Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkly Genius

Electrified CandyPop
Guess who is almost half way done with their layaway?
Me!
I still need a name, maybe something French. Like Charlotte. I like that name. Damn I'm good cool

Charlotte is my favourite girl name. I am saving it for if I ever have a daughter. That is seriously why I have not named a doll that lol So needless to say, I love that name.

@Tora - That was Nora for me. I loved the name and had an idea in mind for what a Nora would look like. I searched out the sculpt to fit my idea of the name.

Desirable Genius

@ Tora
I only had that with Asaro XD

suddenly reminded me of something, which I think is a bit funny =P
BJD are THE reason of my Hyde x Asaro pairing. XD I wanted a DollZone Hid -Hyde- as first doll but I also liked their DollZone Mo. Mo reminded me of an old and bitter Asaro so I thought I could make Asaro out of it. Doubting between the two, I had a random image of them kissing @w@||.. and tada, I build more on that thought and now there's a whole story around them XD This made me like Asaro because I disliked him before. But at that time I only had an image of his bitter side and never gave him more thought than a mean man.
Then I decided to choose a different mold for Asaro and when I saw Kid Delf Hodoo again I immediately thought sweet young version! XD to times doubted though if wanted Hodoo or Lime e___e''.. but Hodoo is pure love =P

.. I wrote too much D8
Would it be a good idea to take Asaro with me to a con? oA o''

Devoted Sweetheart

@ Spore: I was going to name my second girl Nora, but now I have a new character that it doesn't suit.
@ Candypop: Arlette is the pet name for Charlotte, the affectionate form. It's a pretty name
@ Tora: I named Arlette 2 weeks after getting her, and as for Illyana who I don't have yet, I wonder if I'll change my mind once I meet her.

Desirable Lunatic

@Tora: Not one did I have a name but a whole back story and idea of what they had to look like for my of my dolls before I even began looking at sculpts.

@Neo: I regularity take my dolls with me to cons. But bring a carrier or be prepared to carry him all day. And don't let him out of you sight, in fact it might be better to just not put him down lol
Afternoon, everyone! :] Hope you're all having a lovely Friday~

Spore XP

His presents are horrible. @.@ lol I wouldn't send one to my worst enemy...okay, maybe I would. >3>

The Goddess Shilen

o: That's a lovely image, what game is it from?
I'm of Hispanic heritage. ^.^ It was my first language and it's the language I speak to my family in, but I tend to talk more in English. You should try finding people to type with in Spanish, it's really fun because you get a bit better at writing it. :p (I'm horrible at typing in Spanish.)
Oh, you live in the FL area? It's so pretty there. o.o

Desirable Lunatic

ll CuteOne ll

The Goddess Shilen

o: That's a lovely image, what game is it from?
I'm of Hispanic heritage. ^.^ It was my first language and it's the language I speak to my family in, but I tend to talk more in English. You should try finding people to type with in Spanish, it's really fun because you get a bit better at writing it. :p (I'm horrible at typing in Spanish.)
Oh, you live in the FL area? It's so pretty there. o.o

It's from an MMO called Lineage 2
English is the only language i'll claim to really know. I'm mildly dyslexic so I usually have a hard enough time getting my spelling and grammar correct in English that I haven't really/have no desire to dive in to becoming fluent in another language. (lol I have a hard enough time sometime getting my thoughts across with english) XD

On another note I made a few new dresses today, finally branched out to doing MSD stuff. My new BJD shop is actually starting to look stocked XD

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

This one is flawed so it's not going in my shop right now but i still love this style. I might attempt it again

Oh and Aria started wearing the silver wig ^.^ as you can see lol
Rei got droped off to get her face up done today, can't wait to see her finished!

4,550 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Sweeeet new forum!

Hello! Please call me: Kesu or Kya (Kyarorin is my real name translated in Japanese ;D )
About you: I'm into art, digital painting FTW! Music, poetry, gaming, anime, and collecting BJDs.
My style is a dreamy Visual kei, but where I live, people in the neighborhood would think I'm weird (I don't care but to be pointed out and made fun of, isn't nice D; ). My first BJDs are male and I have only had them since June 1 2011 ;3 So I'm fairly new with the hobby, though I have a female doll otw.
How you got into the hobby:found out about BJD collecting a few years back at an anime convention when an acquaintance of mine was walking around with a doll in her hand (13 SD male). As soon as I laid eyes on the doll, I fell in love and wanted one immediately, but it was soon after that I found out the the hobby of doll collecting could be rather expensive, and I was unable to get a doll. It was about this year in early April, a friend of mine bought me my first BJD from the company Dollove through ebay. The doll being Brian (now renamed Masaru), a 1/3 SD, cost about $410.00 as my friend got him as a full set, so I am forever grateful for having such a wonderful friend to get me my first doll. My 2nd doll is from starspangledolls, bought 2nd hand. His name is Alexander, and I have only had him for about 1 month (including Masaru xD) -^^- my collection is growing slowly but as of far, I am happy with the two boys I have now.
I plan on being a faceup artist, as I have done 5 faceups on Masaru and 3 on Alexander. Poor Masa's the guinea pig a majority of the time lol.
Favorite aspect of the hobby: Sewing, making furniture, making accessories, making friends with others in the hobby, enjoying how much my dolls scare the hell out of my friends xD

Your dolls:
User Image
Name: Masaru Takashita
Sculpt: Brian-Dollove
Date Received: June 1, 2011
Favorite theme: Jrock/Visual Kei (cosplays as Reita from The Gazette)
Personality/Backstory: Masaru is a hard working bartender at night and magazine photographer during the day. Though he thoroughly enjoys both jobs, as he gets to meet many interesting people, his real dream in to travel without any limitations or expenses. But from his current salaries from both jobs, he still does not have enough money to plan a dream travel experience. Masa’s charismatic, blunt, smooth, socially in tune, and down to earth. He’s been known to be very flexible in situations and hardly becomes angry, allowing people to title him as a lover not a fighter. Romantic and charming with a slight rebellious attitude toward commitment, his treatment of his significant other is an adventure of excitement and in some cases, disappointing. Regardless of being a ladies’ man, he has been known to be “greedy”.

User Image
Name: Alexander Grinttingson
Sculpt: Adonis-StarspangleDoll (now known as Le Doll company)
Date Received: June 11, 2011
Favorite theme: Punk (is known to look like Oshare-kei band SuG's lead sing: Takeru)
Personality/Backstory: Alexander is a sweet guy by nature who often ends up being taken advantage of when it comes to money or in many cases, letting people who he doesn't like, stay in his home. He works as a painter for a well known museum, doing portraits of people who he has met or ideas that come swimming from his mind. Regardless of his sharp expressions, dark clothing, and constantly active hair styles, he's a boy at heart who remains quite naive. Because of his shyness, he doesn't interact with people too well and has been classified as a "wall flower".

4,550 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
@Jenna D'awww your boys are soo cute 3nodding

4,550 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Spore XP
Nora's head doesn't like to look forward either, though her whole body kind of goes a bit crazy because she is strung a bit tight. I like it that way though. I just have to adjust her constantly.

Masa's strung tightly. Whenever I'm posing him, his arm usually comes at me with such a vengeance, I often get nice little red marks from where his arm pinched me xD
Then again, putting someone in awkward moments for photo shoots would make anyone go off lools
I'm scared that I have fallen in love with Iple's Freezia for a possible anime character. I am scared to own a bigger doll...

Damn you to hell VK!
The Goddess Shilen

Oh, what a beautiful thing Lineage 3 would've been if they had been intelligent enough to go through with it. We still got TERA coming though, so woot for En Masse for recycling the code they made at NcSoft!
Ah, I see, dyslexia can be a little annoying. ): My understanding is that it doesn't really let you focus and that focusing is really hard (my bf has dyslexia). Well, knowing one language is better than none. ^w^
o: I love that dress on Sapling!
>< Ooo, I can't wait to see Rei with a face up. She's so pretty and she'll look even more beautiful with a face up.

Desirable Lunatic

ll CuteOne ll

Yea. As it is they are finally revamping the game to make it what it should have been 6 years ago.
Thanks ^.^ I have been sewing up a storm trying to make my inventory for the next 3-5 months x.x

There are different kinds of dyslexia has more to do with turning thought in to word be it written or spoken. My comprehension is high but I have a hard time conveying what is in my head. I think problems with focusing has more to do with ADD but I'm not sure.
There are no conventions around my place gonk

@Kesuguya: You did nice work on your boys' faces :3
They're handsome >w<

Spore, I was experimenting around on her and that was one of them...You should have seen the other ones LOL!...on the 4th try I finally got something. I'm okay with it. I liked the old one better but it was wearing off. Wish I could have kept her eyebrows!

User Image

I did Viera's faceup also (on the left). But I've since added eyelashes and gloss, so it looks a little different from the picture. There were a few close calls but now I'm happy with his expression~

extra: Rei and Meiko get no love! Also, my little Potluck George under a baseball helmet :3

User Image

Sparkly Genius

Cute new stuff, Shilen! I really do love the design of that second dress, you should definitely try it again. Glad Rei is getting her faceup too! Hope she gets home soon.

@Kesu - <3 Masaru so much.

@Bishie - Yay, Viera is getting a real face! XD And Seele looks normal again ha ha. I want to see pics of Viera all finished with eyes in and a wig, even if he doesn't have a body yet. It looks like you definitely got rid of that shininess problem you had when you first got him. n__n

Desirable Lunatic

Thanks Spore ^.^
It will likely be around a month before I get Rei back but she should be done before that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games