Welcome to Gaia! ::

Spore XP's Compadre

Advanced Loiterer

@Eludya; I almost forgot to comment; WOW, 90cm DZ, that's crazy. xD I would be completely overwhelmed by that. I agree that 70cm is my limit.

@Sherlock; D'aww, Pip is just sooo cute! Makes me want an Elfkin. x3

iymcool's Wife

Quotable Lunatic

I... have been on my feet since 10 this morning. [shopping.]
Been painting since..12:30-1.
13 hours later.... still going! Not sure if it will be finished, but we're giving it our all!

Smitten Duck

Saffron Blehckchah
@Ciel; Oh yeah, I forgot about the multi-heads... but then again in the pictures I see, they end up looking too little for the body. xD To me the multi-heads end up being the worst of both worlds for the Pukis. At least Pukipukis are proportionate, I think I will be happy if I do get one. :3

@Cressida; Yeah, I can see where they'd just be too small for some people. Have you ever found any 20cm dolls that you like?

@Fate; That is not good. xDD

@Yuki; Ah yes, I do hope you can get your Chocopuki one day! x3 I had almost forgotten that you've wanted one for a long time. xD But Kiki has turned out so pretty, it's a good thing you got her. :3
ive wanted one since I first learned about BJDs.
Im glad I got her too ^^ a pukifee Luna was actually the first BJD I saw, dressed like Alice in the full package... I was like that is so pretty, is it a doll, Lol. then I couldnt stop looking at dolls lol

iymcool's Wife

Quotable Lunatic

Took a power nap! I'm doubting our ability to finish at this point, but trying to do 'base' paints on what's left so it looks like they have something at least~

.....I went to 'bed' at five, for a power nap. Woke up at 7. Made a tims run. [coffee shop to those who live not near the border/in canada land~]

Popping on before runnnnin' offfff~

Desirable Genius

@ Fate
Damn, you're so busy @w@ *hugs*
Good luck!!
(I would just fall down to the floor and not be able to move if I did that XD)

I grew to like PukiFée's and PukiPuki's a lot XD At first I thought they would be too small for me, until I saw some dolls of a size alike in the store of ThinkPink >v< I kinda love the CrobiDoll T-Line too >/////< ... Coffee~.. *u*
I ordered some stuff from MonstroDesigns @.@.. and charms and buttons from some other store. Partly will be used for myself and for a friend, and the buttons are for doll hats and clothes. I was inspired by the hat Bishie's Phineas was wearing, and I found the store of it on Etsy >v< Thought I could make something alike for my dolls instead of buying it.
And I tried to make a shirt for Asaro which fails gonk (even though he's wearing it) it fits around the armpits rather funny.. Maybe if I make a sleeveless vest like planned, it won't be that obvious? e_e I wish it wouldn't be so hot here (30 degrees Celcius), it's so annoying to sew stuff then XD I can't stand the heat.
Anyway!! Enough brabbling <.<
How is everyone doing? biggrin

Tipsy Dabbler

6,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
@Fate - Tim Hortons? They have 'em in Ohio, they do pretty chicken noodle soup too. Good luck with the painting!

So there I was at work last night, excitedly contemplating how I'd finish up my swap gift today (I think I should still have time...) And as I drive home, about a mile out from work (I live about 10 miles away from work) my car suddenly won't accelerate over 15mph. What. I get to a parking lot, switch off my A/C so I can call dad without noise... realize the car just started making a different noise, and test: It accelerates and shifts gears just fine. Turn the blower system back on, it won't again.

Needless to say, I was worked up to a frothing rage by the time I got home last night from having to drive with the windows open in freakin' 90% humidity with it raining just so I didn't suffocate, since I couldn't even run the blowers WITHOUT the A/C. My car's in the shop and if I'm lucky they'll get to it on Monday, if I'm not lucky it'll be Thursday before they can even look at it. And if I'm really unlucky, they're going to turn around and tell me my electrical system's kaput. I'm hoping for a loose wire or blown fuse at this point.

Still, I shall set aside a chunk of this week's paycheck for Biwol nonetheless, as I always have. I can't wait, and apparently I totally have to take her into work a couple times once I get her so the ladies I work with can see her, they've all seen my swap gift and think it's awesome and a few of them saw the company pics of Biwol and thought she was gorgeous.

@Puki discussion - ... I'm torn, because on one hand I'm terrified of the tiny size of Pukipukis, and on the other hand they're just SO FREAKING CUTE. Maybe if I ever start carrying a purse around, I'll get a Purse Monkey. Yes, that's probably what I would name it too. I'm not sure how I feel about most smaller dolls, but I think I'd want one of Impl's 26cm dolls, because Harley's got those adorable little stump feet and I'm a sucker for plant stuff.

Beloved Lunatic

10,325 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200
Eludya

*x* I want one 90cm to have sitting on my bookshelf lol

Tipsy Dabbler

6,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Fearmyboxers
Eludya

*x* I want one 90cm to have sitting on my bookshelf lol

I hope you've got one heck of a bookshelf because he was HEAVY, and he'd need a pretty deep spot to sit too.

Smitten Duck

A 90cm doll!!! O.O
That must be huge!! and Im nervous a 25cm doll will be too big

Beloved Lunatic

10,325 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200
well how i plan on having is only 1 90cm and AOD is a good price if bought on happy house,the only 80cm i know about is the dollmore one and shes to expensive, and a couple 70cm dolls lol

basicly i want at least one of each large size all the way down to the smallest size and from every company i think has cute dolls o.o this ofcorse will take me a few years since I've calculated that I will only have enough money for 1-3 dolls a year depending on what I put aside for my dog,games, and convention money lol

I looked up that its also hard to find the 90cm clothes, so i'd need premature baby clothes,wigs, and shoes o.o my bookshelf is sturdy and he'd be on the very top of it lol

Sparkly Genius

@Saf - Aww, puki party~ Annette looks gorgeous! Put Rosa in the dress from me <3 and join the shoe GO.
@Elu - Ho crap, those are some huge dolls! Must be a pain to lug around. Darn sucks about your car. What a weird thing to happen. It's cute your co-workers want to see your doll! I took Max to work once to show one of my coworkers and the security guy who checks our bags at the end of the night was totally weirded out when I opened up my purse and there was just a doll laying in there.
@Miss Sherlock - Pip looks happy to have a photoshoot. smile
@Fate - Aww you went to Timmies. How positively Canadian of you! XD I would not have the stamina.
@Neo - I laughed at your comment about just falling on the floor XD It is hot out eveywhere... I just stay inside. Except I am going to the cottage tomorrow, where there is pretty much only outside... so we will see how I do! (I will probably become unconscious).
@FMB - When you say premature baby clothes for a 90cm doll, that freaks me out! haha Sooo biggg.

So yeah, like I said up there, tomorrow I leave for the cottage for a week. I will still have internet up there, I just need to sit awkwardly on a bench near the camp owner's house to get access. I will be online pretty much every day since I am still taking an online course and I need to do stuff for it everyday... x__x
I ended up packing up Maddy and Max to come with me to the cottage. I know I swore I would bring Nora but my little ones fit nicer in a box and I couldn't bring myself to leave Maddy. Sorry Nora!

Tipsy Dabbler

6,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
@Yuki - He was enormous. CloakedSchemer from DoA picked him up and was carrying him like a toddler, she said "Yep, he's basically a small child that doesn't wiggle as much." And I think she's got one 70cm too.

@Fearmy - I prefer the look of the Lusion (Sort of) to the way this AoD was. He was just too... stocky and chubby, with a mature looking face, and it really threw the effects off. That next one over is a Mecha Angel, and she's about 78cm tall. It's something that really threw into perspective for me just how large the head I'm ordering might turn out to be, since they said "Oh yeah it's made for a SOOM Super Gem body but it can fit on Dollshe Hounds or Mecha Angels..." ... That last one made me go "What?!"
I hear that's one nice think about the Lusion's from Dollmore, you can easily get clothing from kids stores for her, and she's easy to sew for too.

@Spore - I was honestly afraid to go hold it. The Dragondoll Uncle at the first meet was plenty big for me, yep. I'm really worried about my car, something about how the mechanic didn't even seem to have an idea what could be wrong worries me... It just makes this awful sound.

But yeah all my co-workers have been following what I'm doing on the project (Partly cos I turned and asked them, "Hey, are you supposed to pin a pattern in place while you're cutting it? Is that supposed to make it easier?" ... I'm kinda dumb sometimes.) A couple of them said "Oh dolls freak me out" but when I showed them pics from the last meetup the one gal said "Okay, those aren't scary, those are kinda cool." (This is the gal who's going to be in a horror movie, so I'm not sure the whole "Depends if someone's doing a zombie doll mod" answer to "are they creepy?" really bothered her, or if she's like me and doesn't much like child dolls/traditional porcelain dolls.)

Smitten Duck

Eludya
@Yuki - He was enormous. CloakedSchemer from DoA picked him up and was carrying him like a toddler, she said "Yep, he's basically a small child that doesn't wiggle as much." And I think she's got one 70cm too.

@Fearmy - I prefer the look of the Lusion (Sort of) to the way this AoD was. He was just too... stocky and chubby, with a mature looking face, and it really threw the effects off. That next one over is a Mecha Angel, and she's about 78cm tall. It's something that really threw into perspective for me just how large the head I'm ordering might turn out to be, since they said "Oh yeah it's made for a SOOM Super Gem body but it can fit on Dollshe Hounds or Mecha Angels..." ... That last one made me go "What?!"
I hear that's one nice think about the Lusion's from Dollmore, you can easily get clothing from kids stores for her, and she's easy to sew for too.

@Spore - I was honestly afraid to go hold it. The Dragondoll Uncle at the first meet was plenty big for me, yep. I'm really worried about my car, something about how the mechanic didn't even seem to have an idea what could be wrong worries me... It just makes this awful sound.

But yeah all my co-workers have been following what I'm doing on the project (Partly cos I turned and asked them, "Hey, are you supposed to pin a pattern in place while you're cutting it? Is that supposed to make it easier?" ... I'm kinda dumb sometimes.) A couple of them said "Oh dolls freak me out" but when I showed them pics from the last meetup the one gal said "Okay, those aren't scary, those are kinda cool." (This is the gal who's going to be in a horror movie, so I'm not sure the whole "Depends if someone's doing a zombie doll mod" answer to "are they creepy?" really bothered her, or if she's like me and doesn't much like child dolls/traditionael porcelain dolls.)
wow that is huge! i will definitely stick to tinies!!

Shikairu Nara's Partner

Lonely Phantom

16,100 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100
For those of you talking abuot 90CM dolls this is my Freind KIKI who is 5'4"ish next to a 90CM doll... and please keep in mind she is wearing heals.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2591/5834829529_4bfb527996_z.jpg

Sparkly Genius

Yami_No_Requiem
For those of you talking abuot 90CM dolls this is my Freind KIKI who is 5'4"ish next to a 90CM doll... and please keep in mind she is wearing heals.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2591/5834829529_4bfb527996_z.jpg

That is too much doll for me @__@ so tall

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas