Welcome to Gaia! ::

ahhhh furbys!

Beloved Lunatic

6,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Popular Thread 100
I never got an electronic Furby because my mother was afraid I'd break it, but I had a yellow one with black stripes that I won at a County Fair. I think I sold him a few years ago. At least I still have my electronic Pikachu biggrin

7,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
I think Furby's were one of the only toy fads I didn't get into when I was a kid, I thought they were creepy. My aunt and uncle got my sister and I one each for our birthdays and we hadno idea what to do wth them hahaha. She got the orange and black tiger one, I got the white and black cow-ish one. My sister also had a gray and white one but neither of us remember where she got it from...
I still have my Furby, he works perfectly and he sits on my dresser for nostalgia's sake but I make damn sure there are no batteries anywhere near it. I've been woken up but it's dead voice screaming about its love for me before and I'd really rather not venture down that nightmare road again.

Shy Conversationalist

I wasn't allowed to have a Furby when I was a kid; they creeped my parents out. I had a pink Poo-chi instead.

Feral Lover

I used to have a ton of Furbies.
They look like a bunch of damn Gremlins! D: Have you ever seen the movie Gremlin by Stephen Spielberg?
I remember all of mine would wake up in the middle of the night and started talking. And they were in a box in my closet, and all you heard was like 50 Furbys making weird noises in the middle of the night. I don't know what happened to them all. But they are so creepy. ;~;

Hilarious Genius

8,900 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
MyDarlingVendetta
I used to have a ton of Furbies.
They look like a bunch of damn Gremlins! D: Have you ever seen the movie Gremlin by Stephen Spielberg?
I remember all of mine would wake up in the middle of the night and started talking. And they were in a box in my closet, and all you heard was like 50 Furbys making weird noises in the middle of the night. I don't know what happened to them all. But they are so creepy. ;~;

Agreed.
To be honest, I think they even released a gremlin-edition Furby, did anyone else see those? Nightmare fuel.

Giygasm's King

Demonic Sweetheart

16,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
NO. I don't WANT to remember those demented things!
LOL they looked freaky..
they still do LOL talk2hand

Gracious Gekko

12,000 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
Furbies fall in that same category of creepy as Porcelain dolls and those ******** sing-a-majigs or whatever. Holy mother of god are those things scary.
They have teeth.

Dapper Gaian

3,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
I remember Furby's all too well. My parents got me the pink Baby Furby when it came out. It was amazing how shocked I was with it when it would burp and fart and stuff. It entertained me for a while, but sometimes the thing just had to shut up because it got on my nerves. So, my parents bought me the contraption that put the Furby to sleep.

Anyone have them? It was a cradle with a handle that went over the sensor on the Furby's forehead, you'd press the button and then it would start snoring and fall asleep. BEST companion invention ever to the Furby. smile

5,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
LOLs, I do remeber the Furby's. I had one I always carried around, honestly I have no clue what happened to it. Last I did see it was being accidentally thrown in the trash. Though I really can't remeber if I picked it out of the trash or if I just left her their to a undeserved fate -__-

Snarky Vampire

39,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Champion 300
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
All I remember is wanting one when I was a kid, because they were simultaneously cute and a bit creepy; they looked a bit like screech owls, so it's not hard to see why someone would have found them somewhat creepy if one of them went off in the middle of the night. I do remember having something a little bit similar, though; Robo-pooch, I think it was called.
Oh wow, I remember these!

I wrote a speech about them in the fourth grade. I won first place out of the entire school. No joke. On a speech about Furbies. I wasn't allowed to use props either, so I used my imagination to "talk" to it. I must've looked nuts.

To this day, one of my friends parents still refer to me as the "Furby Girl" because of that speech. Twelve years later.

700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Had a furby, I forget it's name but I remember it was a really boring color and looked stoned and spoke super slow all the time. I also remember lots of rumors like they were banned from places since they could record conversations and a nearby store got in trouble when a new furby began swearing at its owners.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff