Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fluffy Prophet

It does take forever, but it's so nice to know all their backstories! I feel like I've known these dolls for a while but now I feel like I know them on a whole new level.
I need to get to sewing again too, I have a half finished outfit ; ;
Hello! Please call me: Anything, really. Bishie works too!

About you: I'm pretty young, an engineering student and love working and playing with my dolls. My collection changes a lot.

How you got into the hobby: Dream of Doll was the first company to get me interested in dolls, particular the E-an and Homme Ducan sculpts. (I eventually ordered neither of them.) Awhile later I happened upon Leekeworld's site and saw Mabel's page and knew she was the one. Anyway, long story short, I don't remember much except that my dolls were destined to be character shells. Essentially it was customization that totally captured my heart. I love doing faceups, sewing, and drawing! Also cute things!

Your dolls: (last updated 05/Aug/2012)
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Dolly crew! by bishiecake, on Flickr

Ram of Morskogen. by bishiecake, on Flickr

Admiral, reporting for duty!! by bishiecake, on Flickr

Personality/Backstory:
Seele (blonde-haired BJD - Leekeworld Mabel): Sweet girl, loves candy. My first doll. yum_strawberrypie
May (pale mint-haired BJD - Iplehouse Amy):
Sonny (Dal Cinnamoroll): A tomboy in every aspect except clothes (cause I make the rules in this house)
Shay (brown-haired Little Dal Humpty Dumpty): Guaranteed to put a scowl on your face every morning. Whoa there, attitude!
Dani (rabbit-eared Little Dal Jouet): The yang to Shay's yin. Sweet as can be.
Kat (Little Dal Rooster): Kind of a geek.
Florence (Rosenlied Cosette): Goat princess/morigirl.
Phineas (Asleep Eidolon Custard): Gamer kid that I like to dress in sailor suits, just because. That's his seal buddy Captain Starfish.

Favourite aspect of the hobby:
Customizing/sewing/friends.

Dapper Phantom

6,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
Hi guys!

Hello! Please call me: Tao/Mag
About you: I'm 18, a student. I've been in this hobby for three years now. I crochet dollie hats and am attempting to sew for my dolls. I make money selling projects on Etsy.
How you got into the hobby: My friend brought hers to school and after about six months of searching, I found Doll Family Rain.
Your dolls:
User Image

Name: Aoife
Sculpt: Doll Family Rain
Date Received: March 2009
Personality/Backstory: Aoife is a mischievous forest fairy who likes to play pranks on the girls. Though he is often annoying and downright mean to Emily, he has gradually fallen for her, though he'd never tell her that.

Expression 1: User Image

Expression 2:
User Image

Name: Emily
Sculpt: Dollzone Feilian
Date Received: November 2009
Personality/Backstory: Long story short, Emily was a mermaid who fell in love with a human. She defied her family in order to be with him. He didn't want her. She's now stuck on land, not welcome back to her previous life, and unwanted by the one she gave everything for.

User Image

Name: Claire
Sculpt: Olleaf Doll Sweet Choco
Date Received: January 2010
Personality/Backstory: I don't know. She's new. Imagine a tiny hipster.
Favourite aspect of the hobby: I love the majority of the people, as well as looking at the monthly releases. Trying to sew for them is a fun challenge.

Dapper Phantom

6,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
Ahh! sweatdrop
Sorry for the large photos, I guess Photobucket doesn't want to listen to me.
For me too, photobucket would not save my changes...
this is Fin, I'm posting on my hubby's account because he won't do it himself. I thought David deserved an introduction
Hello! Please call me: David or Honigschmidt
About you: Finlet's husband
How you got into the hobby: copycatting Finlet
Your dolls:
User Image
Name:David
Sculpt: Aidolls/Customhouse Hyun
Date Received: Spring '11
Personality/Backstory: It's anyone's guess... he has one but David won't tell it stare
Favourite aspect of the hobby: faceups and customizing

Sparkly Genius

Neo Masamune-sama
Spore XP
Before I know it, all of your dolls will have a weird looking beret from me that sits somewhere in your doll clothing storage because you don;t actually use it. XD

this made me laugh XD
also an image popping up of Fate's guys all wearing a beret X'D

Ha ha, that is a weird image! I meant it to be silly XD

@Shilen - That was some intense introduction. Thanks for giving us a deeper look at your big family!

@Fate - What bothers you about his body? You had to order him on the newest body, didn't you?

@Cute One - I loled from your comment about Bell`s 'presents' XD

@Bishie - Aww, those are cute little pics, I hope Seele and Viera get done soon so you can spam real pics of them!

@Tao - Nice to see Aofie, I forgot he existed. I would love to see a pic of all 3 of them together~ Lol Claire "Imagine a tiny hipster" - so cute XD

@Fin - lol "About you: Finlet's husband", get that guy on here to do it himself! He needs to open up more. I think he could have lots of funl.

iymcool's Wife

Quotable Lunatic

Neo Masamune-sama
I'm tempted to take a picture of my boys with my floating head XD
I'm starting to feel sorry for Vairon.. he really has nothing besides a wig and eyes.. XD

I should start sewing (AGAIN.. XD haha.. I keep saying I should start >< wink
and get some magic block / eraser thing some day.. poor Hyde XD

I always forget you have Vairon!

iymcool's Wife

Quotable Lunatic

Neo Masamune-sama
@ Fate
true.. Torin and Kouji should be no-clothes-buddies =P

on the other hand.. I take back what I wrote, I am afraid the laptop might be broken.. AGAIN D<.. wtf..

-moving conversation here, if this is our new doll thread! xD

They totally should be! :3 They can write letters to each other complaining about their clothes-less ness

iymcool's Wife

Quotable Lunatic

Sppooooore~~
What bothers me about his body...
His arms are always going.. up? like creeper hands.
I'll illustrate.
User Image

Hes like that ALL. OF. THE. TIME.
I try to pt his hands down nice, but nope. His joints are weird, so I dunno if I like them.
I honestly think one leg is shorter then the other.. by a little. Hence why he never stands. But his legs just fling back up, too, so IDK
I'm to scared to restring, anyways, so I dunno what to do.

Sparkly Genius

That sounds very sad. He is doing the creep all the time I guess. That pic is hilarious btw. Imma have to see it irl. Maybe we can fix it together.

OH, also, I added more depth to the thread with a weekly topic and photo of the month thing (see the first and contest posts). Let me know if you like this ides or if it is too much! I can't help but go all out all the time.

iymcool's Wife

Quotable Lunatic

You can tell Im a pro at drawing by that illustration.
I'm pretty sure Kai hates me right now. xD He's staring at a wall. [mostly because I'm too lazy to fix him.]

Kinedel's Wife

Divine Kitten

Hello! Please call me: Tora

About you: 26. Married. Lover of anime, crime dramas, drawing, writing, reading, and of course BJDs. biggrin

How you got into the hobby: I've always loved dolls and so just branched out. smile

Your dolls:

User Image
Name: Wataame
Birthday: April 17
Personality: Stubborn, Cynical, Sarcastic, and Slightly Pompous
Dislikes: Annoying People ( which is everyone to her )
Family: Amaiko ( younger sister ) and Alexis Michelle ( youngest sister )

User Image
Name: Amaiko
Birthday: November 19
Personality: Sweet, Innocent, Naive, and Slightly Air Headed
Dislikes: Confrontation
Family: Wataame ( older sister ) and Alexis Michelle ( younger sister )

User Image
Name: Alexis Michelle
Birthday: January 14
Personality: Goofy, Outgoing, Rambunctious, and Slightly Oblivious
Dislikes: Staying Still
Family: Wataame ( oldest sister ) and Amaiko ( older sister )

Favorite aspect of the hobby: The customization~

Kinedel's Wife

Divine Kitten

Hello everyone! Nice new home. heart

Fluffy Prophet

XFateX

Sppooooore~~
What bothers me about his body...
His arms are always going.. up? like creeper hands.
I'll illustrate.
User Image

Hes like that ALL. OF. THE. TIME.
I try to pt his hands down nice, but nope. His joints are weird, so I dunno if I like them.
I honestly think one leg is shorter then the other.. by a little. Hence why he never stands. But his legs just fling back up, too, so IDK
I'm to scared to restring, anyways, so I dunno what to do.

that's what Pria's arms do, except it's like this:
User Image
I let her stay that way, as it fits her character to gesture and twiddle her thumbs.

Desirable Lunatic

ll CuteOne ll
The Goddess Shilen

It's really time consuming to get your babies looking the way that you want, so it's understandable if it'll take a bit of time.
Rei will look beautiful with a face up. What are you planning for her?
Oh, by the way, I've been meaning to ask about your siggy. Hablas espanol? o: Donde lo aprendiste, si lo sabes hablar?

lol yea. no one is actually "Complete" Kamui is closest.

This is Reijin (the original character) and this is the reference i'll be giving to the face up artist so hopefully it will be close to this.

As far as Spanish lol
I'm of Spanish decent. I understand the language when spoken to me and I can read quite a lot. I did take some Spanish courses in High School (a must when you live in Miami.) I can speak it more then I can write it but my comprehension is high. Usually I reply in English tho since I fail in grammar and I can't conjugate verbs for my life lol.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff