Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fluffy Prophet

I can't tinychat right now, I'm on my non-cameraed computer.

The problem with recasts is, I'm spending tons of hours and a buttload of money to make my own doll, if someone recast it and started selling it out from under me, then they would turn a profit on my expense, probably of around $800. That would totally suck!!!

iymcool's Wife

Quotable Lunatic

Spore XP
Hey guys,
I'm pretty bored and wanting to chat about dolls tonight.
Tinychats please? D;

tinychat.com/gaiabjd
i will be there in like.. 10 minutes.
I'm running my nephew to the mall...

Sparkly Genius

Finlet
I can't tinychat right now, I'm on my non-cameraed computer.

The problem with recasts is, I'm spending tons of hours and a buttload of money to make my own doll, if someone recast it and started selling it out from under me, then they would turn a profit on my expense, probably of around $800. That would totally suck!!!

You can come in and just type chat if you like ^^
I do see your point about that.

Desirable Lunatic

I have mixed feeling for recasts. i don't hate people who have them but i can only understand it in certain cases. like if it's a really hard to find doll (ie: the soom monthly or other limited release dolls- the company isn't losing any money cause they arn't making them any more so it doesn't "hurt" them) or well, my personal excuse, I'm thinking about getting a Leekeworld Art body as a model for clothes since I really don't care for the doll myself and people keep requesting close for that body >.> it doesn't help that leekeworld stole the design for the body but that is a whole nother story. anyway. I have no room to preach against recast since i have replicas of brand lolita dresses in my closet right now.

the only thing that really bothers me is when people choose to get a replica/recast over the original just cause it's cheaper. I mean you get what you pay for. in the end for dolls you have a doll that is made of lesser quality material that you may feel like keeping holed up in your house for fear of other doll owners finding it and disowning or cursing you for it. although that could just be me, i enjoy the social aspect of the doll hobby to much, and I know not everyone goes to monthly meets but even 81z first expectation was that we would react negatively to her owning a recast.

bah, long rant is long >.>

Fluffy Prophet

Yup.. I wouldn't want to make anybody feel bad.

Devout Prophet

๑۩۞۩๑

Hey 81z, welcome!

And ouch, yeah... somehow, the topic of 'recasts' remains a sore subject among bjd owners. I personally have no opinion on them whatsoever. o 3o

I just come here to see pretty dolly pictures.
4laugh

♥

Beloved Lunatic

10,325 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200
i made Elren a dress to match her sisters, their both mourning the death of their mother, still need the other siblings and daddy parts to complete the image, i have the coffin all ready lol

User Image
I completely understand you guys opinions on the whole recast situation, there's a little part of me that does feel they're wrong, but still, I'd only buy recasts in colors that the companies dont offer, hence my gray skinned chibi... I buy them for personal enjoyment, without any intention of selling them on, I guess that kinda makes me a 'recast-goodguy' xD heart
The Sexiest Hobo Around

Thanks! 4laugh

iymcool's Wife

Quotable Lunatic

81z
I completely understand you guys opinions on the whole recast situation, there's a little part of me that does feel they're wrong, but still, I'd only buy recasts in colors that the companies dont offer, hence my gray skinned chibi... I buy them for personal enjoyment, without any intention of selling them on, I guess that kinda makes me a 'recast-goodguy' xD heart

This was actually a topic we had hit not that long ago in the thread, after years of being together and active. >w<
We all have different views and opinions, but we aren't haters. ;3 Everyone is welcome here~

On another note:
REMINDER~
I'm trying to run a Luts GO. I want the event head.
So if anyone needs items form Luts~ Send me a PM.
It'll be a few weeks before I Decide to order, anyways. But I'd like to be prepared

Sparkly Genius

XFateX

On another note:
REMINDER~
I'm trying to run a Luts GO. I want the event head.
So if anyone needs items form Luts~ Send me a PM.
It'll be a few weeks before I Decide to order, anyways. But I'd like to be prepared

BE PREPARED!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

iymcool's Wife

Quotable Lunatic

Omg. Lion king is so my favorite, and Scar is <3. xD
How did you know I'd love the reference ;3

Sparkly Genius

XFateX

Because The Lion King is everyone's favourite movie? Duh!

iymcool's Wife

Quotable Lunatic

Spore XP
XFateX

Because The Lion King is everyone's favourite movie? Duh!

Except for this one girl at my work! She always goes around, saying she haaaates it! D:
@Spore: If you're really serious about selling Max, I'd be interested in adopting him smile He's just too cute in his link outfit heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff