Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unforgiving Duelist

I'm very new to the world of dolls and doll-collecting. But when I was randomly surfing the Net looking for BJDs (ball-joint dolls), I came across this little cutie here.

I fell in love with him at first sight. And now I just have to have him! I am seriously considering buying this doll...so, what do you think? Is this a good choice for a first-time doll collector? 3nodding

Hilarious Defender

5,900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Margravine Vittoria
I'm very new to the world of dolls and doll-collecting. But when I was randomly surfing the Net looking for BJDs (ball-joint dolls), I came across this little cutie here.

I fell in love with him at first sight. And now I just have to have him! I am seriously considering buying this doll...so, what do you think? Is this a good choice for a first-time doll collector? 3nodding

Dolls will eat your soul... those things terrify me...

Unforgiving Duelist

Rsnbl Faith
Margravine Vittoria

LOL at that.

Justice GO

I'd go in the BJD thread within this forum. The people in there are more capable on answering your questions than those who know little to nothing about BJDs

Dangerous Businessman

9,850 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
I have two Taeyang dolls.
I'm a relative expert on the Pullip brand.

Isuls are wonderful little dolls and Doll Market always has good deals.
I use this site-- their customer service is superb.

Pullips are a wonderful style of doll and they're a cheaper alternative to some other brands of ball jointed dolls with the same wonderful quality.

I love both of mine.
c :

edit: And, since you're a first time buyer, I'd be much less concerned with the material on an Isul breaking.

Friendly Gawker

8,850 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Well....first off...
That is a Pullip, not a BJD...
second.
If you like him, and can afford him, then sure! buy him! :3
That would give me nightmares if it was in my room... ;D

Vampire

Pullips are great, but they do have a few minor issues. Some of the dolls with dark clothes can be stained right out of the packaging and their joints can be a bit delicate, but you can always buy a new body for them. A lot of people put them on obitsu bodies anyway. They're also kinda big. Almost a foot tall.

I'd recommend Pullip Style, but if you don't mind waiting a while you can usually get good deals on second hand dolls from Dolly Market. You just have to post a few times before you can access the sales forum.

Wheezing Smoker

3,550 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
Margravine Vittoria
Rsnbl Faith
Margravine Vittoria

LOL at that.

Haha, too true. Hmm, just go for it, in my opinion, it doesn't matter if your an armature or a vet, you just have to try. Though I would recommend creating your own outfits. 3nodding much more fun, lol.

Perfect Wrangler

Margravine Vittoria
Rsnbl Faith
Margravine Vittoria

LOL at that.

hahah blaugh

Kawaii Shapeshifter

18,500 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Party Animal 100
-OLiViA SUiS-
Well....first off...
second.

Pullips are /sort of/ ball jointed.

Friendly Gawker

8,850 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Obsidian Dreamlight
-OLiViA SUiS-
Well....first off...
second.

But they aren't BJDs. There is a difference. BJDs are made of resin, strung with elastic, and have proper human proportions. There are only a few exceptions to these rules and Pullips are not in the exception list. Also BJDs have removable wigs and eyes.

Kawaii Shapeshifter

18,500 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Party Animal 100
-OLiViA SUiS-
Obsidian Dreamlight
-OLiViA SUiS-
Well....first off...
second.

But they aren't BJDs. There is a difference. BJDs are made of resin, strung with elastic, and have proper human proportions. There are only a few exceptions to these rules and Pullips are not in the exception list. Also BJDs have removable wigs and eyes.

As far as I've read lately, So do some Pullip dolls, to the wig and eyes comment.

I won't argue that they're not quite the same, but then again, OP only said they were looking at BJDs when they came across the Pullip, not that the Pullip itself was a BJD.

Friendly Gawker

8,850 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Obsidian Dreamlight
-OLiViA SUiS-
Obsidian Dreamlight
-OLiViA SUiS-
Well....first off...
second.

As far as I've read lately, So do some Pullip dolls, to the wig and eyes comment.

I won't argue that they're not quite the same, but then again, OP only said they were looking at BJDs when they came across the Pullip, not that the Pullip itself was a BJD.

ok ok...touche...I should not have mentioned the eye and wig comment if I didn't know for sure. and yes..she didn't necessarily say that the pullip WAS a bjd...

Sparkly Fatcat

Margravine Vittoria

he's really cute~ >w< anyway, its been a while since you posted this.. did you bought it? >w<

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff