Welcome to Gaia! ::

37,975 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Team Josie 25
  • Super Jumper 500
Shattered Ciel
x-x;; *rolls* God my first weekend as a Scare actress was painful...

I got some good squeaks/ flinches and screams... but I also bashed my knee into the tile floor of our fireplace room... x-x;; Then We had a scare to us actors and it was a strong smell of lighter fluid or propane and we couldn't find the source.. so that was scary for EVERYONE.. x-x

Then I torqued my back making sure I didn't trip.. and a bunch of rude rowdy boys came in tormented all of my loves and punched me in the jaw! D:

x-x;;

So rough..

and I have 14 more days of this WEEEE?! O_O;;; ouch.. ;-;

On a dolly note though the market place needs to MOVE ;-;

I need to sell my Mo

YIkes! I hope you get better.

Back to doll news. I can't wait to get my first USD doll!!! I always wanted a doll in that size since they have tons of cute clothes for them.

Undead Witch

13,950 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Love Machine 150
  • Generous 100
USD? o-o lol you mean YoSD? I don't think I've ever seen USD in my 7 years in the hobby o-o;

Thanks though! I hope to recover quickly.. x-x! The swelling is the worst,

37,975 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Team Josie 25
  • Super Jumper 500
Shattered Ciel
USD? o-o lol you mean YoSD? I don't think I've ever seen USD in my 7 years in the hobby o-o;

Thanks though! I hope to recover quickly.. x-x! The swelling is the worst,

Some call YoSd USD, and tinies BB size. I feel weird using Volks terminology when it comes to referring doll sizes. Put a cold compact on the swelling, it will help bring it down.

Undead Witch

13,950 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Love Machine 150
  • Generous 100
I've been doing cold packs and such I'm unfortunately familiar with injuries like this so I'm well versed in treatment of them x-x;; it's just REALLY bad to the point where it's not helping.

I might have to make an emergency doctor's appointment and get my ankle some x-rays....

Fluffy Prophet

@ Eludya: my eve is smaller than my aidolls, and larger than my notdoll, and larger than a souldoll. It just depends...
@ Ciel: I used to work a haunted house! that's where I met my husband. It's also where I learned monster makeup, sculpting, casting molds and airbrushing. I hope your knee gets better.

Sparkly Genius

@Ciel - That sounds like a crazy job. I think I would be scared myself to do something like that! Good luck with the healing @__@

@Finlet - Aww you met your husband working at a haunted house? That's so interesting!
Man, do larger dolls ever vary a lot in size >__<

At work they are getting rid of some wooden doll-sized chairs and thought of me, so I am going to take them home biggrin . I've been riding my bike so I couldn't take them today but my coworker is driving me back to Niagara for thanksgiving and she is storing them in her car for me. My SDs will finally have something to lounge in - I believe the one chair is an adirondack and the other is a highchair. I am sure I will think of some sort of ridiculous photostory so Spore can sit in it XD
I am glad that my new coworkers don't think I am too much of a weirdo.
Man am I ever going to be in shape soon. Riding my bike a half hour to and from work, then running around with toddlers for 8-9 hour days is ruining me. I caught kid germs already and am suffering a sore throat and clogged sinuses. u__u

Tipsy Dabbler

6,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
@Finlet - ... >_< HOW DOES ANYONE MANAGE TO MAKE MONEY MAKING CLOTHING FOR DOLLS! /nerdrage /helplessflail

.... Sorry had to let that out. Nah, I mean, if all the bodies were the same they'd all be suing each other for copying, so it's understandable. I guess I was basing it on the fact her measurements are a touch smaller than the Volks SD10 girl although I suspect she has a different shaping more like the SD13. Just having a doll to say "This outfit is confirmed fitting this size doll" and having it modeled will open people up to being willing to buy it. I think that's why I haven't sold much from the chainmaille, since even having stuff modeled on Tanaal? Yeah, he's a Domuya flexi, that's kind of an odd one in the doll world. The Dollshe and Latidoll are a bit more average.

@Ciel - Banging knees into things is bad! ... you sound like me at work. I never did show you guys my wonderful scar I got? I still have it. I'm always running into crap, catching on the plastic bag racks, finding new ways to slice myself just moving a plastic bubble packaging. It's a wonder they're letting me have insurance. A warm bath does wonders though, or even just a shower to relax the muscles.

Make wall of text smaller so you don't drown in it if you don't want to... argh... wall of text... nervous ranting.. god I wish it would ship, I swear I might actually calm down then....
Sooooo I think I might have really fallen for another doll. I might even be considering her as a possiblity versus getting an IH Zera for Eludya. It depends if Loongsoul's Zi Xia head would fit on one of their 69cm bodies and not look weird.

... I... pray someone on DoA can help me with this. Because Loongsoul has one very important thing IH doesn't: Environmental Resin. I'm kind of spacing right now, I don't think any of you have dolls that are in Enviro, but let me tell you, it is SMOOTH. It feels wonderful to touch and it looks... somehow, more like flesh, even if it is translucent. It looks -softer-. And most importantly, it seems to take tan coloring more evenly, heck, Loongsoul and IslandDoll don't even put up a warning about marbling like most companies do.

CloakedSchemer, at the meet last week, had an IslandDoll SD guy in their tan enviro resin, and I just can't get the look and feel of that stuff out of my head. And somehow I ended up on MoC and noticed LoongSoul had enviro resin, that they do tan, and then I saw Zi Xia and I absolutely LOVE HER FACE. Eludya just... needs more curves, and thus why I want to know about the larger body's proportion with the head from a 58cm. If it doesn't work, she might end up on my "Definitely" list... but I won't worry about tan then razz

Fluffy Prophet

Eludya
@Finlet - ... >_< HOW DOES ANYONE MANAGE TO MAKE MONEY MAKING CLOTHING FOR DOLLS! /nerdrage /helplessflail

I epic fail at sizing all the time, Even just comparing measurements it doesn't always give you a good idea of shape. I think people buying clothes go through the same frustration.

Sparkly Genius

Eludya

It is frustrating, because I find I can make stuff for my smaller dolls and be pretty safe sizewise as long as I use stretchy material, but the larger dolls just vary so much more! That's why I only sell clothes for Yo-SD and MSD sized dolls. Though I think I am going to stop because I got a complaint from one of my etsy buyers that her shirt fell apart. I do think having dolls of popular companies would definitely help you in the selling/fitting though.
Loongsoul Zixia is super cute. I feel like someone else was considering her or a similar looking sculpt recently?
On the topic of environmental resin, however, I'm going to have to admit I am personally not a fan. I've seen a few Island Dolls in person and I really dislike the look of the enviro resin. To me it makes the doll look waxy.
I do think we have a couple of enviro resin dolls kicking around in our midst though. Tora, is Alexis enviro resin? And Yami, isn't Lucifel?

37,975 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Team Josie 25
  • Super Jumper 500
Yup! I notice there is more and more clothing out there for slim minis or "MSD" range dolls. Hard for me owing JIDs and knowing what MSD range clothes fits, and what SD clothing fits since they can wear both.

Lavish Wench

12,450 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
I feel bad for not posting here more often...!

I wanted to update saying that I sold my B&G Sapphira and a Minimee head I had floating around. The money from the Sapphira sale is being saved to help with a future move, but I think I'll be buying some new clothes for my Soulkid girls with the money from the head sale.

Wish Soulkids were easier to shop for, though! I found an adorable little tee that seemed like it would fit... But it's big in the shoulders. I should be able to pin it for photos.

iymcool's Wife

Quotable Lunatic

Spore XP
Eludya

It is frustrating, because I find I can make stuff for my smaller dolls and be pretty safe sizewise as long as I use stretchy material, but the larger dolls just vary so much more! That's why I only sell clothes for Yo-SD and MSD sized dolls. Though I think I am going to stop because I got a complaint from one of my etsy buyers that her shirt fell apart. I do think having dolls of popular companies would definitely help you in the selling/fitting though.
Loongsoul Zixia is super cute. I feel like someone else was considering her or a similar looking sculpt recently?
On the topic of environmental resin, however, I'm going to have to admit I am personally not a fan. I've seen a few Island Dolls in person and I really dislike the look of the enviro resin. To me it makes the doll look waxy.
I do think we have a couple of enviro resin dolls kicking around in our midst though. Tora, is Alexis enviro resin? And Yami, isn't Lucifel?

Fell apart? But you've never had a problem, and no one else who's received your clothing has either.
Did she put it in the washing machine or something? Considering it's hand sewn, Probably not recommended. Though even hand sewn dolly clothes don't go through that at my house. xD

Undead Witch

13,950 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Love Machine 150
  • Generous 100
@Finlet I so badly wanna try sculpting and casting my own pieces <3.... Makeup I am pretty good with... D: Literally we have a team of 4 makeup artists, and I go in and 2 people were free so I figured they'd help start on me.. NOPE handed me a couple cups of makeup and was like " Do it yourself biggrin ..."

>>;; Which was fine until an hour later when I had an allergic reaction! x-x;; ( Hyper allergic to Wolfe FX makeup... I looked like a beesting-face even after I wiped it off and took some benadryl... )

Mehron~!!! I will never abandon thee again!

Thank god I do makeup for fun though, I can make myself into a Bronze Statue every night! XD <3... I suppose it's easier on the team too.

ooh! and Kaytte Kit's bloodied BBB Espree works perfectly in one of our haunt rooms!

@Spore You'd probably enjoy it though! It's a thrill getting to scare people!!! My crew has really become dear to me and I love them all to pieces! >w< I don't even remember all of them by name yet too! o-o

Healing is being a pain atm.. back is better but oh lordy my knee and ankle are keeping me awake from pain...

@Eludya Meep! XD Yeah we sound about the same D: I dunno though You like to trip on nothing but air like me too right? ;P!!! It's terrible though I am so klutzy..

on the subject you brought up in the tinier font though, I'm not sure I've actually ever held a dolly in Environmental/French Resin before.

To the subject of dolly clothing: Yes there tends to be a lot of Slim mini clothing around, but not a lot of normal msd clothing of similar styles. I notice when I look for my boys I can find some pretty mature sets and suits/fancier things for my MNF and slims, but when I look for regular MSD sometimes I notice they get very little kid-ish..

ANYWAY... wall of text from me o-o.. whoops
Eludya

CloakedSchemer, at the meet last week, had an IslandDoll SD guy in their tan enviro resin, and I just can't get the look and feel of that stuff out of my head.

^^Hey, that's me! LOL and I just joined here today. razz

And this is the doll:

User Image

his name is Kaid (Ky-EED) and he's a tan IslandDoll Eric. smile

I LOVE enviro resin. It's smooth, no seams, even being tan, he has no marbling or uneven spots. The resin has a bit of a "glow" to it, which just makes it feel more lifelike to me. I have several enviro dolls, including a RingDoll Shao, Ringdoll Valo/IslandDoll hybrid, IslandDoll Kevin/IMPLdoll hybrid, BlueBloodDoll Waltz/Ringdoll hybrid, and BlueBlood Dolls Valentine, Draven and Silver. And a chocolate skin Jie doll Michel, who is DARK, but also has no marbling or discoloration. None of these dolls have seams or sand marks either. If I could have every doll in enviro resin, I totally would!

Tipsy Dabbler

6,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Courtney Laveau

Hey you! Welcome to the super-thread! Didja join Dairyland too?

Edit: I feel a little guilty, I sent Dollmore a message asking them when they thought it would ship since I figure it'll take about a week to get here, and I do kinda wanna make sure it's not going to get delivered on a Wednesday or Thursday. Mum's out at the Family History center then, so if I have to work, no one's home. Even though no one from the street can see our front door (Courtney knows what I'm talking about since she's been to my house now) I'm still not real comfortable with that idea, especially since it's not just my stuff in the boxes.

Man replying from work I manage to forget half of what I mean to say.

Shattered Ciel
YES OH MY GOD AIR IS SUCH A BULLY. >_< It's not that I'm clumsy, it's just that the floor hates me, tables and chairs are bullies and the wall gets in my way.

@Environmental Resin Discussion: I'm kind of wondering if it's Island Dolls' enviro resin that's awesome or if all of it will be, 'cos I've seen a few people say Loongsoul's isn't as smooth. I really wish the other person who'd messaged me for my address for the meetup had come since she had a Loongsoul Michelle (Another sculpt I really like... but I like ZiXia better...) and I wanted to see the body and ... well... molest the resin I guess o_O;;

@Dolly clothing Discussion: I know when I've looked for clothing I find a lot of stuff that's modeled mostly by Elfdoll SD girls, which have similar measurements to the Dollmore Youth Eve, but then again so does Volks SD10, it's just usually a centimeter bigger or something. I might have to design a lot of outfits that can be closed by lacing so it's adjustable... but then again that's how Mum made my wedding dress. Man I'm glad we found the pattern for that! Such a classic pattern.

I also kind of can't wait to get my custom head and see if it will fit in proportion for a Dragondoll Uncle body. I'm sort of sad 'cos someone's selling one on the BJD Addicts FB community right now, and it's even in their Normal Yellow skintone which I think will match the head well... bbuuuuuut I really don't have the money and I don't wanna buy before I get to hold the head in my hand and say "Holy poop! No no this really won't fit on a 65cm body." But I see a lot of people complaining that it can be hard to get clothing for them. I mean, I guess I've successfully made two (half) outfits for dolls I didn't have any access to, and I have a pair of pants for Abenstern's BBB msd boy waiting until I get to see her again (I'm not hemming them until he tries them on!) ... so we'll see if my first venture(s) into A) Pants and B) my own pattern work out well.

@Lilac Wood - Yay for sales! Yay for trying to post! Boo clothing not fitting! >_< Hmm Soulkids... Must see if I can get measurements like on Oneesan's sewing chart.

@Cress - There's still plenty out for non-slim MSDs, too... but I think the JIDs are sort of in their own ballpark. Maybe with more 46cm MSDs coming out that could help, like Impl's.. I sorta kind of want one of those. Well, technically I want the deer girl. >_> Not helpful for pants. I guess I could get the human legs too.

@Spore - Hmm, I haven't noticed a waxy look. I think I might know what you're talking about though, it might be the same thing that gives me the opinion it looks more like flesh. That's personal opinion of course ^_^ No two brains work alike and if they did it would be boring.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff