Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Dabbler

6,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Hey guys, how are Luts' wigs? I guess I'm still hesitant to jump into trying to make my own wigs, so I noticed there was a Luts GO open right now, decided to look at their wigs... Lo and Behold, they actually have one I think might work for a "Lady Amalthea" costume!

What do you guys think? http://www.eluts.com/shop/step1.php?number=3081
(Those of you that know the Last Unicorn... those that don't, Reference Picture )

The only thing that worries me, is that despite it being modeled by a doll that's got the same size head as the Dollmore Youth Eve, it's saying it's a 9-10 wig, but I'm wondering if they just haven't got it sorted very well? Nevermind, when I looked at Dollmore's site, she basically has exactly a 9-inch circumference head, so if it's a tidbit loose, rubberbands or a silicone wig cap could fix that.

I'm also totally open to suggestions, including "Elu, settle down, you're still not gonna have the doll for like four months."

Sparkly Genius

@Fin - That corset is beautiful. I love the cage part!

@Elu - I have a few Luts wigs and overall I like them! The wig cap sort of shows through on the forhead part if I don't style them a certain way though for a couple of the shorter fibre ones I have. The one you posted will definitelt be fine though because of the sweeping bangs. The mohair Luts wig I own is divine! Soooo soft.

iymcool's Wife

Quotable Lunatic

I would like to point out that luts wigs definitely hold to the 10 in rule more then the 9. Kais head is a bit smaller then Rens, so wigs are always a little loser on him.
I do need to get silicone wig caps for all of my boys, definitely x.x;

Fluffy Prophet

... and my Youth eve's head is 8".
I can even squeeze her into some 7/8 wigs.
I have stitched elastic into some of her 8-9 wigs to make them fit her properly

Ishtear's Wife

Angelic Gatekeeper

17,375 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Magical Girl 50
You guys are awesome!!

Finlet - I love Heidi. Her body is so cute, and that corset is amazing! The colors are lovely.

Roslyn - Oh a Pong Pong..I must have missed that you had ordered him. I mean..I knew you were awaiting Malaren but I didn't realize he would be a Pong Pong. Malaren and Rinnie are so cute together. Congrats!!

Lady - I like Boris as well but Daniel is what I've been longing for...That's not creepy at all right? I might get a Boris in the future..we shall see. I also want to get the lingerie for Soa. When I order Daniel I think I'm going to order a few things for Soa. I want those leggings..and a few other things for her.

Spore - I agree he is perfect! I think that's why I couldn't decide between Kyle and Colin they both had something the other needed and somehow Daniel ended up with whatever it was that I was looking for.

Zoey - I'm not sure about hybrids myself.

Fate - I enjoying cleaning it's sort of a mindless task that lets my mind free itself from worries. and yes...More pictures of Kai...hehe I really like him. Ren and Kouji are great too but Kai pulls me in.

Elyuda - I think that's a pretty good wig for Lady Amalthea. I don't think it ever hurts to acquire things for your doll before you get her. She will be coming home to all kinds of things. I had clothes and stuff for Soa before I ordered her.

37,975 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Team Josie 25
  • Super Jumper 500
Stokiaci

Lady - I like Boris as well but Daniel is what I've been longing for...That's not creepy at all right? I might get a Boris in the future..we shall see. I also want to get the lingerie for Soa. When I order Daniel I think I'm going to order a few things for Soa. I want those leggings..and a few other things for her.

Nope. I have been waiting for 2 years that one day Iple will release Asian looking JID boys for my I. Daniel is the candidate (he reminds me of a K-Pop singer) but I am having a hard time if I want him in peach or real skin like Yun.

Rainbow Seeker

7,350 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
I think I've come to a conclusion. Dolls are like My little pony. There is always one out there that you absolutely love and must have lol. razz But I will not get another doll... Right now. Maybe after I sell all my ponies. LOL
Oh and on my last post I said 26cm head when I meant was looking for a 26 cm body for the Doll-zone Star head lol. @_@ Watch me confuse myself with this late of night.

I guess I'll continue to look on DOA, its just kind of a pain searching and sometime the words I put in brings up so many different things.

Finlet: I really like the poofiness of the corset. She just looks too adorable <3

Desirable Genius

XFateX
Sherard is very nice. >w< He was actually molded off of one of the Luts workers too, which I think is hilarious. Haha.

Handsome worker, haha XD

@ Eludya
I love LUTS wigs *u*
With a wig cap, I'm sure they'll fit fine ^^

Sparkly Genius

9,900 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Conversationalist 100
*pops into thread* not dead!

@ finlet - I like the poofy! Almost reminds me of a ballerina of sorts? either way its very pretty!

@ Eludya - I was actually eyeing the same wig the other day, I love Luts milk color its so soft! However idk about anyone elese on this but I've noticed their wigs run a little big? Maybe its just me but the one I got for my girl was lumpy gonk but it was the 'right' size. Ha maybe mine was defective XD. Elastic only made it worse, idk maybe that's just how Iplehouse does their heads fudunkidy?? Last unicorn = EPIC!

@

Sparkly Genius

@Lost - I was about to agree with you that luts wigs run a little big, as the ones I tried from Fate when we met up were all slidey, but the free one I got for my MSD (7-8" wink is perfect, maybe even a little tight, and I often put it on my doll with a 6-7" head!
So I have a feeling they are just all over the place XD

Fluffy Prophet

@ Lost: I was going for highwire costume, thanks!

I put Eithne's body up for sale, not 100% sure about it, eek! I'm nervous.
I think that white wig is awesome, and would definitely work for Almathea(?)

Love the little golden corset too <3

I might actually have time between now and next Tuesday to relax and maybe go outside and take a few dollie pictures. I just finished my final paper for my first healthcare class, and no more schoolwork to do until my new class starts on Tuesday~! I take online classes through Ashford University, and while I was kinda hesitant to take online classes, I'm surprised that I'm doing well with them. I've made Dean's List a good 5-6 times since starting back in September 2010.

Tipsy Dabbler

6,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
@Luts Wig discussion - Okay, so it's going to make me angry then that they don't have the wig in an 8/9 because Biwol's head circumference is listed as 22.7cm ... which I think it's 2.5cm per inch, comes out to like, 9.05inches or something. I don't know if I want to take the gamble on bagginess or anything... The doll it's pictured on is like, 8.5inches on her head but the wig is still listed under the 9-10 listings... On the other hand they don't have a separate 8-9 listing under their heat resistant wigs?

Would it still be worth trying, ya think? I figure I might still be able to sell it later, and like I said, there's always trying a silicone wig cap or do what my sister does with Thotep, which is wrap rubber bands around his head. Despite the fact that visually he can wear just about any wig she puts on him, he has a tendency to throw them off.

Edit: thanks also for the support on saying it looks good for Lady Amalthea. Half the wigs I see don't have bangs, and the ones that do are usually so dead straight... This has the right kind of bangs with just a bit of curly to it, yanno? I thought I might be nuts, though.

I just joined the GO, I figured I'll go for it, ordered a wig cap and a net for the wig too, since I won't have the doll right away the net will help keep it nice, yes? Looks like I might be lucky since the wigs are marked with a 30% off thing, so nice wig for a reasonable price!

Holy crap I just noticed it's got 20 wig nets in a pack.... I might have to send her another message and tell her not to do the nets, I don't need 20 wig nets O_O

@Finlet - You put her body up? Did you have another one picked out? Also, I liked the corset and I think the gold poofy looks good although maybe it could be a little shorter for the right look.

Ishtear's Wife

Angelic Gatekeeper

17,375 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Magical Girl 50
So I was a bit brave today and finally repositioned Soa's eyes. I've been meaning to do it for awhile but was a bit scared because I thought would come out crooked or something..but it was easier than anticipated. She no longer has that deer caught in headlight look. I think she's even more beautiful..and a bit mysterious looking now. I took some pictures and will post my favorites later.

Soa demands that I bring home Taesun before Minah. She doesn't want her bratty sister around. I'm thinking of giving in to her demands, simply because in their storyline she actually meets Taesun before her half sister comes to live with her. So..I have some thinking to do. Ordering Taesun first will be more expensive because I plan to order him some outfits and some stuff for Soa as well. With Minah..I'm only ordering her, a wig and some shoes..I plan to sew all of her clothing. Decisions..decisions..

Lady - He does seem like a Kpop star!! When I look at him a few actually come to mind. He has Mir's lips!! And he resembles Minhyun from Nu'est. I'm so happy with him. He's perfect. I'm having trouble deciding between peachgold and realskin as well. Either way he'll be completely different from Soa who is NS. I love faceup b..but c is awesome as well. I kinda want to do faceup b on real skin but I'm afraid it won't look as good. I'll probably end up doing peachgold with faceup b.

Finlet - Do you not like Eithne's body or are you planning on reshelling her?

Taruun - Wow, that's quite amazing that you made the Dean's list that many times. Good job.

37,975 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Team Josie 25
  • Super Jumper 500
Stokiaci
Lady - He does seem like a Kpop star!! When I look at him a few actually come to mind. He has Mir's lips!! And he resembles Minhyun from Nu'est. I'm so happy with him. He's perfect. I'm having trouble deciding between peachgold and realskin as well. Either way he'll be completely different from Soa who is NS. I love faceup b..but c is awesome as well. I kinda want to do faceup b on real skin but I'm afraid it won't look as good. I'll probably end up doing peachgold with faceup b.

He kinda reminds me of Hyunseung (Best) in his trainee days. I know Iple sometimes uses Celebs as inspiration for their sculpts. Like Jessica for an example looks like Jennifer Love Hewitt (and the fact I came across Iple's sculptor blog that had a picture of JLH and Jessica molding one of the EID dresses that almost like the one she wore at a red carpet event.) So I am not surprised if they used a popular Kpop star as inspiration for Daniel.

I'm thinking on peach skin with C-type make up. I don't get factory faceups, but I can not resist his.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff