Welcome to Gaia! ::

Obsessive Man-Lover

27,675 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Abomination 100
  • 50 Wins 150
i was thinking about resin colours and decided to take a comparison picture of all my dolls~

User Image

it looks like a bunch of eggs. xD
i guess the late '09 DoD one is really a lot more pink than the others.

@aurae; wow, that's a lot of trouble. i feel bad for you.

Spore XP's Compadre

Advanced Loiterer

@aurae; WOW. Pah-thetic. I do not understand why they can't find something without you spelling it out to them like they're stupid. Thank god they found it. Now you know never to deal with them again!

@Fin; Ah, so not more intense pink, just more of a darker shade?
Good thing you have Dragondoll to resin match with, it's nice when you know for sure that at least one company will be reliably similar.
Pictures won't show up for me right now for some reason. x_x

@Spore; Same. xD I saw someone who had a Kyo doll the other day.... And in the database they're like "Name: Kyo Occupation: Lead singer of a band" and it's just like... noooo... you can't be serious....
No offense, I hope nobody in here has a doll like that or I'll feel really bad... but I always find it kind of sad when someone actually makes their doll into a real person that they can never know or meet. u.u Doesn't seem totally... healthy to me.

Spore XP's Compadre

Advanced Loiterer

Wow Pug, that is soooooo helpful!! owo Thanks so much for posting that! I can't believe the difference in the newest DoD. I much prefer the colour from the '07 sculpt you have there!

iymcool's Wife

Quotable Lunatic

bishiecake
I secretly want a tiny..

Me too. but not so secret. I want a pukisha!

Spore XP's Compadre

Advanced Loiterer

I would like to try out a tiny one day, like a pocket size doll, but I would have to meet one IRL first. >w<

I just love the idea of putting a doll in my pocket.... Eeeee!
XFateX
bishiecake
I secretly want a tiny..

Me too. but not so secret. I want a pukisha!

I like Lati Laches and Senny. >w<

Obsessive Man-Lover

27,675 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Abomination 100
  • 50 Wins 150
i want a little baby pipos kitty or bunny~~
Hujoo Siamese Dorothy! I want.
Wow, Pug, that's quite a difference in shades! Maybe I'll compare my girls' headcaps when I get home. They're not Dream of Doll, but both of my dolls are from the same company and now I'm curious to see if there's as much difference.

Pipos makes adorable tinies, and so does Lati! I don't really want a tiny myself, but I have some friends with Pipos and Latis that I love getting to visit with~ heart

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

This guy is my favourite Lati. He's a yellow Miel named "Prince Amari."

Fluffy Prophet

I have a headcap picture, but it with no DoD in it. My Isis matches your December '09 color. It's like a powdery pink
User Image

Sparkly Genius

Finlet
Spore XP
Oh, Finlet, when did you want the deadline for people to submit their sculpt guesses to you to be?

Deadline? Idk.... umm I thought I'd wait for first second and third places to come in unless there's a big lag and people lose interest. What do you think Spore? I'm new at this!
My husband is on Istory. Actually I am too but I never play, I miss FFXI too much

It's a tough call. I put a date for mine but it died so I just kind of announced it. So it's up to you whether you just want to wait and see. We can just leave it for now and announce that people have X number more days when you feel everyone has kind of done what they can.
Ohh okay I am on Figaro. I just picked it up again yesterday after they patched it a bit lol I don't miss XI at all, I just wish I could have an automaton again! haha.
Very pretty photos of Isis too. =D

@Pug - lol they really do look like a bunch of eggs. Such difference in colour even with the same company!

@aurae - omg that Miel so sooo cute! We really don't see many that small in here, do we? I know in the old thread we had someone with some pukis, but other than that... mostly bigger dolls.

I also like the idea of having a doll in my pocket, but if I am going to spend that much money I feel like I want something of substance too so.. I probably won't go that route.

Fluffy Prophet

there's a smaller doll that I want really bad too but I can't say who or I may spoil the contest.
I'll give a holler when I think participation is winding down and see if anyone's doing it. no rush... hunt for fun!
Lately I have a thing for girl dolls with short hair.

Obsessive Man-Lover

27,675 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Abomination 100
  • 50 Wins 150
@finlet; do i wait until i found all of the sculpts before sending the answers to you or do i send what i have already then add to it? i was trying to figure them out last night but i didn't get them all yet~

Fluffy Prophet

Pugnacious Banana
@finlet; do i wait until i found all of the sculpts before sending the answers to you or do i send what i have already then add to it? i was trying to figure them out last night but i didn't get them all yet~

Wait until you have all of them, or all that you plan on getting, or it could get confusing on who won.

Man-Hungry Noob

Saffron Blehckchah
So, I guess Ringdoll is added to my "never order from" list along with Lati.
Too bad, because Ringdoll has some very nice sculpts. D:

@Pug; Which sculpt did you order from them? :0
And yeah, I guess not a lot of people have bought Mint. Dx Even though Mint and Daisy together are sold out on DoD.
User ImageUser Image

I'd never ever order from Ringdoll even though I like one of their sculpts. From what I've seen others and Pug go through, I'd never want to wait that long for a company that doesn't do such an amazing job with dolls [don't really like their face ups, would probably send them to someone to get it done] AND has crappy customer service.

Mint isn't on the top of my list, but he is cute. Mint and Daisy are sold out because they were only available paired together for a limited amount of time for an event when they first came out about a year ago. Sadly, no one has purchased him, nor can I find anyone who has purchased Hez [a boy who is probably the next DOC i will get after Dustin]. Most of the DOC molds are very unloved. sad It makes me sad. People basically only really often buy either Kirill, Petsha, Too and Beea, or the DOIs/DOTs from Dream of doll. You rarely see people getting DOBs.

My Camine is pink compared to my Kirill but he's from 2009 and the resin is more yellowy [he hasn't yellowed, they just used to have a yellow tone to it]. I like the pink tone more because I think it'll take way longer to yellow, if DOD ever will yellow [I think I've seen a Sha from like, 2004 and he hasn't yellowed much at all yet].

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff