Welcome to Gaia! ::

Desirable Lunatic

Lady Cressida
Question for those who hybrid dolls before. Is it worth the money to hybrid a doll? How would you determine where the doll belongs in company discussion wise? And what is the difference between hybriding and keeping the dolls original body?
it can be cheaper actually to hybrid a doll,my Reijin is a DikaDoll Rena. I hate the DikaDoll body, the 3 part torso is a pain! So I did some research and found a ResinSoul body that is a near perfect match and being a doll i have had before i knew i would be much happier with it. If i had originally planed on makeing her a hybrid I would have spent about $150 (Head $50 , Body $80-$100) as opposed to the close to $300 I spent on her originally. Usually I place the doll in to which ever company discussion the head is since that is how sculpts are distinguished, but it doen't hurt to drop in to both threads to get info about each part ^.^

My other 2 are hybrid scuplts but all parts from the same company so that is a bit diffrent XD

Sparkly Genius

@Yuki - So cute~ Poor Kiki needs shirts though XD

@FMB - Congrats, I hope he makes it in time!

@Fizz - Only you can decide!

Maddy was upset that I gave her newest dress to Rosa when Saf last came over, so I made her a new one. What a pouty little girl. Of course she gets what she wants.
User Image

Beloved Noob

4,750 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Timid 100
  • Full closet 200
Spore XP

Maddy was upset that I gave her newest dress to Rosa when Saf last came over, so I made her a new one. What a pouty little girl. Of course she gets what she wants.
User Image
now i'm thinking of yoda sweatdrop

Smitten Duck

Spore XP

User Image
How did you make that dress? Its so cute!

I know poor Kiki has no shirts!

Sparkly Genius

Yuki-Saurus

It was so super easy! Like 3 steps. I cut a piece of fabric that went all the way around the torso, then another longer piece for the skirt part that was double the length. Sewed them together, fastened with velcro, added ribbon straps, the end!
I am going to make another one right now if you want me to make a little tutorial. You can probably figure it out without me doing that though!

Smitten Duck

Spore XP
Yuki-Saurus

It was so super easy! Like 3 steps. I cut a piece of fabric that went all the way around the torso, then another longer piece for the skirt part that was double the length. Sewed them together, fastened with velcro, added ribbon straps, the end!
I am going to make another one right now if you want me to make a little tutorial. You can probably figure it out without me doing that though!
it seems so easy and it turned out so cute! I have so much really cute fabric but I didnt know what to do with it. I might try to make some dresses 4laugh

Sparkly Genius

Yuki-Saurus
Spore XP
Yuki-Saurus

it seems so easy and it turned out so cute! I have so much really cute fabric but I didnt know what to do with it. I might try to make some dresses 4laugh

Go for it! =D If you want to come into tinychat I will cam while I work on the dress.
tinychat.com/gaiabjd

(that goes for anyone, I like company when I sew~)

iymcool's Wife

Quotable Lunatic

Spore XP
Yuki-Saurus
Spore XP
Yuki-Saurus

Go for it! =D If you want to come into tinychat I will cam while I work on the dress.
tinychat.com/gaiabjd

(that goes for anyone, I like company when I sew~)

I wish I could join while I paint. xD But too distracting.

I havent' been here or talked to you guys in daaaaays x.x; Since. .Saturday I think! ;-; We're almost at the end though!

Sparkly Genius

XFateX

I wish I could join while I paint. xD But too distracting.

I havent' been here or talked to you guys in daaaaays x.x; Since. .Saturday I think! ;-; We're almost at the end though!

Come back to me, my Fatey~

Beloved Noob

4,750 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Timid 100
  • Full closet 200
eeep i'm goning to get shine haven't ordered hime yet last time i ordered something late at night i got the wrong wig but yay gonna get a new doll rofl

Undead Witch

13,950 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Love Machine 150
  • Generous 100
So... I caved, and I ordered a SOOM Wave, the new LE Elf tiny.
I bought her Blank with extra human lower legs.. not sure that I'll be using her Mermaid bottom much.

x-x;; she was 430$ blank... ( woulda been almost 700 for a fullset!! )

I've named her " Attel" and She'll have blue hair >w<

Lavish Wench

12,450 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
Hello! Please call me: Anything, really!
About you: I'm pretty normal, devastatingly so. I'm an amiable sort of person who dabbles in many hobbies but keeps coming back to dolls.
How you got into the hobby: The internet got me into it.
Your dolls: Peregrine, a B&G Sapphira. Rook, a K-Doll Karon hybrid, Ruin a Souldoll Soulkid Ruan girl. There's also Rail, my boyfriend's Souldoll Soulkid Apple.
Favourite aspect of the hobby: I like making things for my dolls! I also love photgraphing them but my camera is... Terrible. I'm saving up for a DSLR, however.

User Image
I make cakes!

User Image
Ruin (Soulkid Ruan girl) in an ill-fitting Iplehouse shirt.

Undead Witch

13,950 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Love Machine 150
  • Generous 100
Lilac Wood

Welcome!

<3 Those lil cakes certainly look delicious! heart heart heart
@Hobo
Hey how's it goin! : D WB! (From lurking? Erheheh)
Ray's gorgeous, you should spam her more.

@Fizzflower
Hey, I did that too! Sleepily ordered the wrong size wig. Lol. Congrats on your new dolly purchase, yay <3

@Ciel
Whoa!! Awesome. The wait begins : D

@Lilac
Hello! Welcome. Ruin's pretty and has a neat name! That cake looks great btw, I think they're hard to make! Do you do other minatures? 4laugh

So...this isn't my picture, but I thought it was absolutely adorable.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Happy birthday Mommy by ☆ abby_otter ☆, on Flickr
Dalsoos/anthros in general are slowly carving a place into my heart. gonk

Lavish Wench

12,450 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
Shattered Ciel

Thank you! Happy to be here!

bishiecake

@Lilac
Hello! Welcome. Ruin's pretty and has a neat name! That cake looks great btw, I think they're hard to make! Do you do other minatures? 4laugh

Thanks! I was stuck for the longest time on what to name her, but Ruin just seemed to fit. She's not exactly a finished doll... I've had a hard time finding clothes to fit the new Soulkid girl body and I've having a hard time with deciding who to commission. T_____T

I do make other miniatures! They're not hard, per say... More tedious than anything. It's taken me a lot of tinkering, honestly a few years on and off, to get to a point where I'm happy with them. Tutorials help!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff