Welcome to Gaia! ::

Interesting Conversationalist

10,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Contributor 150
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Welcome to the Star Wars toy thread! So far as I know this is the first one specifically devoted to talking nothin' but Star Wars figures of every sort.

Wanna talk about the Vintage line currently in production? How about the Clone Wars line? How about older lines from the late 70s up to now? Or what about the fast food collectibles or any of the gaming figures/cards? Vehicles and play sets too? Yup! You can discuss 'em all right here!

10,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Contributor 150
Where To Buy

Hasbro's Official Website
Target
Toys R Us
Entertainment Earth
Big Bad Toy Store
Past Generation Toys
Star Wars Shop
Unfortunately, China-Mart Wal-Mart
Kmart
wahmbulance eBay
wahmbulance Amazon

wahmbulance Means you should be cautious when purchasing figures, vehicles, etc. User-run sites can easily scam you.

10,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Contributor 150

10,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Contributor 150
Fan Corner

Fan stuff comin' soon!

10,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Contributor 150
I was right, it's a trap. Darn.

10,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Contributor 150
One more reserved for good measure.

10,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Contributor 150
This thread is now open!
Do I really need to keep buying the same figures on yet a different card....I fear for the line

10,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Contributor 150
DarthHellion
Do I really need to keep buying the same figures on yet a different card....I fear for the line
Honestly, if you don't want to, you don't have to. xd Which line is doing this? I know I don't have any duplicates, but I've collected far less figures. I've mainly only collected the new Vintage line. I've got two from the 2006 line similar to Vintage, which featured figure stands and removable bits, which bugged me to NO end. Not a fan of that line because those removable parts like to fall off and go flying about my shelves. Name of the line escapes me. Then I've got Darth Vader from the RotS line way back.
I know, I just like to complain and I for the most part stopped collecting the figures and moved on to the SideShow stuff, love to get the life size Darth Malgus!

10,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Contributor 150
DarthHellion
I know, I just like to complain and I for the most part stopped collecting the figures and moved on to the SideShow stuff, love to get the life size Darth Malgus!
Nothin' wrong with wanting a bit of diversity in a line. The higher-end Star Wars merch is pretty cool, but I personally cannot bring myself to buy one just yet. I guess I feel like the 3.75'' line is more manageable for my collecting habits.

Bloodthirsty Phantom

16,300 Points
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Partygoer 500
General Lea
DarthHellion
Nothin' wrong with wanting a bit of diversity in a line. The higher-end Star Wars merch is pretty cool, but I personally cannot bring myself to buy one just yet. I guess I feel like the 3.75'' line is more manageable for my collecting habits.

The small line has a vastly wider category of characters as well. From Sith Lords, Mandalorians, Jedi, Imperials, Rebels, Separatists... there's just far too much variety that higher end merch can't compete on. Not that they're bad, SideShow and Gentle Giant makes some fantastic stuff, but I doubt I will ever buy any.

10,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Contributor 150
Shinobi-no-kitsune
General Lea
DarthHellion

The small line has a vastly wider category of characters as well. From Sith Lords, Mandalorians, Jedi, Imperials, Rebels, Separatists... there's just far too much variety that higher end merch can't compete on. Not that they're bad, SideShow and Gentle Giant makes some fantastic stuff, but I doubt I will ever buy any.
Yes! Maybe that's why SideShow and Kotobukia stuff doesn't really catch my interest. I've really only seen those companies make and remake Vader, Boba Fett, Stortroopers and maybe Sidious and Obi Wan and Yoda. Main characters. The 3-quarters line has expanded universe fare as well, and who doesn't love that?! I know I do. emotion_dowant

Bloodthirsty Phantom

16,300 Points
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Partygoer 500
General Lea
Shinobi-no-kitsune
General Lea
DarthHellion

Yes! Maybe that's why SideShow and Kotobukia stuff doesn't really catch my interest. I've really only seen those companies make and remake Vader, Boba Fett, Stortroopers and maybe Sidious and Obi Wan and Yoda. Main characters. The 3-quarters line has expanded universe fare as well, and who doesn't love that?! I know I do. emotion_dowant

Sideshow did do a Thrawn 1/6 scale figure, and a Darth Talon 1/4 scale, but that's really it.

10,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Contributor 150
Shinobi-no-kitsune
General Lea
Shinobi-no-kitsune
General Lea
DarthHellion

Sideshow did do a Thrawn 1/6 scale figure, and a Darth Talon 1/4 scale, but that's really it.
Has any big statue company done a Mara Jade? I think one of them is releasing a statue of Shaak Ti at some point, though rather scantily clad instead of being movie accurate..

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff