Welcome to Gaia! ::

Man-Hungry Man-Lover

10,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Woooww XD So much to reply to. <3 HERE COMES A WALL OF TEXT YOU GUYS

Spore XP
@Daniel - Canadians unite! lol I keep finding fellow Canadians everywhere. I usually get company faceups myself since I am not too fond of looking for faceup artists and getting waitlisted... x__x Ches is gonna be super cute when he's done.

-canadianbrofist- :3c

Yeah, that's my issue too. Most good faceup artists have this mile long waitlist, or they just arent available for commissions. :T I'm not really good at constantly keeping an eye out for openings. xD; Plus I have to get over the fear of mailing my doll's head to a stranger. I've heard horror stories of "artists" that have made off with thousands of dollars worth in doll heads. I would definitely want to wait for an artist with a good rep, but the waiting part is what kills me. My SDF Howl is going to need a custom faceup. I might even attempt to do my own, but I've never faceup'd a doll before, and while I am quite adequate at painting, it's a totally new thing. Getting all the materials will be a pain, too. XD;

Oh god sorry I typed an essay there, damn @o@;;
And thank you.<3 I can't wait till he's finished.

foxxy_demon
@daniel: don't feel too silly. XD We all project personalities onto our dolls. it's part of the fun!
Haha hopefully his wig comes soon!
What's koala tea? haha a funny way of saying quality? XD
And awww, your little guy's so cute!

I know. I love that part of it. I'm constantly talking to my boys and treating them like they have their own consciousness. XD; I read a thread on DoA where they were talking about treating dolls like people, and some doll owners really just seem to collect them for aesthetics and find the notion of "coddling" dolls to be ridiculous. I'm always very wary when dealing with a new crowd because of the drastic differences in attitudes towards dolls within the same community.
I read this article about doll owners in Japan, they have this term called "Wet" and "Dry" owners. Its really interesting.

btw yes, its a play on words :3 koala tea = quality xD its a tumblr meme of sorts.
Thank you :3

Saffron Blehckchah

@Daniel; BLUEFAIRY BUDDIES! <3 I am the cousin my cousin talked about. xD My Ophelia is a Jasmine, and I'm hoping to get a SF Paul one day. Ches is way too adorable. ; w ; I love Olive boys. Even when BFs are naked they are amazing. xDD Srsly.
Lovely art too, btw! :'3 Guh, Ches is going to be so so so cute when you get him all dressed up. <333

HI! :3
Bluefairy does make gorgeous dolls. Their resin quality is amazing, too. I love that my boy looks soft and smooth no matter what light he's in, he never looks shiny. TFs are a little pricier than a lot of MSDs but god, so worth it no? <3
I am planning to get a TF Tommy and Patrick in the future. I originally was going to get Tommy first, but the more I looked at Olive the more my heart just wanted to explode. xD Most people have girl Olives so I didn't really look at the sculpt at all at first, but really, the face is just precious for a boy.

Oh, thank you x3 I hope it won't be too much longer. Apparently my orders have all been shipped out, its just a matter of waiting for them to arrive. xox;

Lonely Hoarder

12,050 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
i think im going to pay too much for a second hand soom thunder play bygg ._.
the persons asking $800 for it and as far as i know it only has the standard head.not the one with the horn.
also i added up the price of the doll on soom and it equals $640 or something like that.
i saw someone selling one on the mp (sold of course) for $450
i dont know if i should talk the person down or not.
does anyone know how tall this doll is?

Man-Hungry Man-Lover

10,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
khry, you should definitely ask them what is influencing their decision to ask 800 for the doll. That sounds a little odd to me.
khrystyan
the persons asking $800 for it and as far as i know it only has the standard head.not the one with the horn.
also i added up the price of the doll on soom and it equals $640 or something like that.

I wouldn't argue about the price, It;s generally not appreciated.
Honestly, I would just wait until another one pops up. They generally do when Soom brings out new dolls. People get bored with the old, so they sell them to get the new.
But people get away with prices like that, because the doll is unavailable. It only takes one person crazy enough to make a buttload of profit.
The Soom teenies are yo-sd size though, so roughly 25cm.

Man-Hungry Man-Lover

10,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Bloodstained-Snow
khrystyan

Honestly, I would just wait until another one pops up. They generally do when Soom brings out new dolls. People get bored with the old, so they sell them to get the new.
But people get away with prices like that, because the doll is unavailable. It only takes one person crazy enough to make a buttload of profit.

There's a huge difference between arguing and simply inquiring.

Spore XP's Compadre

Advanced Loiterer

@Daniel; Agreed, BF resin is to die for. Even over the past year, I feel like my girl has always maintained that soft pretty look and her colour hasn't changed a bit. x3 I had her seams sanded and now she looks so perfectly smooth! Interestingly, their NS also matches Soom's NS, so I'm thinking of hybridizing my girl with a little gem.
Blahblahblahblah xDD
I considered an Olive boy for Ophelia's brother, but Paul sucked me in with his even poutier face. x'D I can't wait for them to make more SDs.
P.S. That was a really interesting article. x.x I think most people outside Japan are between "wet" and "dry"... dolls represent characters but we still don't treat them like people. 0.o

@Khrys; That is WAYYYYY too much for a Bygg. I've seen $600 and thought that was too high. They're tinies, they're only 27cm or so, so they're NOT worth that kind of money. -_- I paid less for my Heliot for god's sake, and he's 72cm.

Speaking of the lovely Sol, I posted a gallery thread of him, finally. TT u TT God I love him so much.
http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?514451-Sol-s-Premier!-(SM-Heliot-TF-Jasmine)&p=9001830#post9001830

For those without DoA, teaser pic!

User Image
Daniel has Amnesia

Yes, but 'talking them down' doesn't imply just inquiring.

ღ Miyu's Status ღ : Item processing. Business Day 52
ღ PKF Pong Pong ღ : Invoice Paid. Business Day 08

@ foxxy_demon:
Aww, thankies. heart Rinnie was really curious about Bethany since she (according to her) looked like Rapunzel and wanted to pet her long hair.

@ Shattered Ciel:
I love how fresh? I think that's the right word, her faceup looks!

@ Saffron Blehckchah:
lol I actually sit there and pet Rinnie and Bethany just because they are that soft. Once I have gotten a little more into Rinnie's story you'll find out why her hair is that color. :3
That's actually one of the things that I really liked about Ophelia! She's a very mature young lady but with her fright of going outside you remember that she's still a little girl. Not sure which one you'd think is part two so I'll just link what I do have so far:
Mirror Me: Rinnie Part One(1)
Mirror Me: Malaren Part One(2)
Mirror Me: Rinnie Part Two(1)
Also, my boyfriend finally wrote up the next portion for Malaren but I have a lot of editing to do!

Spore XP's Compadre

Advanced Loiterer

Daniel has Amnesia
Bloodstained-Snow
khrystyan

Also, they'll usually write "firm" next to their price if they're not willing to negotiate.

Spore XP's Compadre

Advanced Loiterer

Roslyn Pryce

@ Saffron Blehckchah:
lol I actually sit there and pet Rinnie and Bethany just because they are that soft. Once I have gotten a little more into Rinnie's story you'll find out why her hair is that color. :3
That's actually one of the things that I really liked about Ophelia! She's a very mature young lady but with her fright of going outside you remember that she's still a little girl. Not sure which one you'd think is part two so I'll just link what I do have so far:
Mirror Me: Rinnie Part One(1)
Mirror Me: Malaren Part One(2)
Mirror Me: Rinnie Part Two(1)
Also, my boyfriend finally wrote up the next portion for Malaren but I have a lot of editing to do!

LOL I did the same to Maddy when Spore got her mohair wig. x'D It's just soooo sooooooft.
I'm glad I'm portraying Ophelia the right way! :'3 More will happen in the next chapter when she meets Annette and Sébastien, and hopefully it'll clear up some things about her.
Ohh, thanks for re-posting those links! I had missed Malaren's part too actually. Now I'm all caught up. :3 Poor Rinnie, the moment I imagined her growing into a sexy lady I imagined her screaming like Serena in Sailor Moon. xDDD

Dapper Dabbler

sweatdrop If you're already involved in a transaction with this person selling the $800 tiny, it might be a little too late for you to get a lower price. You can back out and risk the seller leaving flake feedback for you. On the other hand, if it isn't fully settled yet, simply point out other prices the doll is going for, and politely inquire what makes THIS one so special that the seller feels their price is worth it. Also let them know it may influence your final decision if they aren't willing to negotiate it down (like by a few hundred).

That's what I'd do, anyway.

To me, $800 is a RIDICULOUS price to pay for a tiny, and I don't care what sort of Sooper Speshul Holy Grail limited edition it is.

Lonely Hoarder

12,050 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
Bloodstained-Snow
Daniel has Amnesia

Yes, but 'talking them down' doesn't imply just inquiring.

i dont see whats wrong with discussing a price with someone. as long as both the buyer and seller are happy. its not like im trying to rip her off. im just trying to find a common ground.

Lonely Hoarder

12,050 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
OKAY LET ME CLEAR SOME THINGS UP
i put up a wtb thread asking for the hooves. cause i was going to do a hybrid..
she CONTACTED ME. i told her that i was no longer looking for the hooves cause the hybrid plan fell threw.so i asked her if she was going to sell the doll as a whole. she said yes. and that if i was interested i could buy him. i asked how much she said $800
i said that seemed like a bit too much. so she asked if $700 was okay? i asked her if we could go for $650 OR do a trade of some sort.
she has yet to get back to me.
either way im not trying to gyp her out of her money. i just want to find a common ground on price range. seeing as they are being sold for a lot less in other threads.
I never said you are trying to rip anyone off. I just know from experience that a lot of people don't appreciate it when you tell them their price is too high. And the way you phrased it at first made it sound like you were going to argue about the price instead of just inquiring. That's the fun thing about the internet. Typed words don't always come across as how you actually mean them.

And to everyone saying the price is ridiculous, that may be for you, but not for someone else. To many people these dolls are collectibles, and their worth shoots up when they are sold out. There are plenty of people that buy sold out dolls for twice, third time their worth. Soom Beryl and Sard went for $3000 for a really long time.
I wouldn't pay $800 for a Bygg, because I don't want or desire it. Nor do I have the money. Would I splurge on a different doll I really want if I had the money? Yes, I would. You can't expect limited dolls to have a stable price. It's a matter of supply and demand. If you are the only one selling a popular doll, you can sell it for whatever price you please because someone will buy it at some point.

Lonely Hoarder

12,050 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
thats like me saying im going to sell my white pipos Cheshire for $600 cause its the only one on the mp and its no longer available on pipos site.
too me thats just unfair to shoot up the price like that. ._. i bought him for $300 from the site. so i would never expect anyone to pay more then that. hell they could pay $270 for him for all i cared. just as long as he went to a good home.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff