Welcome to Gaia! ::

jelly of all you rich folk

I only had one of those make-up Teresa for years, because apparently Asian = black
then about a year before I was ~too old for dolls~ I got a really ridiculously frou-frou Barbie. SHE WAS AWESOME

Kind of feel like a dickhead for not buying those Star Trek barbies though.
I had it heart from different countries..(mostly came from relatives and family friends) smile way cool.. i loved the one that came from japan .. it really look anime-ish smile and now.. they're all kept in a box. sweet childhood memories smile

5,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200
Sailor Tin Nyanko
Barbie keeps having meltdowns

So the teens and under 13 on here aren't going to know Barbie well.

You need some age 20+ users to notice this.

I have Barbies from like the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's.

I have some dinky things that came on the original Barbies. Like their little paper story thingy about the character.

The old old collectors that were alive when the first Barbie came out are nasty people ( some of them) that think they ARE Barbie. I can't stand them. stare

i love the old ones that had the wigs... a lot better than cutting hair... and mom didn't get as pissed

5,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200
sioned98
I had a couple when I was younger, always preferred them to Bratz dolls. I found those things kind of creepy with their massive heads and feet that came off with their shoes... xp

bratz are scary

Beloved Cutie-Pie

27,640 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
Ariana Kaelar
sioned98
I had a couple when I was younger, always preferred them to Bratz dolls. I found those things kind of creepy with their massive heads and feet that came off with their shoes... xp

bratz are scary

My cousin has those, but she's missing their shoes. So they look pegged. They freak me out.

Valiant Jackling

Sailor Tin Nyanko

I have some dinky things that came on the original Barbies. Like their little paper story thingy about the character.

The old old collectors that were alive when the first Barbie came out are nasty people ( some of them) that think they ARE Barbie. I can't stand them. stare

I think most little girls know what Barbie is. Bratz had their stint, but Barbie is still huge. Will as many kids be into them as those who grew up in the 80's and early 90's? Probably not, but I rather doubt most little girls haven't at least heard of Barbie. Heck, Barbie virtually has it's own isle in a lot of toy stores (or a large section of an isle) xP
WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Why did I never look for these doll threads before now O_O. I found the Asian Ball Joint Dol (ABJD's) thread too.... WOOT!... I must take this up with my primary account (yup this is just a mule razz ).Anywho... As an intro of sorts I am more widely know as Tiku (it's part of my main email.. not this one). My other primary Gaia persona is Alzora.

My first official Barbie was the 1971 Malibu Barbie... yes the one that is in one of the new 'reproduction sets. But I never had the 'Lemon Kicker' outfit crying I even still have the original bathing suit for her. Saddly a dog chewed up the doll crying crying (Side note, I am 40+). In our house we have a wood (fake) paneled room that has taken on a strange pink glow eek rofl mrgreen According to others I have a rather large collection. It spans decades and era's of Barbie.

To me, Barbies best 'new' gimmick is the 'swappin styles' heads. OH MY GOD! The number of replacement dolls that would not have been needed because of kids cutting dollies hair! LOL This is an awsome idea.... 'chopped off all of her hair... no problem... just get a new head!' ^^ Well thats it for now ttyl as Alzora !

IRL Mecha

35,450 Points
  • Mid-Rank Major 50
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Monster Hunter 100
Time Ticking Sonata
And I bet anyone whos ever owned a Barbie made Barbie and Ken do it.
Admit it! >:O
Of course. But I also had lesbian Barbies and gay Kens. and there was that one time one of my Barbies came home and her Ken was doing another Barbie. I was a very odd child. biggrin . I had (and still have) a massive pile of the stupid things, but they're now packed well away so I don't have to look at 'em anymore.
i had so msany whwen i was little i loves them so much
Erailea
Sailor Tin Nyanko

I think most little girls know what Barbie is. Bratz had their stint, but Barbie is still huge. Will as many kids be into them as those who grew up in the 80's and early 90's? Probably not, but I rather doubt most little girls haven't at least heard of Barbie. Heck, Barbie virtually has it's own isle in a lot of toy stores (or a large section of an isle) xP
barbies and bratz where my favorite and yes it might sound perverted but i think every little kid has to have done it once take off barbies clothes and laugh come on
I remember a discussion about Barbie once in my ethics class...

Teacher - Barbie wouldn't be able to live, you know.

Guy - Yes, 'cause she's made of plastic.

xd Perhaps you had to be there...
Had a whole house when I was little.
I had tons of them + 4 houses, a car, a boat, a motorhome, ... to much to write down here smile
I was really sad when I was getting to old for barbie
Not another teenaged girl
I had tons of them + 4 houses, a car, a boat, a motorhome, ... to much to write down here smile
I was really sad when I was getting to old for barbie

eek LEARN THIS NOW!

YOU ARE NEVER TO OLD FOR BARBIE wink mrgreen

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out