Welcome to Gaia! ::

4,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
I realy want an ashin ball joint doll. I herd about them at Sakuracon. THERE AWSOME!!!
but they cost half a fortion each, and you have to make/buy clothes. You can attach diffrent parts making it look any way you want. you could make a male doll become a female by attaching another part.

8,800 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Elocutionist 200
*peeks in*
Hey there. I'm Aescwyn on DoA. =3

I just ordered my first doll yesterday morning; a SOOM Mixi.
Since she's my first, I splurged on her and got a fullset (doll, face-up, eyes, wig, clothes). Minus the sanding and body blushing, since I heard blushing is easily worn off and I can sand any seams myself. I've loved these dolls for a couple years now, but had given up hope of owning one any time soon since I couldn't afford it and don't really have the space. But I saw Mixi and just had to have her. I can just barely afford her, I'll make the space (but she's small, only about 30cm anyway) and she is a fairy! I love fairies... Plus, she's a limited, so if I wanted her, I had to get her before her ordering period ends on Wednesday. So now my first doll is on her way. ♥

If she hadn't come along, I think my first doll would have been a DOT Camine. As it is, he's next up on my wishlist, but I probably won't be getting him for a couple years. ^__^; I think I'm going to limit myself to one doll every 1-2 years to keep them special and save my wallet some grief.

So, yeah... =D

Shikairu Nara's Partner

Lonely Phantom

16,100 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100
Lil Crystal5
I realy want an ashin ball joint doll. I herd about them at Sakuracon. THERE AWSOME!!!
but they cost half a fortion each, and you have to make/buy clothes. You can attach diffrent parts making it look any way you want. you could make a male doll become a female by attaching another part.

Those are the Obitsu's that you are thinking of they are vinal not resin, but still acepted in the guild I'm in. Most sites dont accept vinal jsut resin Den of Angles is one of those said kind.

I have 5 razz

5,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Friendly 100
Heyyy guyzz!! I JUST ordered my first ever bjd!!
Neo MOF
Yes, from some hobbies you just have to accept they're expensive. ^w^

@ 0_Kadaj_0
I'm going to try to make him some kind of vest or coat.. no idea how am going to manage that but ok XD

don't you have a pants that you had bought for your doll? Then you can look a bit at how it's made.

I do, but they are a bit more elaborate than I'm up to. The doll came with an H.Naoto outfit and the pants are uber VK style (there are eyelets running the entire length of the legs @_@). Maybe I'll take like five seconds to just observe the stitching sweatdrop Hahaha.
Romantique Hannah Rose

Oh how exciting! :3 What company and sculpt are you getting?
@Lil Crystal5 (and other price-tag-phobics)

Just think of it this way;
Some people customize computers to work really well with internet/graphics/gaming (lots of money)
Some people build (private) boats or airplanes (very expensive)
A pet dog (or rare cat) could cost anywhere from $100 to $600 dollars (which is NOT including food, medical attention, and various necessities)

A doll is no different from the above listed hobbies. You have to begin with raw materials (in the case of animals -a young creature that must be trained) and slowly figure ways to arrange (more) important expenses around the costs of owning/customizing dolls.
Plus, I figure that a full-set doll from a nice company (such as Ringdoll) costing $600 is worth it after you figure the cost of a face-up (approx. $50) eyes (approx. $20) clothing (approx. $100) and the doll itself (that's nearly $200 dollars if you were to pay for the doll and accesories separately).
There are also cheaper and just as acceptable dolls than the big name places (big names such as Elutz, Ringdoll, etc.) like Bobobie (real resin dolls that do not exceed $400 dollars and come with eyes plus they offer LOTS of fantasy options), Pullip (although not considered a BJD by some circles they DO have positionable joints and most come with complete outfits that do not exceed $300 -some of with are less than $100!!!) and at the far end is Obitsu (the fact that they are plastic is both a pro and con: the plastic is not as nice as resin but it is very sturdy. My sister was able to get an Obitsu head, eyes, and body for about $50 with shipping!)

You just have to really think about your taste, your (realistic) price range, and whether or not this will be worth it all (I love to sew and sewing for my doll is MUCH cheaper than sewing for myself. Plus, if I make a mistake I'm not as upset to start over again biggrin )
0_Kadaj_0
@Lil Crystal5 (and other price-tag-phobics)

Just think of it this way;
Some people customize computers to work really well with internet/graphics/gaming (lots of money)
Some people build (private) boats or airplanes (very expensive)
A pet dog (or rare cat) could cost anywhere from $100 to $600 dollars (which is NOT including food, medical attention, and various necessities)

A doll is no different from the above listed hobbies. You have to begin with raw materials (in the case of animals -a young creature that must be trained) and slowly figure ways to arrange (more) important expenses around the costs of owning/customizing dolls.
Plus, I figure that a full-set doll from a nice company (such as Ringdoll) costing $600 is worth it after you figure the cost of a face-up (approx. $50) eyes (approx. $20) clothing (approx. $100) and the doll itself (that's nearly $200 dollars if you were to pay for the doll and accesories separately).
There are also cheaper and just as acceptable dolls than the big name places (big names such as Elutz, Ringdoll, etc.) like Bobobie (real resin dolls that do not exceed $400 dollars and come with eyes plus they offer LOTS of fantasy options), Pullip (although not considered a BJD by some circles they DO have positionable joints and most come with complete outfits that do not exceed $300 -some of with are less than $100!!!) and at the far end is Obitsu (the fact that they are plastic is both a pro and con: the plastic is not as nice as resin but it is very sturdy. My sister was able to get an Obitsu head, eyes, and body for about $50 with shipping!)

You just have to really think about your taste, your (realistic) price range, and whether or not this will be worth it all (I love to sew and sewing for my doll is MUCH cheaper than sewing for myself. Plus, if I make a mistake I'm not as upset to start over again biggrin )

Very well said!

The way I look at it, is that you only have one life... why not pursue something you love?! I've gotten over being shocked by the prices of these dolls [the next 2 dolls I plan to get are 400 and 500 dollars, respectively]. It's just helped to encourage me to reign in my spending habits and work on my self-control and saving.

And Bobobie and ResinSoul is a great company. The customer service is awesome... and they have resin in all sorts of colors. An MSD from them costs 128$ to 150$ ish.

Here's my Bobobie Sprite [on a ResinSoul boy body]:
User Image

5,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Friendly 100
iFirefly
Romantique Hannah Rose

Ohhh oooh ooh!! She's only gonna be a 1/6 vinyl one, cuz i don't wanna spend to much money if I'm not good at it.
She's gonna have a Nano Gretel head from Obitsu, and I was told that it will fit onto a EB-Beauty MIDI A body from Dollfie. She's gonna have light violet plastic eyes, and chaos brown hair! I am soooooo excited, but my family won't get excited with me! ^_^

5,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Friendly 100
i really love this one ^_^
Romantique Hannah Rose
iFirefly
Romantique Hannah Rose

Ohhh oooh ooh!! She's only gonna be a 1/6 vinyl one, cuz i don't wanna spend to much money if I'm not good at it.
She's gonna have a Nano Gretel head from Obitsu, and I was told that it will fit onto a EB-Beauty MIDI A body from Dollfie. She's gonna have light violet plastic eyes, and chaos brown hair! I am soooooo excited, but my family won't get excited with me! ^_^

Hehe, that's so cool! I used to have a nano Haruka on a 25cm Obitsu body. She was cute, but I wanted to upgrade to full-sized BJDs. x3x Sounds like you have some awesome ideas for her.

And I understand about the whole 'family-not-excited' thing... I have two sibs who ended up with dolls of their own, but the rest are kind of like... 'wtf'?

2,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200
I have a Marilyn Manrow Doll, She's the diamond Girl smile

5,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Friendly 100
iFirefly
Romantique Hannah Rose
iFirefly
Romantique Hannah Rose

Hehe, that's so cool! I used to have a nano Haruka on a 25cm Obitsu body. She was cute, but I wanted to upgrade to full-sized BJDs. x3x Sounds like you have some awesome ideas for her.

And I understand about the whole 'family-not-excited' thing... I have two sibs who ended up with dolls of their own, but the rest are kind of like... 'wtf'?

That's sounds so cutee!

And yeah, I'm hoping to convert my family to the ways of the bjd, but so far the only one interested is my little brother (who copies my every footstep) and he says if he gets one i have to make it AND pay for it! My sis has been being a jerk lately (thank goodness my mom is always in the room when she is! XD), and she was just picking on bjds yesterday, and i was like "Okay, Julia? Now you're picking on a whole way of life!" XD

5,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Friendly 100
Sarah_Seven_7
I have a Marilyn Manrow Doll, She's the diamond Girl smile

Cool!

5,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Friendly 100
Kareswynn
*peeks in*
Hey there. I'm Aescwyn on DoA. =3

I just ordered my first doll yesterday morning; a SOOM Mixi.
Since she's my first, I splurged on her and got a fullset (doll, face-up, eyes, wig, clothes). Minus the sanding and body blushing, since I heard blushing is easily worn off and I can sand any seams myself. I've loved these dolls for a couple years now, but had given up hope of owning one any time soon since I couldn't afford it and don't really have the space. But I saw Mixi and just had to have her. I can just barely afford her, I'll make the space (but she's small, only about 30cm anyway) and she is a fairy! I love fairies... Plus, she's a limited, so if I wanted her, I had to get her before her ordering period ends on Wednesday. So now my first doll is on her way. ♥

If she hadn't come along, I think my first doll would have been a DOT Camine. As it is, he's next up on my wishlist, but I probably won't be getting him for a couple years. ^__^; I think I'm going to limit myself to one doll every 1-2 years to keep them special and save my wallet some grief.

So, yeah... =D

Ooooh funn!! Maybe we can share each others excitement! I just ordered my first as well!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff