Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkly Explorer

6,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Signature Look 250
Finlet
@ Fearmy: beautifull! she's styled so nicely

@ Wendy: if it's just pencil, they'res no need to worry. Even if you can't afford msc and stuff right now (I hear ya sweatdrop ) It's not really a stain, but a stubborn mark. Is this what you're using? It's the best: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Um well it's the original but it's the sample size I think so I don't know if that makes a difference.

Devout Prophet

@Fearmy - Oh my Goodness she looks so excited, haha! Adorable!

@4Wendy - Aaah! Has the stain been removed yet?! o__o

@Radio - Heehee, such a cute photoshoot~

@Yuna - Wow great job (: She looks lovely! I also really love that wig on her @__@

Meanwhile, bad news from me. I recently got Moira back home annndd... she lasted a total of two days before her face-up cracked. ; -- ; The artist didn't even want to give me a refund because she was fine before and after travel. So now I'm scrubbing her clean and am going to attempt to do her face-up myself (ohmygod).

Anyone got any good tips on doing face-ups? sweatdrop

Fluffy Prophet

@ Wendy: that's the right stuff, then, just scrubbing patiently should do it (it's microabrasive). And then at your leisure some more msc to protect it and remove the shinyness from scrubbing. I think we all have our 'new to bjd' horror stories. For instance, I accidentaly washed Arlette's wrist peice down the drain.

@ Sexy hobo: what did she seal it with ?!! That's terrible.

Devout Prophet

Finlet - I'm not sure. She said she did seal it with msc, but I suppose she didn't clean the head properly beforehand or something. Really bummed about it. Have already contacted the lady who did Ray's face-up however, and she is more than willing to do it. I'm going to try my own first however.

By the way, I almost forgot to ask. How is that little project of you going? The custom doll?

Distinct Smoker

Fearmyboxers
Ohh Im so jealouse I could scream! You have a Ciel Bjd! I want Ciel and Alois dolls so bad. <3

37,975 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Team Josie 25
  • Super Jumper 500
@ 4wendy: I use a damp cloth with mild soap if it's fresh, or use the magic block if it's being stubborn. Try using rubbing alcohol on the area and scrub it gently with the magic block. If all comes to worse you can always use that stain spot as a beauty mark or a scar for part of the character.

Fluffy Prophet

@ Sexy hobo: I'm glad you asked, I had to set her aside to do some other projects, but between the book David got for me and the BJD panel at the anime convention, I've learned so much! I am re-working some of her joints to fit together better. Here are the last pics I took: deviantart

Sparkly Genius

@Wendy - Hmm it's odd pencil would do that... I am certain you will be able to get it off.
My dolls have had all kids of scuffs on them and most of them are a mystery. My second hand girl came with coloured marks all over her, so I am convinced she lived in a pencil box before I cleaned her up. I can understand how you would feel panicy with your first doll. Over time I just resigned myself to the fact that stuff was going to happen to my dolls eventually and I don't worry about keeping them pristine anymore u__u;;

@FMB - She's really cute ^^

@Hobo - That's awful! Who did you get to do the faceup? I hope they change their mind and refund you.

@Finlet - I forgot about your custom bjd! I hope Spencer didn't take you away from her too much.

Fluffy Prophet

Spore XP

@Finlet - I forgot about your custom bjd! I hope Spencer didn't take you away from her too much.

All he needs now is gloss, but now someting really really big is going to be taking my time. I'll give you a hint: what is almost as big as me, has a stone heart and just showed up to my front door?

Sparkly Genius

Finlet
Spore XP

All he needs now is gloss, but now someting really really big is going to be taking my time. I'll give you a hint: what is almost as big as me, has a stone heart and just showed up to my front door?

Ahhaha! I love that description. If it's not Malocchio I don't know what it is!

Fluffy Prophet

hehe ninja

But Spencer has my full undivided attention still.

Distinct Smoker

A bunch of clothes came in today! ^-^

Sparkly Explorer

6,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Signature Look 250
I guess I'll just have to scrub it every day... maybe try some rubbing alchohol or some non-scented non-lotioned dishsoap with the eraser (I heard that works pretty well)

Still, it's not very noticeable... but I'm still so sad about it XD

and a happy/sad note I made Luciano some pants!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The pants are the happy part now that they are staying together! Then I tried to make him a shirt (that was the template I was making when I marked him DX) and what do you know the sleeves won't work and the torso fits alright. So I cut off the sleeve without thinking, and now I have to redo his side seams on the newly formed tank top OTL

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Beloved Lunatic

10,325 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200
Fumi is kinda stiff in the joints but shes much better than my first obitsu, he is a volks EB and falls to pieces its how i lost his arm, i actually might just keep that body as a body and buy a new male obitsu. The Ciel is a Azone action figure lol his hairs pretty horrible but hes adorable XD

Does the MSC stop paint from chipping? o.o; i just repainted Elren

iymcool's Wife

Quotable Lunatic

Fearmyboxers
Fumi is kinda stiff in the joints but shes much better than my first obitsu, he is a volks EB and falls to pieces its how i lost his arm, i actually might just keep that body as a body and buy a new male obitsu. The Ciel is a Azone action figure lol his hairs pretty horrible but hes adorable XD

Does the MSC stop paint from chipping? o.o; i just repainted Elren

Yes.....
It's a sealer. Used to protect the doll, on top of stopping it chipping, staining and rubbing off as easily.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff