Welcome to Gaia! ::

I've been slowly saving money for my very first Dollfie and planning to start a small collection of them.

But, the problem is I generally don't know that many sites that sell them. Nor do I know what are good sites to bad sites. The only one I know really is Dream of Doll, but wondered if there are any others out there.

If anyone can help me out that would be great!

Also if you have Dollfies of your own please tell me about them! C8

iymcool's Wife

Quotable Lunatic

First off, I will correct you.
Dollfie is a brand--made by Volks. You're thinking about getting your first Ball-jointed doll. More specifically, Asian Ball-jointed doll. Please remember this. [This is my biggest pet peeve in this hobby. Know the difference.]
Dollfies are vinyl where BJDS are resin. What is it you're actually looking for? check it out. Vinyl stains a lot easier then resin does, but wont' weight as much either.

There are a list of sites you can chose from to order a doll. What kind of doll are you looking for?
Waht size do you want?
The doll sizes you see on average come from an SD size [54-70 CM]
MSD size [ Generally 40-50CM]
YoSD{ 24-30 CM]
And smaller.
So pick your size first.
I have three size dolls.

User Image

The larger two standing are about a 63CM SD doll
The red headed doll is holding a YoSD
And the other three are MSD sizes [about 43CM]

Usually the larger the doll, the higher the cost, but that is not always the case. IT depends on the site you order from.

Dream of doll is very popular and has gorgeous molds. If you order a company faceup, they hav emany different kinds you can chose from, from a cutie look, to a dark, gore themed look

Dollmore has an array of different kinds of dolls of all different prices and sizes. They generally have agreat prices on all sizes

Luts [eluts] is where almost all of my dolls are from. They have an array of different sizes and are great priced.

Soom tends to dish out a lot of fantasy dolls. Their prices can be more, but their dolls are great.

dollfairyland has great dolls as well. Their MSD size dolls tend to be 'skinnier' and are 'slim minis' Which you should watch out for. They are very popular though.

iplehouse has different size dolls. They are a little more expensive, but their dolls tend ot have a more 'real' look about them and have more human like proportions than most dolls.

There are many other sites than that, but I just named a few popular ones off the top of my head.

Remember you can order a doll with or without a faceup.
If you go without a faceup, your doll will come 'blank'.
User Image

Thus lack of lip, eyelashes, eyebrows. You can always paint it yourself, or hire another artist to do so. But it's not as easy as slapping on some paints. I recommend doing a lot of research before you decide on that.

I can help you out further if you'd like~ figured I've fed you a lot of information right now to sort through. haha.

Dangerous Stalker

Fate pretty much said everything you'd need to know.

Except "Dollfie's" are not vinyl. Dollfie dreams are vinyl, but Super Dollfies, Mini Super Dollfies, etc, are resin.

Before you get the doll you want, you have a lot of research to do.

In my opinion, size is one of the most important things. I've seen way too many people get dolls then sell them because they didn't like the size. It has happened to me once out of my 60+ dolls, and thankfully I learned anything smaller than a 1/12 tiny I couldn't handle. Yet I can go as big as they get seeing as one of my girls is 105cm.

There are so many companies out there, it would take forever to list them all. If you use tumblr, feel free to check out the "Bjd" tag there. Also you can try and get an invite to Den of Angels.

Another website you should check out is: Bjdcollectasy - has the recent news for all kinds of Bjd's

There are also a lot of collectors on Youtube, so you can check out their videos too.

Basic don'ts of Bjd's:

1) Do not leave them in direct sunlight. This will cause them to yellow faster.
2) Do not constantly touch their face. This can mess their faceup up. Unless you don't care about that.
3) They can get stained, so always have some magic eraser on hand.
4) Sometimes they are the most fragile things ever and can break ridiculously easy, and sometimes they have some kind of magic force where they should have been broken but they didn't. Literally. My DZ Morphoa had a WHOLE DRESSER fall on top of her and she came away without a scratch. Then another of my dolls took a small tumble and broke two of her fingers. So just be careful with them like you would any other valuable thing.
Uze
Fate pretty much said everything you'd need to know.

Except "Dollfie's" are not vinyl. Dollfie dreams are vinyl, but Super Dollfies, Mini Super Dollfies, etc, are resin.

Before you get the doll you want, you have a lot of research to do.

In my opinion, size is one of the most important things. I've seen way too many people get dolls then sell them because they didn't like the size. It has happened to me once out of my 60+ dolls, and thankfully I learned anything smaller than a 1/12 tiny I couldn't handle. Yet I can go as big as they get seeing as one of my girls is 105cm.

There are so many companies out there, it would take forever to list them all. If you use tumblr, feel free to check out the "Bjd" tag there. Also you can try and get an invite to Den of Angels.

Another website you should check out is: Bjdcollectasy - has the recent news for all kinds of Bjd's

There are also a lot of collectors on Youtube, so you can check out their videos too.

Basic don'ts of Bjd's:

1) Do not leave them in direct sunlight. This will cause them to yellow faster.
2) Do not constantly touch their face. This can mess their faceup up. Unless you don't care about that.
3) They can get stained, so always have some magic eraser on hand.
4) Sometimes they are the most fragile things ever and can break ridiculously easy, and sometimes they have some kind of magic force where they should have been broken but they didn't. Literally. My DZ Morphoa had a WHOLE DRESSER fall on top of her and she came away without a scratch. Then another of my dolls took a small tumble and broke two of her fingers. So just be careful with them like you would any other valuable thing.

Thank you so much for the information. I didn't realize touching their faces would mess up their make up or the fact that magic eraser can be used on them. Your information helped me out a lot. I was so confused and didn't really know a lot of Ball jointed doll forums. >////<.

Dangerous Stalker

CirqueDuDoll

Thank you so much for the information. I didn't realize touching their faces would mess up their make up or the fact that magic eraser can be used on them. Your information helped me out a lot. I was so confused and didn't really know a lot of Ball jointed doll forums. >////<.

That's not a problem smile I'm glad you are wanting to learn about them before just jumping in blind like some people! And yes, faceups can get messed up easily. Or sometimes not easily at all. It's best to just try your best to leave the face alone. When I move my girls heads around, I move them by holding onto their ears.

Also, depending on what kind of wig you use, they can stain. (Typically also if they have a darker wig cap.) I just got a beautiful mohair wig that's a deep wine color, and I had it on my girl for a day and when I took it off she had blue marks on her head. They came out with the magic eraser, but still. She now wears a silicone wig cap x3

You will want to realize that resin yellows naturally through oxidation. This is not something you can stop, but if you expose them to sunlight it can make the process faster. But when a doll starts getting old, some just turn into a pretty creamy color, others become obviously yellow. I have a normal skin Luts tiny delf that was from the "Blood letters" release, and she has mellowed in color. She's an obviously different color from my other normal skinned luts. But it's really not that bad and it doesn't show up much in pictures.

I also have a white skinned luts that is now the most beautiful color that I prefer to the original white skin. My secondhand Minifee DES actually came to me quite yellowed, but I actually love the color on her. Yellowing might scare you at first, but honestly after you've grown to the love the doll, most of the time it won't even matter.

Some people will sand their dolls all over to get the yellow off, but it will come back anyways. And never ever sand a doll, or use sealant, without the proper facemask. Resin dust is extremely toxic and you can very very sick if you breathe any into your lungs.

Whenever you get your first doll, definitely look it over and become familiar with how the joints work. And eventually you can muster up the courage to restring him/her!

Do you have any dolls you've got your eye on?
Uze
CirqueDuDoll

That's not a problem smile I'm glad you are wanting to learn about them before just jumping in blind like some people! And yes, faceups can get messed up easily. Or sometimes not easily at all. It's best to just try your best to leave the face alone. When I move my girls heads around, I move them by holding onto their ears.

Also, depending on what kind of wig you use, they can stain. (Typically also if they have a darker wig cap.) I just got a beautiful mohair wig that's a deep wine color, and I had it on my girl for a day and when I took it off she had blue marks on her head. They came out with the magic eraser, but still. She now wears a silicone wig cap x3

You will want to realize that resin yellows naturally through oxidation. This is not something you can stop, but if you expose them to sunlight it can make the process faster. But when a doll starts getting old, some just turn into a pretty creamy color, others become obviously yellow. I have a normal skin Luts tiny delf that was from the "Blood letters" release, and she has mellowed in color. She's an obviously different color from my other normal skinned luts. But it's really not that bad and it doesn't show up much in pictures.

I also have a white skinned luts that is now the most beautiful color that I prefer to the original white skin. My secondhand Minifee DES actually came to me quite yellowed, but I actually love the color on her. Yellowing might scare you at first, but honestly after you've grown to the love the doll, most of the time it won't even matter.

Some people will sand their dolls all over to get the yellow off, but it will come back anyways. And never ever sand a doll, or use sealant, without the proper facemask. Resin dust is extremely toxic and you can very very sick if you breathe any into your lungs.

Whenever you get your first doll, definitely look it over and become familiar with how the joints work. And eventually you can muster up the courage to restring him/her!

Do you have any dolls you've got your eye on?

Oh wow, I didn't know that these dolls can change color with age. I'll have to place my first doll in a spot where it's pretty dark. Is there a point where you can't sand the doll anymore? I'm worried when my doll turns yellow that I can't do anything for it anymore. Though, I know i'll always love it no matter if it turns a little yellow. Probably call it a smurf after awhile. lol. And yikes, toxic fumes are definite no, no with me. I'm the type of person to be careless and not wear a mask, thanks for the warning. That could have been very dangerous.

I'm starting to realize how sensitive these dolls are. I'm going to have to place them in a safe place when my first one and my future ones arrive. Where do you buy wig caps for your doll? I'll probably buy one cause I don't want that staining to happen. And I'm probably gonna have an abundance of magic marker on hand. >w<.

So far, I've only been on three sites looking at ball jointed dolls. DreamofDolls was the first one that I was on. I adore the dolls they have and they have some very lovely wigs that I would love my first doll and future dolls to wear. The second site I went on was Ebay. I have an ebay seller saved since they seem to sell all kinds of ball jointed doll from multiple companies. Through them I found
doll-chateau. I simply adore the structure of the chateau dolls. I've been interested in getting two males from them. Though I noticed, I can't get on their site anymore and the pictures on ebay for their dolls don't appear. So I'm a bit scared that I won't be able to get them when I have the funds.

How many dolls do you have?

Dangerous Stalker

CirqueDuDoll
Oh wow, I didn't know that these dolls can change color with age. I'll have to place my first doll in a spot where it's pretty dark. Is there a point where you can't sand the doll anymore? I'm worried when my doll turns yellow that I can't do anything for it anymore. Though, I know i'll always love it no matter if it turns a little yellow. Probably call it a smurf after awhile. lol. And yikes, toxic fumes are definite no, no with me. I'm the type of person to be careless and not wear a mask, thanks for the warning. That could have been very dangerous.

I'm starting to realize how sensitive these dolls are. I'm going to have to place them in a safe place when my first one and my future ones arrive. Where do you buy wig caps for your doll? I'll probably buy one cause I don't want that staining to happen. And I'm probably gonna have an abundance of magic marker on hand. >w<.

So far, I've only been on three sites looking at ball jointed dolls. DreamofDolls was the first one that I was on. I adore the dolls they have and they have some very lovely wigs that I would love my first doll and future dolls to wear. The second site I went on was Ebay. I have an ebay seller saved since they seem to sell all kinds of ball jointed doll from multiple companies. Through them I found
doll-chateau. I simply adore the structure of the chateau dolls. I've been interested in getting two males from them. Though I noticed, I can't get on their site anymore and the pictures on ebay for their dolls don't appear. So I'm a bit scared that I won't be able to get them when I have the funds.

Yes, all resin dolls will eventually yellow with age. Different companies dolls yellow faster or slower than others, depending on the resin they use. Sanding is fine, but it's time consuming and dangerous if you breathe in the particles without the proper equipment. (It's a good idea to do a wet sanding, therefore it's harder for the particles to go airborne.) But I wouldn't worry about yellowing. And honestly most "yellowed" dolls I see are still beautiful! And sometimes it takes a very long time for it to happen!

You can find silicone wig caps all over the place. I buy all of mine from ebay, it's cheapest there. Some people also make their own wig caps.

Do you mind telling me which ebay user you are talking about? If it's Jeeryama, that's great, she's a very reputable dealer!

But there are some people on Ebay that are NOT authorized dealers of companies yet still sell their product. Also, be weary and smart if you buy on ebay because recasts do exist. I've seen newbie bjd owners unknowingly buy a recast and it's a real shame.

Honestly once your collection reaches past a certain point you stop counting razz It's 65+ now, lol.
Uze
CirqueDuDoll

Yes, all resin dolls will eventually yellow with age. Different companies dolls yellow faster or slower than others, depending on the resin they use. Sanding is fine, but it's time consuming and dangerous if you breathe in the particles without the proper equipment. (It's a good idea to do a wet sanding, therefore it's harder for the particles to go airborne.) But I wouldn't worry about yellowing. And honestly most "yellowed" dolls I see are still beautiful! And sometimes it takes a very long time for it to happen!

You can find silicone wig caps all over the place. I buy all of mine from ebay, it's cheapest there. Some people also make their own wig caps.

Do you mind telling me which ebay user you are talking about? If it's Jeeryama, that's great, she's a very reputable dealer!

But there are some people on Ebay that are NOT authorized dealers of companies yet still sell their product. Also, be weary and smart if you buy on ebay because recasts do exist. I've seen newbie bjd owners unknowingly buy a recast and it's a real shame.

Honestly once your collection reaches past a certain point you stop counting razz It's 65+ now, lol.

Okay! Then, I'm not worried at all now. C8. I'll probably buy the wig caps since I don't want the wigs to stain on the dolls head. It's a good think you told me since I'd probably panic all over the place in wonder why the doll was stained or was turning yellow lol.

Yup! It's Jeeryama. C8. I saved that ebay seller after reading all the comments and seeing her rating. I also liked that she gave the original sites to all the dolls. Though I am worried that I'll buy a recast. I looked on some forums and was scared of the horror stories of people buying them.

Oh wow, you have 65+ dolls now? That's intense! How long have you been collecting? Do you have any pictures of them?

You got me so excited when I finally get my first doll. Although I have to wait until after christmas with so many gifts to buy. lol. Still, you're making me count down the days. >w<.

Dangerous Stalker

CirqueDuDoll
Uze
CirqueDuDoll

Okay! Then, I'm not worried at all now. C8. I'll probably buy the wig caps since I don't want the wigs to stain on the dolls head. It's a good think you told me since I'd probably panic all over the place in wonder why the doll was stained or was turning yellow lol.

Yup! It's Jeeryama. C8. I saved that ebay seller after reading all the comments and seeing her rating. I also liked that she gave the original sites to all the dolls. Though I am worried that I'll buy a recast. I looked on some forums and was scared of the horror stories of people buying them.

Oh wow, you have 65+ dolls now? That's intense! How long have you been collecting? Do you have any pictures of them?

You got me so excited when I finally get my first doll. Although I have to wait until after christmas with so many gifts to buy. lol. Still, you're making me count down the days. >w<.

I'm glad I was able to help even a little bit smile Getting into the BJD hobby is a really exciting thing!!

That's great. I actually bought my 4th doll from Jeeryama, she's wonderful. Also she frequently lets you pick a free wig which is awesome!

Haha yeah. I'm scaling down just a bit now (Rehoming the ones who don't even get touched) but I still add to it. So it never /really/ goes down, lol.)

I've been collecting for some years. I was 12 when I saw my first BJD, but I had to wait a long time to actually get one because my mother was "scared of sending that much money overseas." She's always worried about scams and such. So it was a few years later that I really got interested in it, researching like crazy. And I actually found the first doll I had seen for sale, and I desperately wanted her, but it just didn't happen. ;-; I now own her, though! And she's great <3

I have lots of pictures of my girls xD (It's funny, out of all my dolls, I only have 3 boys. Haha! Though one is a centaur and one is a SOOM Cheshire still on order.)

This is the tumblr for just my BJD's pictures: http://amerlinalynndolls.tumblr.com/

I haven't been able to post as much right now because my classes are kind of kicking my a**. But when they don't, I usually post a lot because I have so many dolls there's always someone to take a picture of razz

Heheh I'm glad I've gotten you more excited! Getting your first doll, and your first introduction to the hobby is amazing, for real. To hold that first resin in your hands...I was awestruck. And my first was just a little 2007 Dollzone Event bunny anthro. (Still have the little darling) Do you have a sculpt picked out that you want, or are you still looking? Do you have any specifics on what you want your doll to be? Gender, eye color, wig color, clothes, resin color, fantasy/human, etc?
Uze
CirqueDuDoll
Uze
CirqueDuDoll

I'm glad I was able to help even a little bit smile Getting into the BJD hobby is a really exciting thing!!

That's great. I actually bought my 4th doll from Jeeryama, she's wonderful. Also she frequently lets you pick a free wig which is awesome!

Haha yeah. I'm scaling down just a bit now (Rehoming the ones who don't even get touched) but I still add to it. So it never /really/ goes down, lol.)

I've been collecting for some years. I was 12 when I saw my first BJD, but I had to wait a long time to actually get one because my mother was "scared of sending that much money overseas." She's always worried about scams and such. So it was a few years later that I really got interested in it, researching like crazy. And I actually found the first doll I had seen for sale, and I desperately wanted her, but it just didn't happen. ;-; I now own her, though! And she's great <3

I have lots of pictures of my girls xD (It's funny, out of all my dolls, I only have 3 boys. Haha! Though one is a centaur and one is a SOOM Cheshire still on order.)

This is the tumblr for just my BJD's pictures: http://amerlinalynndolls.tumblr.com/

I haven't been able to post as much right now because my classes are kind of kicking my a**. But when they don't, I usually post a lot because I have so many dolls there's always someone to take a picture of razz

Heheh I'm glad I've gotten you more excited! Getting your first doll, and your first introduction to the hobby is amazing, for real. To hold that first resin in your hands...I was awestruck. And my first was just a little 2007 Dollzone Event bunny anthro. (Still have the little darling) Do you have a sculpt picked out that you want, or are you still looking? Do you have any specifics on what you want your doll to be? Gender, eye color, wig color, clothes, resin color, fantasy/human, etc?

OOohhh that's nice, getting a free wig. I didn't know she did that. C8.

That's so nice though that you have such a large collection. My dream is to have a large collection as well. And I can't wait to get to the point where I can say I have a large collection. Especially since my Nikon camera is itching to take pictures of the dolls. Though I have to get a new lens for close ups. >W<.

I know how you feel. I first looked at ball jointed dolls when I was a teen. I saw someone at a con with one and decided to research and fell in love. But, my mom also didn't want to send so much money either. Now that I have a job and after working for awhile, I decided this is the time. What's nice is that ebay has that bill me later stuff.

Your dolls are so lovely! I love so the littles ones. They look so adorable, but when I saw the picture of your large one with the littles one my jaw dropped at how big it was. Is that a 72cm one or is it larger? But, the anthro ones are adorable, I love how the feet look!

So far, I know I want to get male dolls. I love the Dolls from Doll Chateau. They seem so unique and cool! So my first two dolls I'm planning to get from them is a 50cm boy and a 72cm man. I'll probably buy the 50cm first, since he's the cheapest one. Then I'll save up for the second. After that I was thinking about buying a junior Delf boy from Luts. Since another BJD collector gave great praise for them.

Dangerous Stalker

CirqueDuDoll

That's so nice though that you have such a large collection. My dream is to have a large collection as well. And I can't wait to get to the point where I can say I have a large collection. Especially since my Nikon camera is itching to take pictures of the dolls. Though I have to get a new lens for close ups. >W<.

I know how you feel. I first looked at ball jointed dolls when I was a teen. I saw someone at a con with one and decided to research and fell in love. But, my mom also didn't want to send so much money either. Now that I have a job and after working for awhile, I decided this is the time. What's nice is that ebay has that bill me later stuff.

Your dolls are so lovely! I love so the littles ones. They look so adorable, but when I saw the picture of your large one with the littles one my jaw dropped at how big it was. Is that a 72cm one or is it larger? But, the anthro ones are adorable, I love how the feet look!

So far, I know I want to get male dolls. I love the Dolls from Doll Chateau. They seem so unique and cool! So my first two dolls I'm planning to get from them is a 50cm boy and a 72cm man. I'll probably buy the 50cm first, since he's the cheapest one. Then I'll save up for the second. After that I was thinking about buying a junior Delf boy from Luts. Since another BJD collector gave great praise for them.

It's awesome you want to have a large collection! I see a lot of people with an average of 10 or so dolls, and I always wonder how they do that razz I love all the variety in my girls, they all offer me something different that the others don't! I like seeing people build and add on to their collections.

Thank you very much smile That's super nice to say! Which picture are you referring to?

This one? (If you mean this one, my tallest girl holding the SD's is 105cm lol. This picture is when she is sitting down, but when she stands, she towers over those SD's. She's also extremely heavy, pretty much the weight of an actual child)

User Image

And I agree, I love anthro dolls! But I'm very picky about them. I don't like the anthros that cannot wear wigs (Ones like Pipos) because you can't remove their ears, they are sculpted on. I'm a wig fiend, so I want most of my dolls to wear wigs. But when I DO find an anthro I like, they are amazing ♥

Doll Chateau has really become popular lately. Which is no surprise considering how many great sculpts they've been coming out with! They aren't my cup of tea, but I do admit they have some very artistic sculpts. Doll Chateau is actually the sister company to Dollzone smile

I highly recommend Luts, as well! I don't have any Junior delfs, but I have a lot of Luts dolls in general, and they are amazing dolls and amazing prices!
Uze
CirqueDuDoll

It's awesome you want to have a large collection! I see a lot of people with an average of 10 or so dolls, and I always wonder how they do that razz I love all the variety in my girls, they all offer me something different that the others don't! I like seeing people build and add on to their collections.

Thank you very much smile That's super nice to say! Which picture are you referring to?

This one? (If you mean this one, my tallest girl holding the SD's is 105cm lol. This picture is when she is sitting down, but when she stands, she towers over those SD's. She's also extremely heavy, pretty much the weight of an actual child)

User Image

And I agree, I love anthro dolls! But I'm very picky about them. I don't like the anthros that cannot wear wigs (Ones like Pipos) because you can't remove their ears, they are sculpted on. I'm a wig fiend, so I want most of my dolls to wear wigs. But when I DO find an anthro I like, they are amazing ♥

Doll Chateau has really become popular lately. Which is no surprise considering how many great sculpts they've been coming out with! They aren't my cup of tea, but I do admit they have some very artistic sculpts. Doll Chateau is actually the sister company to Dollzone smile

I highly recommend Luts, as well! I don't have any Junior delfs, but I have a lot of Luts dolls in general, and they are amazing dolls and amazing prices!

I also wondered that too. There are so many beautiful dolls out there, all different types. I just want to hug them all, dress them up and take millions of photos of them!

Don't worry about, I seriously mean it with your dolls. Their all so beautiful and cute. You also take some awesome photos of them. They got me to continue to become even more excited for when I get my first doll!

And yeah! It's that large one! I can't believe how large it is. I thought the biggest dolls were only 90cm after randomly stumbling onto one. I didn't think they can go up to over 100cm! How much was the shipping for her? Cause I know shipping depends on weight, was her shipping expensive? She looks so beautiful and I love the outfit and wig thats on her. And your so right, she towers over all your little ones.

I have to agree with you on wigs. I would prefer the dolls to be able to wear wigs. Are you going to be getting any new Anthros soon or any other doll soon? Or more focusing on the collection you have right now? C8

I know what you mean. I heard of Doll Chateau through tumblr. And ever since I saw them, I fell in love on how they looked. Though I'm planning my first doll to be a luts delf junior, I'm planning my second one to be a 72cm Doll Chateau. C8. I heard of Dollzone so much, is that also a good place?

I hear so many well recommendations on Luts, that I want my first doll to be from there. C8. I can't wait to buy my very first doll from there. I already have a name picked out for him and everything. Though I'm going to have to style the wig when I receive it.

Is it alright if I add you as a friend? You seem like such an awesome and nice person and I would love to talk to you more about Ball jointed dolls. C8 If you don't mind that is.

Dangerous Stalker

CirqueDuDoll
I also wondered that too. There are so many beautiful dolls out there, all different types. I just want to hug them all, dress them up and take millions of photos of them!

Don't worry about, I seriously mean it with your dolls. Their all so beautiful and cute. You also take some awesome photos of them. They got me to continue to become even more excited for when I get my first doll!

And yeah! It's that large one! I can't believe how large it is. I thought the biggest dolls were only 90cm after randomly stumbling onto one. I didn't think they can go up to over 100cm! How much was the shipping for her? Cause I know shipping depends on weight, was her shipping expensive? She looks so beautiful and I love the outfit and wig thats on her. And your so right, she towers over all your little ones.

I have to agree with you on wigs. I would prefer the dolls to be able to wear wigs. Are you going to be getting any new Anthros soon or any other doll soon? Or more focusing on the collection you have right now? C8

I know what you mean. I heard of Doll Chateau through tumblr. And ever since I saw them, I fell in love on how they looked. Though I'm planning my first doll to be a luts delf junior, I'm planning my second one to be a 72cm Doll Chateau. C8. I heard of Dollzone so much, is that also a good place?

I hear so many well recommendations on Luts, that I want my first doll to be from there. C8. I can't wait to buy my very first doll from there. I already have a name picked out for him and everything. Though I'm going to have to style the wig when I receive it.

Is it alright if I add you as a friend? You seem like such an awesome and nice person and I would love to talk to you more about Ball jointed dolls. C8 If you don't mind that is.

Lol, that's exactly how I feel. And taking pictures of dolls is seriously the funnest thing ever. Sometimes it can be extremely frustrating (They don't want to pose, they fall over, their wig is crazy, etc) and uncomfortable (Getting down on the ground to get that perfect perspective shot, getting pinched by a joint, etc) but it's so worth it. I just recently got a great camera after using the same crappy point in shoot for many many years, and it makes me want to take 100 pictures. But of course, I usually only get 1-3 good shots, LOL

You are such a sweetie ;-; I'm happy you like my girls ♥

There aren't many, but there are definitely some out there that quite big smile The ones I know of are;

-Soom Mecha Angels: 80cm
-Dollmore Lusion Dahlia/Lillia/Daish: 80cm
-Dollmore Trinity Elysia/Jude/Lumie: 105cm

There are also two companies that have made life-size BJD's

D-Storic: Izi: Around 172cm
Magical Angel Iris: Around 177cm

The shipping for my Elysia was free, lol. With Dollmore, if you order over $500, you get free shipping no matter what. And she was well over $500, haha! But someone I know on DoA was selling her Elysia, and it would cost $200 to ship her domestically in the US.

I actually got two anthro's recently, my Luts Haunted Series Witch Persi and Banshee Papi Zuzu delf. They have magnetic ears so they can wear their adorable wigs ♥ Besides them, I don't think I'll be getting any anthros in the recent future smile Dearmine is coming out with 5 new ones though pretty soon! But they are the tall anthros.

As for other dolls, I have quite a few currently on order. Sugarble Little Kitty Irene, DikaDoll Amanda, Dollpamm Mochi, Fairyland Pukifee Mio + Zio + Littlefee Lewi, Iplehouse KID Irene + PID Joyful Blooming, Luts Kid Delf Haunted Kiwi witch and...lol...5 tiny delf centaurs, Soom Little gem Cheshire and iMda Petite Modigli.

And the newest girls that I just ordered a couple hours ago: Latidoll Monster house Death Coco and Wolfy Sophie.

Seems like a lot, but it's included in the 65+, lol. I count incoming dolls already in my family.

Those might be a lot of new terms for you, but don't worry, you will eventually learn everything there is to know, especially if you talk to me, LOL.

I personally think a Luts doll will make the perfect first doll. Do you know what skin tone you want him to be? Luts has the most beautiful brown and tan skin. Really, all of their skin colors are amazing. But I've only seen white, normal, and real skin brown.

Dollzone is a pretty good company in my opinion! They had a shaky beginning, but they've really turned into a fabulous company. Wait times can be long, but not nearly as bad as Loongsoul, Xaga doll, or Latidoll. But I have a couple Dollzone dolls and they are honestly amazing quality, and for great prices too. But I'm sad because they are discontinuing ALL their female 1/3 dolls, so I had to put one of them on Layaway that I've been wanting since I got my first one.

Please let me know when you order your boy!! I can't wait ♥ It's going to be a very exciting time for you, for sure smile Luts is having a slight backlog right now because they've released 3 big consecutive events, but it's hovering around a 3 month wait right now. It's not bad compared to some other companies, I just wanted you to be aware smile

I sent a friend request! I'd love to be your friend ♥ You seem really awesome too, and eager to get your foot in the hobby! smile Though once you get your first boy, your whole body will be in the hobby, lol.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff