Welcome to Gaia! ::

Perfect Wrangler

Caitle
Pokemon Boss
aww, adorable, i have only one doll >,< i would suggest bobobie, they have cheap good quality dolls.
also, if you live in the US junkyspot.com is a wonderful site i highly advise you check it out *.*

doesnt bobobie sell doll peices too? and sadly i cannot, for i am now in canada. wouldn't of made a difference when I was in france either.

that's to bad D:

4,475 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
Oh hey, a fellow Canadian!

I've been looking into dolls lately too though I don't have any yet (once I can afford it though!). I've been eyeing Aru from eluts.com for a while now. I was thinking of starting off with a tiny delf since they're cheaper but I know that if I do that, I'll just stick to tiny ones and never get Aru so I'm gonna save up for her first.

I've also been trying to find other porcelain dolls like this one my grandma had somewhere. You can't change their hair and eyes and stuff and they have soft bodies. I just can't find them anywhere (except for a few at Value Village but most of them are broken, and not just a little broken). I'm just sad 'cause my grandma had a really nice one but everyone cleaned up and now she seems to have gone missing.

Shirtless Prophet

Kandi Em
Oh hey, a fellow Canadian!

I've been looking into dolls lately too though I don't have any yet (once I can afford it though!). I've been eyeing Aru from eluts.com for a while now. I was thinking of starting off with a tiny delf since they're cheaper but I know that if I do that, I'll just stick to tiny ones and never get Aru so I'm gonna save up for her first.

I've also been trying to find other porcelain dolls like this one my grandma had somewhere. You can't change their hair and eyes and stuff and they have soft bodies. I just can't find them anywhere (except for a few at Value Village but most of them are broken, and not just a little broken). I'm just sad 'cause my grandma had a really nice one but everyone cleaned up and now she seems to have gone missing.

Oh my gosh, it's such a beautiful doll. You must have alot of patience to be able to save up for her.

I have three dolls like that, like the ones your grandma had. Though, they are packed away for safe keeping. Just keep searching!

So I also got my doll two months ago, and I plan to make her style a girly style, but with a brown and cream colour scheme. I made her one dress already, and I'm quite proud. sorry about the large image
User Image

Perfectionist

14,400 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image
I apologize if all this information seems repetitive, but I participate in a lot of doll threads here...
So sometimes I tend to repeat myself! ^__^

I've been a doll collector my entire life-- for 28 years! Dolls are in my blood: my grandma & mom are both antique doll collectors, dealers & repairers. I grew up in a house filled with hundreds of dolls & was able to attend some really amazing conventions from a young age. My hobby extends all the way from Barbie & Polly Pocket to Lee Middleton, Ginny (especially the early composition Toddles dolls), Blythe, Pullip, BJD, pose dolls, Jerry Berrys & many more. Dolls are my life & I've dedicated my life to the creation of high end custom Blythe dolls. I started my own doll business, Pinkinshire, last year & it should be officially launched within the next few months.

My advice to anyone new to the general doll hobby would be this: Pace yourself. There's no reason you should feel as though you need to rush into the hobby. The doll world is vast & full of lots of amazing dolls & collectors. Before you invest in any type of collectible doll, do your research. With the internet available these days, there is SO much information available with the click of a few keys. You would be very surprised at how easy it is to get a good deal online-- or to get completely cheated by some untrustworthy seller! Knowledge is everything in the doll world. 3nodding

Here are some of the dolls in my dolly family:

Plum, a stock Kozy Kape Blythe doll

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
More Plum Greatness by Happily Candied, on Flickr

Roslin Pinkinshire, my very first full Pinkinshire Orphan custom

The Making of Roslin Pinkinshire by Happily Candied, on Flickr

Pinkachu, a one-of-a-kind Hello Kitty Blythe custom customized by a friend of mine

Pinkachu's BlytheCon 2011 Outfit by Happily Candied, on Flickr

Ethereal, a limited edition Jerry Berry doll called Summer Song Birds Berry

Ethereal: Part Angel, Part Star by Happily Candied, on Flickr

Honey Tree, a limited edition Latidoll Mystic Miel Vampire (white skin); adopted out

Rare Lati White Skin Mystic Miel Vampire - 1st Lati Vampire Series by Happily Candied, on Flickr

Lollynd, a gorgeous vintage Japanese pose doll from the 1970's

Lollynd by Happily Candied, on Flickr

Hue, the original Pullip Noir released in the very early Pullip era; adopted out

Oh, Hue by Happily Candied, on Flickr

Mabelle, a composition Ginny called a Toddles doll from the 1940's

Mabelle: An Early 1940s Vogue Ginny (Toddles) Doll by Happily Candied, on Flickr
kunzite33
Do the boys have their boyish equipment? whee

They do actually xD haha in different sizes depending on their age >w<

Sparkly Fatcat

i have 4 bjds~ >w< i want to buy a couple of pullips/taeyangs too~ >w<

Demonic Shapeshifter

11,450 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Trick or Treat 100
I collect Monster High dolls and I used to collect living dead dolls smile

Shikairu Nara's Partner

Lonely Phantom

16,100 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100
Here are some sibling pictures of my two resin ones. Hallow and Grimm ^^

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image
Koiice
kunzite33
Do the boys have their boyish equipment? whee

They do actually xD haha in different sizes depending on their age >w<

Ringdoll males have 'working' parts, and Dragondoll boys have interchangeable parts! blaugh

I collect all kinds of dolls, including BJDs. I really like dolls from the 80s but they're getting scarcer.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff