Welcome to Gaia! ::

Loyal Kitten

With two of my dolls, I came up with the names first and then made the doll. ( Pictures of them are in my signature. ) The middle one, Alexis, was a spur-of-the-moment buy and the name given my my husband. 3nodding

Interesting Explorer

5,250 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Gaian 50
umm wtf?! eek

Sparkly Fatcat

hmm, my first bjd is named Levi, short for Leviticus which means jointed~ since his a bjd. xD
the next ones were Oliver, Aubrie, and Penelope, i just like the name xD

Cluttered Kitten

14,000 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image
Honestly, inspiration for my dolly names comes from all over the place.
It really depends on the exact time she enters my life. Even details of her arrival can affect a doll's name.
Here are some examples...

Plum, my Kozy Kape Blythe, was inspired by the character in Chobits (the English version).
I had been reading the manga during the time in my life that Plum arrived.
I wanted a name for her that I associated with companionship, like the Chobits character.

Ethereal, my Jerry Berry doll, was named because the word "ethereal" was the first word I thought of when I saw her sales photos.
The word is one of my very favorites & it brings forth very strong feelings inside me when I hear or see it.

Roslin Pinkinshire, a doll I customized that is 100% pink, was named for her entire story.
I've built my entire doll business around her name & her personal story. Both pieces of her name mean a great deal to the dolly world I've created.
Roslin was inspired by President Laura Roslin from Battlestar Galactica.
She's an incredibly strong person with an enormous passion for life. I wanted my doll to carry that strength & beauty.
Pinkinshire resembles her history with the world I created, Pinkinshire. It serves as an example for the meaning of colors.

Moonmallow is a plush doll that a toy artist friend of mine created.
Her name was purely made up by me. I come up with names the easiest right as I'm falling asleep.
Before I forget ideas that run through my mind, I quickly make a note of them.
Moonmallow is a sweet sleepy monster: Moon represents her sleepy appearance & Mallow describes the sweetness within her.

There are so many different ways to name dollies & toys! The possibilities are endless.
I usually look at my dolls and create a personality for them. I give them a name that relates to their personality.

Kawaii Shapeshifter

19,100 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Party Animal 100
Umaeril
Obsidian Dreamlight

I only speak a little. I took it in High school, but haven't been great at keeping it up.

She's wearing some ill fitting things off of some of my other toys. A hoodie and some bloomers. Once I get more organized, I'm going to lug out my sewing machine and make her a frock.

She just looks too silly in the Peter Pan clothes.

Yeah, I guess the Peter Pan clothes are a bit green, lol. Anyhow you are lucky you can sew! xd

Well, I'm learning to, anyways. whee
Obsidian Dreamlight

I only speak a little. I took it in High school, but haven't been great at keeping it up.

She's wearing some ill fitting things off of some of my other toys. A hoodie and some bloomers. Once I get more organized, I'm going to lug out my sewing machine and make her a frock.

Yeah, I guess the Peter Pan clothes are a bit green, lol. Anyhow you are lucky you can sew! xd

Kawaii Shapeshifter

19,100 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Party Animal 100
Umaeril
Obsidian Dreamlight

I'm thinking of calling her Aki, which is the Japanese word for Autumn.

Do you speak Japanese? I don't, but that name sounds perfect actually. Does she have some clothes?

Obsidian Dreamlight

Do you speak Japanese? I don't, but that name sounds perfect actually. Does she have some clothes?

Kawaii Shapeshifter

19,100 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Party Animal 100
Umaeril

Your dollie is really cute. If she is kind of a mori girl then if you have not named her yet name her something like a mori girl would be named...a natural and pretty name would be nice. Like a flower name or a tree name. My dolls are named Aditi (which is a name from India meaning sky goddess) and Claribel (which I got from a poem by Tennyson).

Obsidian Dreamlight
I recently got a Pullip doll. She is the Peter Pan one, but obviously, I don't want to have her actually /be/ Peter Pan.

So I'm trying to think of a nice name to suit her.

How do you think of names for your dollies?

Do you just use the manufacture's name, or think of something else?

Your dollie is really cute. If she is kind of a mori girl then if you have not named her yet name her something like a mori girl would be named...a natural and pretty name would be nice. Like a flower name or a tree name. My dolls are named Aditi (which is a name from India meaning sky goddess) and Claribel (which I got from a poem by Tennyson).

Perfect Wrangler

Obsidian Dreamlight
Pokemon Boss

if you live in the US, i can recommend some stores that are cheap for when you acquire some extra cash whee

I'm in Canada. whee

bawaa sweatdrop
guess i can't help much then xp

Kawaii Shapeshifter

19,100 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Party Animal 100
Pokemon Boss

if you live in the US, i can recommend some stores that are cheap for when you acquire some extra cash whee

I'm in Canada. whee

Perfect Wrangler

Obsidian Dreamlight
Pokemon Boss
Obsidian Dreamlight
Pokemon Boss
Obsidian Dreamlight
Pokemon Boss

i'd love to see her in different clothes if you ever get some, i think it'll be supper cute whee

As soon as I can get some sweatdrop

Her hair is actually a cute auburn colored bob.

ah, i ordered clothes and a new wig for my doll just yesterday ^^ the new wig is like this

So pretty. I'll probably keep my dollie's hair how it is for a while. I don't have a lot of money for customizing.

neither do I (anymore) i bought my doll in the summer. and just bought her clothes yesterday >< but i think i found a really pretty outfit just hope with all my heart it fits ><

Oh, I hope so!

I'll probably have to lug out my sewing machine and learn how to make tiny clothes.

Kawaii Shapeshifter

19,100 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Party Animal 100
Pokemon Boss
Obsidian Dreamlight
Pokemon Boss
Obsidian Dreamlight
Pokemon Boss

i'd love to see her in different clothes if you ever get some, i think it'll be supper cute whee

As soon as I can get some sweatdrop

Her hair is actually a cute auburn colored bob.

ah, i ordered clothes and a new wig for my doll just yesterday ^^ the new wig is like this

So pretty. I'll probably keep my dollie's hair how it is for a while. I don't have a lot of money for customizing.

neither do I (anymore) i bought my doll in the summer. and just bought her clothes yesterday >< but i think i found a really pretty outfit just hope with all my heart it fits ><

Oh, I hope so!

I'll probably have to lug out my sewing machine and learn how to make tiny clothes.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff