Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Dabbler

6,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
@Courtney - I saved the pictures without having to cough up money, 3 of them ended up corrupted and they were just ones of me. I'm a boring person though... I only got a few pictures of her and they were pretty glare-y from the sun, since it was bright as heck out there. The focus of the trip was me, but if you want, I can send you the link and PW for the album. Might help me pick which of these are good pictures too to have another opinion. It's really hard for me to objectively pick pictures of myself cos it's like "OH LOOK A FAT ROLL", "Hey my lip is doing that thing again, darn it." (I finally figured out the weird lip thing. It's my "beauty mark" mole thing. I noticed that it seems to make my upper lip seem uneven and sneered in each picture, especially on teeth smiles. I have never bothered thinking about the mole before, and now I am angry at its presence.)

Regarding the wig, no it doesn't seem gappy too badly. it's a little better now that I put the second silicone cap on her, actually the Dollmore wig fits better too with it. But maybe it's just the... out of control-ness. Dollmore sent her wearing a wig cap, and then I had one from ordering from LUTs as well so she's wearing both.

Spore XP's Compadre

Advanced Loiterer

@Fin; Oh nooo, I am so so sorry to hear about Klaus! sad Poor guy, I know he had some issues but it seemed like he'd be okay. </3 I'm glad he went peacefully at home though, he deserved to be with you 'til the end. It really is a shock... I remember having such a hard time coming home to an empty house after my dog Shadow passed away. They are truly members of the family.

@Tora; Alexis must have taken her candy to make her mad before... she looks so possessive of that Riesen. xDD (Which are delicious... <3)
And congrats on ordering Sona! :'D I can't wait to see her! I kind of like just Amai on its own for a name. :3

@Courtney; Great set of photos, I love the waterfalls and that beautiful building, what a perfect place for a doll wedding. x3 It's adorable how Amir and Quinn are wearing matching outifts. <3 They're so pretty.

@Phaedra; Yay, glad you decided to come join the discussion! Quinn is so handsome, he and Amir are the perfect couple. x3
You have a Michelle and a Tong Tong just like me! x'D I definitely want to see pics, I go crazy every time I see someone else who has a Michelle. <3 And I'd love to see what you do with your Becca head. :3

@Equidan; Welcome to the thread! Aw man, so awesome that both you and your girlfriend collect, I'm hoping my boyfriend will get a doll once he feels like he can spend the money.
I love your Beyla's faceup, he looks so awesome. I have a Heliot myself. :3
And LeBeau is super adorable, I think that wig really does her justice!

@Hatsya; Yeah, I'm having the issue with notifications too, it's so annoying. xD Rainbow hairrrrr, I wanna see!
OH GOD how did I not know about Kurloz, tonight is catch up on Homestuck night for sure. gonk

@Eludya; I really like that white wig on her, Courtney posted good advice on what to do if it seems a bit big, otherwise maybe it just needs a bit of a trim to suit your taste? :3

Kinedel's Wife

Divine Kitten

Saffron Blehckchah
@Tora; Alexis must have taken her candy to make her mad before... she looks so possessive of that Riesen. xDD (Which are delicious... <3)
And congrats on ordering Sona! :'D I can't wait to see her! I kind of like just Amai on its own for a name. :3

She does, doesn't she? xd I can see why...becasue, yes, they are so good! 4laugh And, thanks! I can't wait to get her home...feels like an eternity away! gonk

Obsessive Cultist

@Saf: Guuurl, I'm so cray cray about Kurloz (& Meulin. She's like .. my spirit animal (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*・゚✧ ) it's not even funny.
I really need to catch up too though. I started re-reading from the beginning a while ago because I feel when I first started, I didn't really understand half of it due to my shitty English back then. Meh.
And tomorrow is face up and rainbow tiemz, I swear @_@ .. At least if the weather feels like letting me spray outside.

@Courtney: Aaah, I just now went back and discovered the wedding album! I can't handle the pretty <3 I think I have a soft spot for dolly weddings in general.
New head's a Migidoll Jina (boy) 3nodding Been wanting him forever.

Timid Lunatic

Egads, I really need to get on Gaia more than once a week <@3@>

King Fatcat

Hatsya
Phae & Equidan: Welcome, guys 3nodding

Courtney Laveau
Equidan- Welcome! biggrin

User Image
User Image
hey! thanks. im still new to the hobby and everything, and the picture i posted wasn't great... but it was the only one of both dolls!

does anyone here have anthro dolls?

User Image

King Fatcat

Saffron Blehckchah
@Equidan; Welcome to the thread! Aw man, so awesome that both you and your girlfriend collect, I'm hoping my boyfriend will get a doll once he feels like he can spend the money.
I love your Beyla's faceup, he looks so awesome. I have a Heliot myself. :3
And LeBeau is super adorable, I think that wig really does her justice!

User Image
User Image
oh thank you! i'm thinking of getting madison's faceup redone since it recently chipped somehow, and i want to go for a more gothic look to him anyways. Mollie doesn't like LeBeau's wig, but I think it's okay. She wants to get her a white one with curls.

im glad mollie got into it too, is it weird for guys to collect these dolls? i guess i only ever hear of girls doing it.

have you seen the new soom dolls, picro + sammi? i REALLY want one but those parts are too expensive...

User Image

Obsessive Cultist

@Equidan: I don't think it's weird for a guy to be in this hobby. Females might make up the biggest part, but it was a boy who helped get me into it tbh, then later I collected together with my last boyfriend, and we have at least one other male collector here in this thread too.
I would have loved to get Picro or Sammi .,. But other dolls interfered (as always cat_whee )

Tipsy Dabbler

6,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Well dang I think I've seen the first thing SOOM did that I actually want.

I want that cat head/mask from IGNIM. Not enough to go "OH GOD I WISH I COULD ORDER THAT" but, y'know, if the opportunity ever arose. I don't care about the rest of it. Really, SOOM is unexciting to me, it seems like they're putting a lot more effort into outfits than sculpts, except on smaller dolls, which are generally of little interest to me.

@Saffron - Yeah, I already know the black wig needs a little trim simply because I dislike the bangs in the eyes thing, I really think the white one needs taming and maybe a little trim there. Fate was suggesting I look to see if it's Heat resistant and maybe I can boil it or use a curling iron or something.

So here's something I rarely see dolls doing:

User Image

Or maybe I'm just not looking in the right place to see dolls with their legs crossed while chillin'.

Okay back to making a wingback chair with my mother o_O aka: the destruction of a shoebox!

Sparkly Genius

Hey Phaedra, Equidan! Nice to meet you both~
Phae, you have quite the doll family! It's great that you and Courtney have each other to share and pair your dolls with.
Equidan, it's so cool that you and your girlfriend collect together! I have been trying to get my boyfriend into dolls but he's still content collecting his PVC figures. Your two are lovely. I have a doll named Madison too, but she usually goes by Maddy (and she's a girl). It's totally not weird for guys to collect dolls at all. I mean, some of the biggest faces on youtube in the hobby are guys!

@Elu - It's hard to tell, I think the wig will be fine if you brush it back a bit from her face. And a faceup can change everything!

ZippedBanette's Significant Otter

Cursed Shapeshifter

26,100 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
I have happy news. My little Cojoo, Alice, will be getting a brother in a couple of weeks (we haven't bought him yet). I even built her a temporary house for when he gets here.
User Image

Shikairu Nara's Partner

Lonely Phantom

16,100 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100
♥♥Come and Join Us♥♥

Photo Contest Thread:
User Image

Swap Thread:
User Image
Tora- Aww! Such sweet names! I don't even know what most of my dolls' names mean, except that Amir means "prince". smile (and I have such an extensive doll list, not sure you guys want me to post it....lol)

Eludya - If you would like for me to help pick out pix, I will! I know what you mean, I HATE pix of me, I look awful in every single one.....but having seen you in person, you do not look bad! razz And I'm actually jealous of the mole, I always wanted a beauty mark. Several of my dolls have moles just because I can't have one. lol

Saffron- Thank you! I was rushing to get the shirts finished at 2am, since I thought we were going on Sunday and my husband decided Saturday was better. but I'm happy with how they turned out!

Hatsya- thank you! Oooh, Jina! Very nice! My sister has a Ryu and Yujin, they're really nice dolls. smile

Equidan- I have an anthro doll....if Doll Chateau Faramita counts!

Liberal Smoker

6,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Thanks for the welcomes, everyone! 4laugh

Name changes... I've had several who's informed me, after I had them named, that I was wrong. So very wrong. lol. Zane, Spencer, Mitchie, Bree... there were others.

Courtney - Yeah, I know you're my stalker. razz

Eludya - Lady Amalthea! YAY! biggrin

Saffron - Thanks! Quinn's my extra-special baby. I love him SO much! He and Amir do look good together. smile So do he and his "first" husband, Hansel (also owned by Courtney).
I'm still working on Jeri (my Becca), she's bald at the moment. lol. But, Mitchie (Michelle) and Dash (Tong Tong) are done. Dash is Jeri's son. smile

Mitchie:
User Image

Dash:
User Image

King Fatcat

Hatsya

@Equidan: I don't think it's weird for a guy to be in this hobby. Females might make up the biggest part, but it was a boy who helped get me into it tbh, then later I collected together with my last boyfriend, and we have at least one other male collector here in this thread too.
I would have loved to get Picro or Sammi .,. But other dolls interfered (as always cat_whee )

Spore XP
Hey Phaedra, Equidan! Nice to meet you both~
Equidan, it's so cool that you and your girlfriend collect together! I have been trying to get my boyfriend into dolls but he's still content collecting his PVC figures. Your two are lovely. I have a doll named Madison too, but she usually goes by Maddy (and she's a girl). It's totally not weird for guys to collect dolls at all. I mean, some of the biggest faces on youtube in the hobby are guys!

Courtney Laveau
Equidan- I have an anthro doll....if Doll Chateau Faramita counts!

User Image
User Image
oh good i was worried i'd be like the only guy?? but i'm glad i'm not!

@hatsya: im thinking of getting a recast of picro, because my gf has a recast and it's really well done. apparently there is a lot of issues in bjd community with recasts, i'm not sure i have a problem with it. it seems to me like getting snooty about someone wearing last seasons designer clothes style made cheap, it just seems irrelevant, if the quality is the same (or in the case of clothes, better).

@spore xp: Madison's name was chosen because he is of ambiguous gender! So he could be girl or boy, depending on his mood. He likes to wear girls clothes at times, mostly because boys clothes are so bland. i keep thinking ill buy him an outfit like i originally planned for him to wear, but i it's so hard to find any pink shorts that can go over his hooves... i'd love to see your madison!

@courtney: omg that doll is so cute!! what a perfect creature, haha. i'd love to see some photos you took of it?

also, how do u all feel about recasts? i've been look for yosd sized centaurs and the only good ones ive found have been by soom... i want to get recast soom sov.

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces