Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magical Hobo

Thank you! I really love the MSD stuff I've bought from you, so I hope the PM is okay. n n;
Wow, thanks a lot! I never thought of the limitations of having a doll that can't cross its legs.

I just finished another article of clothing for my doll! Its a cow kigurumi that matches a my sized kigurumi my sister and I made last year. I would have taken pictures of me and Isaac (did I mention that's the name of my Taeyang doll?) together but it was WAY too hot for me to stay in my cow suit for more than a few seconds (I got one picture and realized how miserably hot I looked, like a boiled lobster!).
The pictures will be posted on my DA probably tomorrow night (or tonight, depending on your timezone). They would've been up sooner but my sister hijacked the computer with all of the images on it gonk oh well.

My newest project for Isaac is a set of tighty whiteys. It has been bothering me that he's been going commando since I got him... just doesn't seem right that he doesn't have a good pair of underwear xd
Still haven't had the chance to post images to my DA account xp Seriously my sister has had my computer for the past couple of nights!!! This is the only computer with Photoshop and a minicard reader for easy transfer of pictures from the camera to the computer. She's currently not here, so maybe I'll FINALLY get the chance to edit those pictures and post them sweatdrop

On my project list I am finally done with the tighty whiteys and moving onward to blue jean pants. The pants are 80% finished and when I'm done with them I'll move on to blue jean shorts (or shorts overalls, like J-fashion).

On to the biggest concern at hand: I am having a HUGE amount of trouble deciding on whether to buy the Teayang doll (model SOL). He is absolutely gorgeous in the pictures! But that's the problem, the pictures from the company are ALWAYS spiffed up so much that the actual product looks nothing like it. gonk The main reason I want him is because of his dark skin (he's the only Taeyang doll with tanned skin) but some of the owner images show that his skin is a strange fake-tan like color. Then again, I keep coming across Namu (model TRUNK) dolls that are mislabeled as Taeyang SOL. Namu dolls are so hideous.... I'm glad they discontinued them xp

The more I browse and look at pictures of SOL, the more I want him! I even started thinking about names for him too.... heart

Click here to see the Pullipstyle site page for Taeyang model SOL.

P.s. Sorry if the above line looks like spam... I don't have the patience to deal with Photobucket right now so I posted a link to the website I plan to buy SOL from.
Oooo, I do like that Taeyang... He's very handsome! The tan does look a little iffy, but I really like it.

The only Taeyang I've thought about wanting to own is the Edward Scissorhands one. xD But Edward Scissorhands is one of my all time favorite movies.

Right now the dolls with precedence on my wishlist are a YoSD-sized dolly, so I can make adorable outfits for them, and a Migidoll Ryu or Miho or Juri... haven't decided which... I love them all!

Den of Angels is very useful in many respects [finding pics of certain dolls, the marketplace, and tutorials], but the community on the whole is way too clique-y for me. It kind of ticks me off. There seems to be a lot of elitism and whatnot.

Desirable Genius

I ordered some clothes from LUTS today >w< now waiting.. woo =_=''..
Ugh, the wait is the worst... I'm waiting for some extra hands at the moment.

6,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
I have a Kid Delf Lemon! Her name is Aries <3
I just looked Lemon up, and she's awfully pretty. :3

Desirable Genius

iFirefly
Ugh, the wait is the worst... I'm waiting for some extra hands at the moment.

true biggrin

And I think I have 2 - 4 weeks left before my first BJD will arrive.. @w@|| this really takes long..

Lucky Saint

15,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

So after much thought, I decided to sell my DOC Mint's head, in order to help fund my quest for more cute clothes for my first doll Duchess. I might also consider putting that off so I can get her a twin brother, but honestly one doll is good enough for me, since most dolls I've seen, or either white or tan, with a few being gray. Nothing wrong with that, but I really would love to find another light blue doll, that isn't from Bobobie.

zjfirestar's Other Half

0_Kadaj_0
Anyhoot....

Here are my two major questions:

1. How do you decide between getting a male or female doll. I'm thinking I speak for quiet a few people when I say that I can only buy one doll at a time in order to not break the bank. So how do you decide on what gender you buy (first/at all)?

I like to lean towards male dolls. For some reason I just don't like the idea of owning a girl doll... I just don't. Although I do think it would be nice to have a doll I can make dresses for (that would actually flatter their figure... men in dresses, it just doesn't make sense).

2. How do multiple doll owners find the time to "love" (as in do face-ups, make clothes, pose, ect) each and every doll. I thought that having maybe two or three dolls would be good, but I've heard some people (even on this forum) that have upwards of 10 and 12!! Why did you (multiple doll owners) decide to purchase another doll?

1. I just get what I feel like. I haven't been drawn towards a boy doll yet. I guess I just prefer having cutie girl dolls.

2. I only have 2 little ones right now... So not a big issue fo rme yet.
Another guy who collects here
I currently have two heads and one body, SD sized. but I'm planning to sell both heads and the body to fund my dream doll, a Volks Hewitt the 3rd fullset.
wayward_victorian_boy
I currently have two heads and one body, SD sized. but I'm planning to sell both heads and the body to fund my dream doll, a Volks Hewitt the 3rd fullset.

Ah, he's adorable... I want one. ><

zjfirestar's Other Half

Lazurin Ultima
wayward_victorian_boy

Have you looked at the Obitsu 1/6 scale dolls? They're very posable and easy to customize. Also VERY affordable for the doll connoisseur just starting their collection. Here's 2 really good websites to go if you're interested.

NOT GAIA WEBSITES
Parabox Distributes the dolls and accessories in Asia.

Junkyspot Distributes them in North America. Less accessories and options, but much cheaper shipping if you're over here.
MuraDarkcaves
Lazurin Ultima
wayward_victorian_boy

Have you looked at the Obitsu 1/6 scale dolls? They're very posable and easy to customize. Also VERY affordable for the doll connoisseur just starting their collection. Here's 2 really good websites to go if you're interested.

NOT GAIA WEBSITES
Parabox Distributes the dolls and accessories in Asia.

Junkyspot Distributes them in North America. Less accessories and options, but much cheaper shipping if you're over here.

Nyeh, I have a Volks MSD currently....but those sites will be of use to me. * u *

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff