Welcome to Gaia! ::

Loyal Fox

35,525 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Avant Garde 200
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Fearsome 100
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
I have a problem, I saw this really cool BJD and it was in my budge so I posted a picture of it to see what people thought about it but some of my friends who are into BJD's say "I don't think so." thing on me.
I can't afford the fancy ones I want something I like and doesn't cost an arm and a leg. What should I do?

Desirable Genius

Just get that one you like.
It's not important what other people think, as long as you love your doll. It's not like it has to cost a lot. Besides, any doll can look amazing with a good face-up, wig and clothes.
Which doll did you show?

Valiant Jackling

It's more important to buy what YOU like, not what your friends like. The main thing to focus on would be if the company is reliable. I don't know a whole lot about BJD's but I have heard some companies tend to make dolls that have issues with constant string poppings. So unless you know how to string your own doll, it could be a bit of an issue ordering from them.

Liberal Raider

5,550 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Medalist 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
What doll do you want to purchase?

I am of the opinion that if you love the doll, it's the doll for you, no matter the cost.

The BJD community can have some brand 'whores' who think if you don't buy a particular company's doll, your doll is less than theirs and they sneer at it. Those people are not your doll friends!

Our BJD group accepts ANY doll into the group, from ABS, vinyl and resin Asian dolls, to action figures, to American Girl dolls, to Tonner and Marie Osmond to handmade cloth/fiber art dolls.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff