• Battle: KO 200
  • Partygoer 500
General Lea
Shinobi-no-kitsune
General Lea
Shinobi-no-kitsune
General Lea
DarthHellion
I know, I just like to complain and I for the most part stopped collecting the figures and moved on to the SideShow stuff, love to get the life size Darth Malgus!
Nothin' wrong with wanting a bit of diversity in a line. The higher-end Star Wars merch is pretty cool, but I personally cannot bring myself to buy one just yet. I guess I feel like the 3.75'' line is more manageable for my collecting habits.

The small line has a vastly wider category of characters as well. From Sith Lords, Mandalorians, Jedi, Imperials, Rebels, Separatists... there's just far too much variety that higher end merch can't compete on. Not that they're bad, SideShow and Gentle Giant makes some fantastic stuff, but I doubt I will ever buy any.
Yes! Maybe that's why SideShow and Kotobukia stuff doesn't really catch my interest. I've really only seen those companies make and remake Vader, Boba Fett, Stortroopers and maybe Sidious and Obi Wan and Yoda. Main characters. The 3-quarters line has expanded universe fare as well, and who doesn't love that?! I know I do. emotion_dowant

Sideshow did do a Thrawn 1/6 scale figure, and a Darth Talon 1/4 scale, but that's really it.
Has any big statue company done a Mara Jade? I think one of them is releasing a statue of Shaak Ti at some point, though rather scantily clad instead of being movie accurate..

Not that I am aware of, as far as I can tell they tend to shy away from EU most of the time. If you are interested, www.rebelscum.com has a photo archive you could use to look at what is available.

Interesting Conversationalist

10,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Contributor 150
Shinobi-no-kitsune
General Lea
Shinobi-no-kitsune
General Lea
Shinobi-no-kitsune

The small line has a vastly wider category of characters as well. From Sith Lords, Mandalorians, Jedi, Imperials, Rebels, Separatists... there's just far too much variety that higher end merch can't compete on. Not that they're bad, SideShow and Gentle Giant makes some fantastic stuff, but I doubt I will ever buy any.
Yes! Maybe that's why SideShow and Kotobukia stuff doesn't really catch my interest. I've really only seen those companies make and remake Vader, Boba Fett, Stortroopers and maybe Sidious and Obi Wan and Yoda. Main characters. The 3-quarters line has expanded universe fare as well, and who doesn't love that?! I know I do. emotion_dowant

Sideshow did do a Thrawn 1/6 scale figure, and a Darth Talon 1/4 scale, but that's really it.
Has any big statue company done a Mara Jade? I think one of them is releasing a statue of Shaak Ti at some point, though rather scantily clad instead of being movie accurate..

Not that I am aware of, as far as I can tell they tend to shy away from EU most of the time. If you are interested, www.rebelscum.com has a photo archive you could use to look at what is available.
Thank you for the link! I'll also add it to the front page so others can easily look as well. 3nodding

Bloodthirsty Phantom

16,300 Points
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Partygoer 500
General Lea
Shinobi-no-kitsune
General Lea
Shinobi-no-kitsune
General Lea
Shinobi-no-kitsune

Thank you for the link! I'll also add it to the front page so others can easily look as well. 3nodding

Also put this link up: http://figureoftheday.blogspot.com/

Has a massive number of figure reviews covering figures all the way back to Power of the Force 2.

Assimilated Wolf

I bought one of the Super Battle Droids figures a while back for a little more than ten dollars. Only four points of articulation and couldn't stand to save it's life. Is this the norm for SW figures or did I get a dud?

10,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Contributor 150
Gundamu
I bought one of the Super Battle Droids figures a while back for a little more than ten dollars. Only four points of articulation and couldn't stand to save it's life. Is this the norm for SW figures or did I get a dud?
It depends on what line you bought it from. I'm not really up to speed on the droid articulation but judging by the various lines (even non-SW ones like the Avengers line), articulation varies from Hasbro. The $10 price tag is normal. Grocery stores often sell them a few bucks cheaper I find, at least in my area. Typically though, figures have more than four points. Some stand better than others. Some are in desperate need of figure stands, which can be found online, but it'd be great if they always included them. I guarantee that the humans are really posable.

Assimilated Wolf

General Lea
Gundamu
It depends on what line you bought it from. I'm not really up to speed on the droid articulation but judging by the various lines (even non-SW ones like the Avengers line), articulation varies from Hasbro. The $10 price tag is normal. Grocery stores often sell them a few bucks cheaper I find, at least in my area. Typically though, figures have more than four points. Some stand better than others. Some are in desperate need of figure stands, which can be found online, but it'd be great if they always included them. I guarantee that the humans are really posable.

I don't remember the name of the line. It was whatever one came with the little game piece.
I'll stick to the human characters from now one.

10,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Contributor 150
Gundamu
General Lea
Gundamu

I don't remember the name of the line. It was whatever one came with the little game piece.
Ahhh, those. Those are geared towards kids moreso than us collectors. They often include gimmicky accessories that are really, really lame and not thought out. Does a Jedi seriously need a "zip line"? They use the Force. I'm quite certain they can jump long distances and up really high. I digress. Currently the Clone Wars line comes with the game pieces. I've not collected those as I've never gotten into the cartoon.

Assimilated Wolf

General Lea
Gundamu
General Lea
Gundamu

Ahhh, those. Those are geared towards kids moreso than us collectors. They often include gimmicky accessories that are really, really lame and not thought out. Does a Jedi seriously need a "zip line"? They use the Force. I'm quite certain they can jump long distances and up really high. I digress. Currently the Clone Wars line comes with the game pieces. I've not collected those as I've never gotten into the cartoon.

Ah, I see. Wait, seriously? A ZIP LINE?! Ouch.

10,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Contributor 150
Gundamu
General Lea
Gundamu
General Lea
Gundamu

Uhh, yeah. Actually, it was a grappling hook. But it's a recycled accessory from the other Hasbro lines.

Assimilated Wolf

General Lea
Gundamu
General Lea
Gundamu
General Lea
Gundamu

Uhh, yeah. Actually, it was a grappling hook. But it's a recycled accessory from the other Hasbro lines.

Besides the gimmick that's a damn good looking figure.

10,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Contributor 150
Gundamu
General Lea
Gundamu
General Lea
Gundamu

Yeah. The Clone Wars line is really good sculpt-wise. All of them come with a gimmick item and the game stuff, and they're the same price as the vintage line.

Assimilated Wolf

General Lea
Gundamu
General Lea
Gundamu
General Lea
Gundamu

Yeah. The Clone Wars line is really good sculpt-wise. All of them come with a gimmick item and the game stuff, and they're the same price as the vintage line.

If I find me a Mace figure I might have to drop some cash on that.

10,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Contributor 150
Gundamu
General Lea
Gundamu
General Lea
Gundamu

The definitely have Mace this time around. He looks pretty awesome. Best of luck in finding him. emotion_c8

Assimilated Wolf

General Lea
Gundamu
General Lea
Gundamu
General Lea
Gundamu

The definitely have Mace this time around. He looks pretty awesome. Best of luck in finding him. emotion_c8

Thanks! Maybe the Target near by has one. They have a pretty big Star Wars section.

10,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Contributor 150
Gundamu
General Lea
Gundamu
General Lea
Gundamu

Thanks! Maybe the Target near by has one. They have a pretty big Star Wars section.
They should. He's in the current wave and isn't too tough to find. If not there you could try Toys R Us or, God forbid, Wally World.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff