Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shirtless Prophet

So i have wanted to collect dolls for three years now, but since i'm new, i'm gonna start with a couple pullips, since i wanna collect bjd's.

So i know the basic things to know for newbie collectors but is there any advice you could give?

do you colect dolls? what kind?

(the doll i'm gonna get is this one)

Clicky

Romantic Lunatic

Ooh, I have the Dal girl from that same line (The Beary Fairy).

Are you talking about tips for doll collecting? Or tips for Pullips?

Doll collecting is a pretty wide topic. There aren't really many tips except get what you love. With Pullips, if you're finding that you're just not clicking with the doll, you can rewig and rechip (replace their eyes) with tutorials. It's realitively easy. biggrin

Also, don't touch the Pullip's face with it's hands or other plastics/dolls. It can cause plastic melt and look ugly. It's a chemical reaction between different plastics.

You can also replace Pullip's bodies with these things call obitsus which are basically more articulated bodies.

And careful with some clothing. Dark clothing can stain.

UHM, about doll collecting itself? Just have fun. biggrin
I find that I love taking pictures of my dolls. They're just the perfect models.

ANNND. Monster High? Perfect for cheaper collecting. P:

Shirtless Prophet

Aellos
Ooh, I have the Dal girl from that same line (The Beary Fairy).

Are you talking about tips for doll collecting? Or tips for Pullips?

Doll collecting is a pretty wide topic. There aren't really many tips except get what you love. With Pullips, if you're finding that you're just not clicking with the doll, you can rewig and rechip (replace their eyes) with tutorials. It's realitively easy. biggrin

Also, don't touch the Pullip's face with it's hands or other plastics/dolls. It can cause plastic melt and look ugly. It's a chemical reaction between different plastics.

You can also replace Pullip's bodies with these things call obitsus which are basically more articulated bodies.

And careful with some clothing. Dark clothing can stain.

UHM, about doll collecting itself? Just have fun. biggrin
I find that I love taking pictures of my dolls. They're just the perfect models.

ANNND. Monster High? Perfect for cheaper collecting. P:

Thanks^^ I'm so excited that I already looked up rewigging and obitsu up xD
Dark clothes stain? Does it depend on the fabric?

One of the reasons I want a doll is for photography
So I'm guessing that u obitsued and rewigged on of ur dolls?

(Thanks for the tips^^)

Romantic Lunatic

I THINK if you have you have color fasted fabric it won't, but don't quote me on that. I know the dolls from Pullipstyle that have dark clothes that stain bad though.

I haven't obitsued my girls yet. I'm thinking about it. But honestly I'd rather spend the money on more Pullips!

I did rewig and rechip my Pullip though:

She went from this:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Untitled by aellosferrin, on Flickr

to this:

ADAW Orange October by aellosferrin, on Flickr

Lily and Tricksi's Day Out 1 by aellosferrin, on Flickr

(That's also the Dal from the same line as the Pullip you got biggrin )

It's surprising how easy it is to change the look of them!

EDIT: OHH.
If you want to get a new wig, you can look for 8-9 (and sometimes 10 inch) will fit them. So you're not limited to Pullip specific wigs. You can get BJD wigs too. (Which mine is)

Shirtless Prophet

Aellos
I THINK if you have you have color fasted fabric it won't, but don't quote me on that. I know the dolls from Pullipstyle that have dark clothes that stain bad though.

I haven't obitsued my girls yet. I'm thinking about it. But honestly I'd rather spend the money on more Pullips!

I did rewig and rechip my Pullip though:

She went from this:
Untitled by aellosferrin, on Flickr

to this:

ADAW Orange October by aellosferrin, on Flickr

Lily and Tricksi's Day Out 1 by aellosferrin, on Flickr

(That's also the Dal from the same line as the Pullip you got biggrin )

It's surprising how easy it is to change the look of them!

EDIT: OHH.
If you want to get a new wig, you can look for 8-9 (and sometimes 10 inch) will fit them. So you're not limited to Pullip specific wigs. You can get BJD wigs too. (Which mine is)

Your dolls are so cute whee

I was actually looking at sd sized wigs the other day, sicw those fit on the doll, right?
Your doll with that wig looks kinda like celciy pullip^^
are there more problems with pullips like limbs popping off or eyes getting stuck?

Romantic Lunatic

The wigs will fit as long as they're at least 8-9 inches. biggrin I really don't know the different types of BJD very well. DX

Hrm, the only problems I know are with the Type 4 body (which is what mine is, and I think your's is most likely to be).
They hands pop off easy, but a bit of scotch or teflon tape will keep that from happening.
And the legs pop off from the knees with a very little pull, but they're supposed to do that so it's not that bad. biggrin
And the legs are creaky on my Pullip, I think that's a Type 4 body problem too. I don't think it's an issue, but it scared the crap out of my fiancee when he mess with her once. He though he broke her. ROFL

The eyes seem fine though, I haven't had issues and haven't heard of issues.

Shirtless Prophet

Aellos
The wigs will fit as long as they're at least 8-9 inches. biggrin I really don't know the different types of BJD very well. DX

Hrm, the only problems I know are with the Type 4 body (which is what mine is, and I think your's is most likely to be).
They hands pop off easy, but a bit of scotch or teflon tape will keep that from happening.
And the legs pop off from the knees with a very little pull, but they're supposed to do that so it's not that bad. biggrin
And the legs are creaky on my Pullip, I think that's a Type 4 body problem too. I don't think it's an issue, but it scared the crap out of my fiancee when he mess with her once. He though he broke her. ROFL

The eyes seem fine though, I haven't had issues and haven't heard of issues.

Your poor fiancée, he must've had the hijibeez scared out of him xD
Oh, that's good to know, I'm just so nervous cuz I'm such a clutz. And If it arrives before Xmas I can't open it till Xmas D:<

Merry Muse

16,700 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
Those are some interesting dolls. Mine are huge by comparison. Just wandered into this forum and found this thread. I collect dolls but nothing like these. I collect the Uber-Expensive American Girl Doll Line.

I have 6 dolls and hope to get a 7th for my birthday or Christmas. I collect the Historical Dolls.

If anyone is interested I can link you to the dolls.

My first one was a tenth birthday gift from my grandparents and they gave me Felicity who was from the Colonial Period.

My cousins both got the doll of their choice on their tenth birthday as well though my baby cousin was the only one that waffled as my younger cousin and I were both very firm on our favorites. She got Molly and then my baby cousin got Samantha because our Grandmother has her and probably assumed she'd get the Samantha Collection one day. Not happening. My Grandma's Samantha and the collection that goes with the doll are coming to me one day because I collect the dolls and my cousins are both stashed away in a closet somewhere at my Uncle's house. Mine are all up on shelves for display.

When I turned twelve my mother got me Kaya who is a Nez Perce? Indian. We thought she was only sticking around for a year at the time so mom got her for me and it kind of went from there.

I think I was about fourteen or fifteen when I bought my first doll and that was Kirsten who was from the Pioneer period. I was very proud of myself as she wasn't cheap.

After Kirsten I bought Julie who was from the 70's, and my mother often comments that this doll's outfits mimic the ones she wore growing up so it's a lot of fun.

After Julie came Rebecca who was the first Jewish doll added to the line and she's from the 1900's.

Last but not least is the lovely Marie Grace, I bought her last year and she's from the 1850's and New Orleans. Very lovely and rather reminds me of my mother with her eyes and her hair. A big part of the reason I picked her.

I hope to add Caroline from the war of 1812 to my collection and if I don't get her as a Birthday Christmas gift then I will probably buy her with what money I have left over after buying Christmas Gifts.

Demonic Vampire

23,715 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Befriended 100
  • First step to fame 200
You Guy may want to check A tuesday morning store near you. As they are now carrying Pullip dolls

go to

http://www.tuesdaymorning.com

then click on Collectibles
then click on Dolls
then click on Jun Planning

and you will see them.

I want the Tiger Lily doll.

Lonely Lunatic

yes; i collect dolls; i used to collect taeyang dolls only; not pullips.
as you mentioned bjds; im into them and im saving up to buy my very first!~ :3
and cute pullip!~ pullips are very fragile so handle with care; my taeyang boys already have feet and shoulder problems... -_-''
anyway, good luck on getting a doll!!! (;

Aged Lunatic

3,400 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Market Browser 100
Do the boys have their boyish equipment? whee

Perfect Wrangler

aww, adorable, i have only one doll >,< i would suggest bobobie, they have cheap good quality dolls.
also, if you live in the US junkyspot.com is a wonderful site i highly advise you check it out *.*

Shirtless Prophet

saeryun
yes; i collect dolls; i used to collect taeyang dolls only; not pullips.
as you mentioned bjds; im into them and im saving up to buy my very first!~ :3
and cute pullip!~ pullips are very fragile so handle with care; my taeyang boys already have feet and shoulder problems... -_-''
anyway, good luck on getting a doll!!! (;

I got the doll for christmas and won't let anyone touch it cuz i'm really paranoid. When i go to customize im gonna keep her hair cuz it's so pretty, buti think i'll get some glass green or blue eyes and change her style to more of a chic style.
When I got the doll, her left arm likes to fall off.

Shirtless Prophet

Pokemon Boss
aww, adorable, i have only one doll >,< i would suggest bobobie, they have cheap good quality dolls.
also, if you live in the US junkyspot.com is a wonderful site i highly advise you check it out *.*

doesnt bobobie sell doll peices too? and sadly i cannot, for i am now in canada. wouldn't of made a difference when I was in france either.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff