP Optimus and MP Soundwave (I expected Soundwave in December, so his payment came out of last years toy fund) and I have one of Soundwave's cassette teams on pre-order, which I'm buying with money I got over the holidays.

So any idea's would be cool as I contemplate what I'm doing.

It might be more expensive on the secondary market but you could always find another Fortress Maximus. You might never get another opportunity to go to New Zealand again. With airfare and gasoline getting more and more expensive every year or so, if you wait too long it might be twice as insane to travel there in the future than it is now. I say go for New Zealand! As for which Masterpiece figure... Uh... Good question. I'd say Prowl since he's a really recognizable character but I'm also partial to Bluestreak. He and I share a bit in common. We're both giant, alien robots big chatterboxes.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff