Welcome to Gaia! ::

ok disas dolls re creepy rolleyes
Lazurin Ultima
Takahiro_Mitsukoshi
This is my dearest Kotomi-chan. I rooted her hair, painted her face, and designed and sewed her clothing myself! 20 cm dollfie mine I believe? Something like that. ^_^User Image

O:
She's adorable! Is Hair rooting hard?
~~~~

I have a Volks MSD Ken: [x]
Aww! Yeah it's pretty hard. It took me a couple of months working on it gradually to get it done. It seems like no matter how many times you thread through, there's always that one bald spot in the scalp. x_x
I got mine from dollmore.net and are pretty happy with them

Picture
Their Names: Octavian and Marissa
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

More Pics
http://www.dollmore.net/board/view.php?board_name=DREAMBOARD10&choose2=&choose1=&pagenow=2&ID=1645
http://www.dollmore.net/board/view.php?board_name=DREAMBOARD10&choose2=&choose1=&pagenow=1&ID=1664

Tasty Bachelorette

5,075 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Keya-Lee
I want to buy a doll but i dont know where to buy it!
somewhere cheap, but still cute

Bobobie is your best chance for cheap.
Their largest and most expensive is only $230 and the doll is 70cm.

On 9/15, my dad is ordering me Espree!
Well, I'm renaming it Beya, and she's going to be my little Emo Princess.

I have her bed ready, and her wig stands, chair, couches, eye holder, closet, some clothes, and house ready to go.
And then, we're going to be ordering her wigs and other stuff on Etsy. Someone grabbed the Maroon wig I wanted! Meanies. She's going to have 3-4 wigs, a couple of outfits, a 'LPhone', and I think a hat.
I'M SO EXCITED!!!!

Pure-hearted Dark Elf

I think they are interesting dolls. wink I like the dolls too, i have a mini shop about my unique dolls drawn by me.

Pretty. I like the Mellow Cole, but her bust is a bit too... big... for me. Is that the default face-up, or ...?

Desirable Genius

on the 23rd of July, I ordered my first BJD heart Now I have to wait <v<''.. It's Dollzone Hid (Fullset). I'm very impatiently XD haha.. I want to see his face *o*''
I ordering a doll from Resin Soul next week and hope to get it before the holiday season (they estimate shipping at 1-2 months).
The doll is well priced (200ish after shipping) is fairly big (about 60cm) and comes with eyes and a faux leather carrying case (a good value in my eyes).
I've heard people talk down Bobobie/Resinsoul but I really don't see anything wrong with them. Personally doll owning is all about your own taste and perception of "expensive". I've heard that a doll for $200 is considered cheap, but for a High School student, a $200 doll is about all I can afford at the time.

I don't understand why everyone recommends Den of Angels. They have an entire list of dolls not allowed on the site (for Marketplace or just posting). To me this sounds ridiculous! Dolls that fall under acceptable for DoA are not vastly different from those that are featured on the "not accepted" list. Hobby-ist shouldn't spend energy on singling each other out, but rather sharing their insight with the rest of the doll collecting community.

(Sorry that was my rant. sweatdrop )
@ Takahiro_Mitsukoshi

I've never heard of a guy that collects BJDs (not that its strange, its actually really cool!). I always thought that people would think I was strange for spending time and money on a hobby that could be considered "freaky" (I'll admit, there are some pretty freaky dolls out there!).
What is it about the hobby that interests you the most?

Magical Hobo

I am waiting on a Zuzu Delf Persi and a LTF Ante. I used to have a Mythdoll Leroi-Snow and two pukipukis (Pipi and Darjeeling) as well a few months back before I sold them.

I'll also have an extra open-eyed Ante faceplate when her body gets here, as her sleeping faceplate was purchased before and is off being modded (and so forth). I have a LTF sleeping Pipi faceplate lying around, too...which I'm sure will also eventually get modded and have a body.

Magical Hobo

Dapper Dabbler

0_Kadaj_0
I ordering a doll from Resin Soul next week and hope to get it before the holiday season (they estimate shipping at 1-2 months).
The doll is well priced (200ish after shipping) is fairly big (about 60cm) and comes with eyes and a faux leather carrying case (a good value in my eyes).
I've heard people talk down Bobobie/Resinsoul but I really don't see anything wrong with them. Personally doll owning is all about your own taste and perception of "expensive". I've heard that a doll for $200 is considered cheap, but for a High School student, a $200 doll is about all I can afford at the time.

I don't understand why everyone recommends Den of Angels. They have an entire list of dolls not allowed on the site (for Marketplace or just posting). To me this sounds ridiculous! Dolls that fall under acceptable for DoA are not vastly different from those that are featured on the "not accepted" list. Hobby-ist shouldn't spend energy on singling each other out, but rather sharing their insight with the rest of the doll collecting community.

(Sorry that was my rant. sweatdrop )

I like DOA although I do agree that their restrictions on some of the dolls are nothing short of retarded. To me, it just seems like the mods go off on a power trip without any (LOGICAL) reasoning behind their decisions, other than "This doll is off topic because we SAY it is. SO THERE. PTHPTHPTHP" *Insert random razzberry blowing here*

On the other hand, the forums CAN be really useful if you need information on dolls and modifying, faceups, stringing and such. I found a great tutorial to make traveling blankets to wrap dolls in when they get taken to meets and stuff. I made one for my Littlefee and it's really cute. I plan to make more of them for the rest of my group (14 and counting so far). Just as soon as my little sister gives me back my sewing machine. >_<

Also, the marketplace can be really handy, as well. Newbies can access the marketplace after a certain amount of posts and days, I think. Sometimes you can find a real bargain, or a limited doll that's been discontinued or sold out might show up.

At least four of the dolls I own have been bought from the marketplace, including a hard to find Luts 2006 elf Lishe, and an almost impossible to find Souldoll Little Kimmy (one of the only 1/6 resin boys made, which was discontinued years ago). I think there are only like three or four people on the forum who actually own one, including myself (at least only three or four people who ever posted picures of him).

Desirable Genius

@ PrincessEv
Oh, that one is so cute biggrin the eyes are pretty heart

I hope I can order a wig, and maybe eyes as well for my doll >w<'' Am still thinking a bit of it, but I already have an idea of what I want to get.

Magical Hobo

Thank you! (:
Yay! I can comment since someone post something yesterday. Anyways, I love all the pictures of the BJD. They are amazing! <3 Has anyone been to a meet-up though? I have never and I want to know what people do there. ><

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff