Welcome to Gaia! ::

Smitten Duck

Spore XP
Yuki-Saurus
Im trying to make some clothes for my realpuki so she has some clothes when she gets here, and its too small for the sewing machine, so i wanted to hand stitch it, what type of stitch would I use for this?

I use a running stitch for everything sweatdrop

@bishie - Thanks! It's from monstrodesigns, exactly the coloir I wanted for him ^^
I was at first, but my stitches werent very tight and you could see the stitches when I flipped inside in. sweatdrop

Tipsy Dabbler

6,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
@Yuki - With what I just made, I did running stitch, then doubled back to fill in the gaps the other way which worked really well to tighten up the stitching. My sister also advised me to go along and sew the excess seam allowance down (like the seams on Blue Jeans) which gives it a little cleaner, more professional look. I'd take a picture and show you but seeing as it's for the swap, yeah, nope.

Devout Prophet

๑۩۞۩๑

-shuffles by-

It's so hot.... ugh, it's 30 degrees Celcius over here. ; -- ;

Yet Ray decided to wear a warm hat. Bloody insane.

User Image

How're all of you holding up? I've been lurking, but not posting for a long time so... this might be easier. redface

Sparkly Genius

Ray is gorgeous, I love how visible her freckles are in that image. She does need to take that hat off though! XD Glad to see you posting again~

Smitten Duck

Eludya
@Yuki - With what I just made, I did running stitch, then doubled back to fill in the gaps the other way which worked really well to tighten up the stitching. My sister also advised me to go along and sew the excess seam allowance down (like the seams on Blue Jeans) which gives it a little cleaner, more professional look. I'd take a picture and show you but seeing as it's for the swap, yeah, nope.
I think I will try that 3nodding Thank you!

Smitten Duck

Dr Mystic Blue
*stalks*
Hi Mystic 4laugh You stalked me xp

Fashionable Lover

8,700 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
Yuki-Saurus
Eludya

You also could try whip stitching it.

Smitten Duck

Miss Shelock Holmes
Yuki-Saurus
Eludya

You also could try whip stitching it.
thank you I will try that too! Anything to make my stitches look tighter
Yuki-Saurus
Dr Mystic Blue
*stalks*
I did. I was freaking out. That guy texted me this morning...nothing serious...just asking me how I was along with a mini comic about sushi and I just freaked out...I wasn't sure if to respond to him or what...my friend texted me back saying I should just respond "Better than the past two days. I wasn't planning to talk to you until I got back from Florida"...all my gathered strength from the past day just seems to be slipping away D:

oh...and these dolls are really cool! Along with the outfits...I wish I had one!

Fluffy Prophet

The Sexiest Hobo Around
๑۩۞۩๑

-shuffles by-

It's so hot.... ugh, it's 30 degrees Celcius over here. ; -- ;

Yet Ray decided to wear a warm hat. Bloody insane.

User Image

How're all of you holding up? I've been lurking, but not posting for a long time so... this might be easier. redface

She's so cute! Atleast her dress is summery.
Umm.. that's not hot. We had 3 days of 109F (thats 42.7 C) in a row.
@ Yuki: I favor whip stitches, they hold seams well on the inside of the garment

Smitten Duck

Dr Mystic Blue
Yuki-Saurus
Dr Mystic Blue
*stalks*
I did. I was freaking out. That guy texted me this morning...nothing serious...just asking me how I was along with a mini comic about sushi and I just freaked out...I wasn't sure if to respond to him or what...my friend texted me back saying I should just respond "Better than the past two days. I wasn't planning to talk to you until I got back from Florida"...all my gathered strength from the past day just seems to be slipping away D:

oh...and these dolls are really cool! Along with the outfits...I wish I had one!
Ah I didnt realize you liked this guy so much cry

You should get one! Its such a fun hobby!

Smitten Duck

@Finlet: Since more people are recommending the whip stitch, thats what im gonna try ^^ I hope it turns out!

Undead Witch

13,950 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Love Machine 150
  • Generous 100
Lady Cressida
Shattered Ciel
User Image

This is what my lil Jiajia looks like.. gonk

CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!! You need to post more of her.

I would, but I am trying to sell her, I took the picture for
Taruun
Yuki-Saurus
Dr Mystic Blue
Yuki-Saurus
Dr Mystic Blue
*stalks*

Ah I didnt realize you liked this guy so much cry

You should get one! Its such a fun hobby!
Neither did I...I really did...but he's just so passive. He thinks people can move on so fast...I don't know what's wrong with him. He just keeps in contact with all his exes and s**t even though he knows some of them still have feelings for him and I'm just like...you need to give me time and space to get over you and you should do the same for them...it's not being mean it's just giving us time to move on...cause he told me that even though we can't be together in that way he still cares for me....and I just told him that I care and want to care about him too...but just as a friend...and I need time to get there...I need to move on so that when he does get a girlfriend or something I won't be jealous and I can just truly be his friend.

But it's so expensive sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces