Autobots 0.2540415704388 25.4% [ 110 ]
Decepticons 0.22632794457275 22.6% [ 98 ]
Triple Changers! 0.085450346420323 8.5% [ 37 ]
I like them all 0.43418013856813 43.4% [ 188 ]
Total Votes:[ 433 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 180 181 182 > >> >>> »|

Valiant Jackling

Gundamu
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/prices-continue-to-rise-on-transformers-toys-and-other-popular-brands/25937/

This is getting out of hand... The first one wasn't that bad, but this?! Almost 20 dollars for a deluxe with a simple design?? I'm sticking with Bot Shots and Cyberverse from now on.

So far it seems to have been reported in only one store *been following it since it was posted 2 days ago* So either other stores haven't caught on yet or it's a single manager who's gone nuts-o.

I was also wondering if it was the typical ploy of raising the prices for a week or two so the store can have a sale and tricking people into thinking they are saving money. Target did this at the beginning of the year when they jacked DOTM deluxes to $30, only to have a sale two weeks down the line when they lowered them to $12-15.

Valiant Jackling

Murasaki Alien

I phrased that all wrong, sorry! D: I know the Takara one is coming out first. I meant the wait time between the Takara and Hasbro release.

Also, I'm a little less angry at my Toys R Us.. They're stocking newer stuff in, now! Woo! No sign of the Masterpieces, though. I asked one of the employees about it and he said he hasn't seen either wing nor trailer of Thundercracker or Optimus. They said that they've even put in an order for the blue seeker over a month ago and it STILL hasn't come in yet.

Haha. Got'cha. You might still be able to find him though. Takara's version of MP-10 Optimus is still on BBTS. So it'll probably just be a matter of catching the news quickly and making a move. Hopefully it won't have to come down to that mess though.

And, nice! I haven't been in TRU in several weeks (trying to avoid temptation. Lol). I hope yours gets the MP in soon! I can kind of understand the slowness with Optimus since he just came out, but 'Cracker has been out for about a month now. Yeesh.

Assimilated Wolf

Erailea
Gundamu
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/prices-continue-to-rise-on-transformers-toys-and-other-popular-brands/25937/

This is getting out of hand... The first one wasn't that bad, but this?! Almost 20 dollars for a deluxe with a simple design?? I'm sticking with Bot Shots and Cyberverse from now on.

So far it seems to have been reported in only one store *been following it since it was posted 2 days ago* So either other stores haven't caught on yet or it's a single manager who's gone nuts-o.

I was also wondering if it was the typical ploy of raising the prices for a week or two so the store can have a sale and tricking people into thinking they are saving money. Target did this at the beginning of the year when they jacked DOTM deluxes to $30, only to have a sale two weeks down the line when they lowered them to $12-15.

Even thought I'm baffled as to how that's even remotely legal, I hope that's the case. If not, Hasbro is gonna lose a loooot of business with deluxes. They just aren't worth that much.

Heart Consumer

14,450 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Erailea
Murasaki Alien

I phrased that all wrong, sorry! D: I know the Takara one is coming out first. I meant the wait time between the Takara and Hasbro release.

Also, I'm a little less angry at my Toys R Us.. They're stocking newer stuff in, now! Woo! No sign of the Masterpieces, though. I asked one of the employees about it and he said he hasn't seen either wing nor trailer of Thundercracker or Optimus. They said that they've even put in an order for the blue seeker over a month ago and it STILL hasn't come in yet.

Haha. Got'cha. You might still be able to find him though. Takara's version of MP-10 Optimus is still on BBTS. So it'll probably just be a matter of catching the news quickly and making a move. Hopefully it won't have to come down to that mess though.

And, nice! I haven't been in TRU in several weeks (trying to avoid temptation. Lol). I hope yours gets the MP in soon! I can kind of understand the slowness with Optimus since he just came out, but 'Cracker has been out for about a month now. Yeesh.

Yeah, it's pretty bad when even the employees are starting to get a little frustrated with the order as well. But their frustrations probably come from SO many people asking. Like I posted a few pages back, one day I went in there and asked about Thundercracker and one associate there was like "You're like the 50th person to ask about that thing today." Now that I know the story because they were nice enough to explain the situation, Imma just stop asking about it. If they don't have it on the shelf then so be it. I'll be one less annoyance for them to have to deal with. I'm sure it's even MORE frustrating when the annoying customer is a patron that they recognize, too.

Valiant Jackling

Murasaki Alien

Yeah, it's pretty bad when even the employees are starting to get a little frustrated with the order as well. But their frustrations probably come from SO many people asking. Like I posted a few pages back, one day I went in there and asked about Thundercracker and one associate there was like "You're like the 50th person to ask about that thing today." Now that I know the story because they were nice enough to explain the situation, Imma just stop asking about it. If they don't have it on the shelf then so be it. I'll be one less annoyance for them to have to deal with. I'm sure it's even MORE frustrating when the annoying customer is a patron that they recognize, too.

Never hurts to ask once a week or so though. There was someone on Seibertron.com that mentioned MP Optimus wasn't on the shelves, but when he asked the staff he was told their computers read they had stock. The manager went and found the figure in the back for him.

And hey, if the staff is getting to know you maybe they'd be willing to hold one aside for a day when they come in wink Never hurts to ask if that's possible

Gundamu

Even thought I'm baffled as to how that's even remotely legal, I hope that's the case. If not, Hasbro is gonna lose a loooot of business with deluxes. They just aren't worth that much.

I don't think it is. Then again, I don't know law, so I really don't know. It should be illegal if it isn't :/

Heart Consumer

14,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Erailea
Murasaki Alien

Never hurts to ask once a week or so though. There was someone on Seibertron.com that mentioned MP Optimus wasn't on the shelves, but when he asked the staff he was told their computers read they had stock. The manager went and found the figure in the back for him.

And hey, if the staff is getting to know you maybe they'd be willing to hold one aside for a day when they come in wink Never hurts to ask if that's possible

I still don't want to feel like a pest, though. XD But calling once a week and asking to hold it might not be a bad idea, though.

Also, anyone have any idea whether or not Magnus and/or Thundertron is out over here yet? I've sort of forgotten whether or not they are supposed to be. The only new voyager I recall that's floating around is Dreadwing.

Valiant Jackling

Murasaki Alien

I still don't want to feel like a pest, though. XD But calling once a week and asking to hold it might not be a bad idea, though.

Also, anyone have any idea whether or not Magnus and/or Thundertron is out over here yet? I've sort of forgotten whether or not they are supposed to be. The only new voyager I recall that's floating around is Dreadwing.

I don't think they're out yet, though I could be wrong. Can't recall hearing anything about them being spotted.

BBTS has them slated for November, if that's of any help.

Assimilated Wolf

I'm thinking that I'll just buy the Bot Shots from now on unless there's a Cyberverse/deluxe that I really want. Like the FoC Starscream that comes out next year, or if they make a Cyberverse Smokescreen.

Heart Consumer

14,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Gundamu
I'm thinking that I'll just buy the Bot Shots from now on unless there's a Cyberverse/deluxe that I really want. Like the FoC Starscream that comes out next year, or if they make a Cyberverse Smokescreen.

After Masterpiece Optimus and those few FE's I'm definitely going to start being more picky. I KNOW I'm going to pick up FOC Voyager Soundwave, though. But I think he's like Starscream and will be out next year. I won't hold any hopes of finding Dreadwing, Thundertron, or Magnus until sometime next year anyway, even if they ARE supposed to be out in November like Erailea said.

Assimilated Wolf

Murasaki Alien
Gundamu

After Masterpiece Optimus and those few FE's I'm definitely going to start being more picky. I KNOW I'm going to pick up FOC Voyager Soundwave, though. But I think he's like Starscream and will be out next year. I won't hold any hopes of finding Dreadwing, Thundertron, or Magnus until sometime next year anyway, even if they ARE supposed to be out in November like Erailea said.

I got lucky and got a Dreadwing at Walmart. I think the prices of the Voyagers have started to go up as well. Used to be 19.99. Now they're over 21 dollars before tax.

Valiant Jackling

Murasaki Alien
Gundamu

Just a heads up since you're interested in them - BBTS just set up pre-orders for the FE's today. They have the arrival date set for some time this month but that, of course, could change since it's all up to Hasbro. Same with the FoC guys. Starscream, Magnus and the others making up the second wave are slotted for November according to BBTS but I thought Hasbro had said they weren't coming out until 2013 at SDCC (or was it Toy Fair?). It wouldn't make sense to have the FE's and FoC's overlap one another. Having a dozen or more new toys hit the market in less than a month of one another sounds like a good way to lose money, not make it.

I find voyagers are a heck of a lot easier to find than deluxes, so as long as the line is continuing into next year (which I don't see why it shouldn't) I can't imagine you'd have trouble locating them. It'll also give the hype of their release time to settle in. I'm seeing more and more Bulkheads and Starscreams hanging around.

Assimilated Wolf

Went to Target today and got the Bot Shots 3-pack with Acid Storm, black tank Megatron, and Nemesis Prime. All three are great, but I love how this Megatron's face looks like Animated Megatron!
Also, this:

Lunatic

Found these at 2 different toys r us's yesterday. I'm glad the FE's are making their way back into stores.

User Image
User Image

Valiant Jackling

Guh! I said I wasn't going to buy that entertainment pack in the re-release because of the other figures I have on pre-order, but those kids are seriously calling to me >.< And only because I know the guy who made the toy models for two of them. Damn. If I can't find it I might have to beg for x-mas. I refuse to pay the $40 BBTS is asking for it :/ Not when all I want are the kids :/

Heart Consumer

14,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Erailea
Guh! I said I wasn't going to buy that entertainment pack in the re-release because of the other figures I have on pre-order, but those kids are seriously calling to me >.< And only because I know the guy who made the toy models for two of them. Damn. If I can't find it I might have to beg for x-mas. I refuse to pay the $40 BBTS is asking for it :/ Not when all I want are the kids :/

Would finding a Ebay lot for the kids be any cheaper than buying the whole thing or are they just as ridiculous there?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff