Welcome to Gaia! ::

To spend on a single toy.
Keep in mind that it's just a figure and does nothing but look pretty in my shelves.

I ask because I'm seriously considering spending 130$ on something.

Durem Dabbler

7,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
If it will cost more in the future, buy it. Too much will be 60% of your budget.
Past Drizzle
If it will cost more in the future, buy it. Too much will be 60% of your budget.

You know what I will!

Hunter

There are amazing figures around $400
All depends on what you want and if you've got the funds for it.

Man-Hungry Explorer

i usually try and only buy cheap figures
but id probably pay 150 dollars
maybe more xD

Gambino Gekko

6,050 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Champion 300
  • Flatterer 200
My limit is 40 bucks, tops! I'm a poor student, to buy something worth 150 bucks I'll have to win the lottery or sell a kidney.

Unbeatable Survivor

2,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Gender Swap 100
It really depends. On the topic of scaled figures, I normally am against spending more than 200 usd on a figure, shipping and customs included, however I kind of caved and broke that rule twice already (With Saber Alter and Motored Cruiasser)

Figmas /Nendos however are a different story. I refuse to spend more than 100 USD one, especially since you could just opt to buy a better scaled figure that's worth the money. Only exception is when I like that figure (ie: Figma Nero)

Devoted Sage

My limit is $150, and that has to be a figure that a) I absolutely love and b) will go up in value.
My limit on toys is $50, but that's just me. I was only tempted to spend more a few times. Only broke once though and it wasn't by much. The figure was $60

I collect Transformers, so most figures are well under the $50 marker, with the exception of the Masterpiece lines, 3rd party made figures and some G1 collectibles.
The most I've spent is $300.
I guess It depends on your budget and if you think you really want to spend so much on it as well.

Invisible Regular

9,750 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
DanyTheMe
To spend on a single toy.
Keep in mind that it's just a figure and does nothing but look pretty in my shelves.

I ask because I'm seriously considering spending 130$ on something.

it depends entirely on the figure, in some cases ive saved up and spent as much as $200 on a single figure but for most figures I would ever pay that.
really i'd say its just about the quality of the figure and how much you want it.

Cluttered Kitten

13,200 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image

I don't believe in a toy (or any hobby item) costing "too much." An item is worth as much as you're willing to pay.
That's a common saying in the doll hobby & I often live by it!

I've spent close to $2000 for special dolls because I have such a passion for my hobbies.
My main rule of thumb is to never spend an amount that will put me in debt & I always make wise investments.
I only put large amounts of money towards objects that I know I can sell for the same price or make a profit from.
It's important to me that I never feel the pressure of debt, but I can still enjoy my toy hobbies in the process!

Cat

I don't think there's such thing as too much as long as you can afford it and it's worth it to you. If you want it and know you wont have any regrets about purchasing it then I don't see why you shouldn't go ahead and buy it.
A lot of pricy collectables can gain value throughout the years so if you know you'll take good care of the item then it can also be a wise investment opportunity. heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games