Welcome to Gaia! ::

iymcool's Wife

Quotable Lunatic

Saffron Blehckchah
@Yuna; Thanks! :'D I'm hoping to get better pics and maybe do a photo story soon... I haven't given my dolls attention in forever. ; ^ ;
Sucks that DoA is being so strict with you, I hope you and Wendy get that all sorted out soon. Dx

@Radio; I so hope you're able to get your hands on Frankenstein, one of our other regulars was interested in him the first time he came out but had to make the decision not to get him. emo It would be awesome to see him around the thread. <3

@Hatsya; Soon. >w> Fin is still working on him, so I'll leave it up to her if she wants to post pics here before he's finished. He is looking so good... just the right amounts of creepy and handsome. ; w ;
Which reminds me
is he coming to me after or no? x3

Romantic Lunatic

Since my Alice Collections order seems to be going nowhere...I'm wonder where are decent places you can get MSD sized clothes that are semi Mori Girl, or more casual looking for okay prices and quick-ish shipping?

I mean I might be asking too much, but I want to mess around with my Lilah more but all I can do picture wise are headshots right now.

This is for MSD 1/4 (preferably slim, but doesn't have to be).

Also......why are doll shoes more expensive than the shoes I buy for myself.

Devout Prophet

saghajsgjhasgd Spore, that photostory is so cute I can't--

and it's got a cardboard box in it! A real cardboard box!
Less spacious than mine, though... 4laugh

Distinct Smoker

Aellos

Denver Doll Emporium is popular, and no lie. I ordered a large order from them and it arrived two days later!! I like their prices and they have regular sales.

I emailed the Jenny the owner of Ringdoll begging for Frankie, and she told me that I was trying to order a doll that went out of commission Jan 15 2012!! She told me he will be arriving again later 2013, which means he will be released again and will not be so hart to buy!! I hope it is later in the year, like after April. Because then I will have saved up enough money to buy him myself!!

My mom YELLED at me about never buying me anything ever again that wasnt food or clothes. I don't know where it came from, I guess money is tight or something because I havent spent money in the last week. I got two things in the mail but I ordered them a month ago. ;~;
So technically Im cut off now. Im 21, so Im not beat up about it. I am lucky that she supported me this far. She paid for half my doll things and I guess that half was still too much. She hates my hobbies. Both my parents want me to stop watching animation, have toys, play video games or draw. But thats who I am! Im a bunch of other stuff too but without my inner child Im cynical depressed person with no motivation. Ive totally been there before, I was miserable. crying

Sorry to rant. It has to do with bjd I suppose.

Fluffy Prophet

@ Fate: are you guys having a meetup? How are things?

@ Saff: I'm re-doing the wings emotion_facepalm I used purity seal because it has a reputation for not clouding, but I thought it photographed ashy. Other than that, finishing the face and doing horns is all that's left.

Fashionable Fatcat

6,600 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
@Aellos: In respect to doll clothes I've found that a seller on Ebay, who goes by the name of mybayer2008, sells a lot of REALLY nice MSD doll clothes. Best part is that the shipping is free, and the wait time is only about 2-4 weeks. I've ordered from them previously, and have been satisfied with the products I've purchased :3

@RadioWires: I know how you feel D: *hugs* My parents don't think my artwork is something I should be doing professionally, and I've had to pay for my college since the day I started. My Dad has only given me a little bit of gas money, but for the most part I'm financially independent. Thankfully my parents allow me to stay at their house and eat their food, but it's still frustrating sometimes. I know that if I didn't have art, cartoons, anime, music, and dollies that I would be extremely depressed right now. Just try to keep your chin up, and take pride in the friends and things that you already have. ^_^ It makes disappointment from parental disapproval a bit more bearable.

Spore XP's Compadre

Advanced Loiterer

@Fate; Yes indeed, if you are still up for having him. :3 I promise I will come pick him up ASAP when he arrives. xD He'll take up a lot of room. </3

@Fin; Aww, I thought they looked good, but if you think this will make them look better then yay! I can't believe how much work you've done on him in about a week! xD

@Aellos; Have you checked Etsy? There are lots of slim outfits on there and you might find something in the right style, mori girl seems to be popular these days. ^^

@Radio; Oh, don't worry, we all have to rant sometimes, I know how you feel. Things like BJDs, books, video games, etc. sometimes distract me from my responsibilities, but overall I don't know what I'd do without them. :c It's something not many parents can grasp. I think if you're cut off it'll be a good thing, the more independent you are, the more you can choose to do your own thing and not worry what your mom thinks of your dolls and other hobbies. :3

iymcool's Wife

Quotable Lunatic

Finlet
@ Fate: are you guys having a meetup? How are things?

@ Saff: I'm re-doing the wings emotion_facepalm I used purity seal because it has a reputation for not clouding, but I thought it photographed ashy. Other than that, finishing the face and doing horns is all that's left.

Well, nothing planned as of now. x3 But one day soon, yes. xD

Saff: I'm not worried. xD

Fluffy Prophet

@ Saff: I know I can make them look better, they are so nice in person and I hope to preserve their transparency

37,975 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Team Josie 25
  • Super Jumper 500
@ Fin: How is purity seal? I heard mix views on it when it comes to face ups.

BAH! I have to wait til the end of the month to place a pre-order for Frailties eyes u-u I might have to order Miyu a new pair since I stole hers for Frailty to get rid of them acryls I had...

Fluffy Prophet

@ Lady Cressida: I love it, I think I just used one too many coats trying to keep the prism powder on. If the can isn't shaken well enough it can be too smooth, if warmed too much it's gritty. It takes some getting used to

37,975 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Team Josie 25
  • Super Jumper 500
@Finlet: Thanks! There is a game shop few block away that carries Warhammer stuff. I'm pretty sure they carry Purity Seal. I will have to get a can for faceups when the weather is nice.

Sparkly Genius

The Sexiest Hobo Around
saghajsgjhasgd Spore, that photostory is so cute I can't--

and it's got a cardboard box in it! A real cardboard box!
Less spacious than mine, though... 4laugh

Aww thanks!
Yep, that shoutout about the box making a comfortable home for a hobo was for you. <3

@Aellos - On the subject of why doll shoes are more expensive than human shoes... I ask myself that all the time x__X

Invisible Bloodsucker

8,750 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Random question, but what's the best 'putty' to use when putting doll eyes in?

Ishtear's Wife

Angelic Gatekeeper

17,375 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Turns out that I'll have to wait for Momocolor to have another event before I can order a body for Madelyn. Their tan skin doesn't seem to be available outside of events. I really thought that I'd be able to just order the tan body. So, It'll be some time before she's complete. It makes me sad. I really wanted to see Melody and Madelyn together from the start.

I washed one of Soa's wigs and it's super soft now. Before it was getting a bit frizzy on the end.

Finlet - I just adore Heidi! Her body is just so elegant.

Aellos - Have you check out Nine9style? They have really cute clothing, some of their dresses seem to fit what you are looking for. They also have really nice casual clothes.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff