Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gambino Believer

41,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100
I'll just say this... I'll be dead and decaying in the ground, and I'll still be collecting toys.
Same here.

Bashful Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Married 100
Nope! You can never be too old for toys :3 i still have a billion stuffed animals at 22 and i don't plan on stopping any time soon. if it makes you happy and you enjoy it then why not?

Feral Cat

7,425 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Honestly, no one is too old for toys. The only time I take age into consideration is when buying them, really.
Like, I collect Monster High dolls, and am in Toys R Us all the time. If there's one of a doll and there's a kid eyeballing it too, I'm not touching it, even if it's a must have for me. The target audience is children, after all, and I don't want to be the jerk adult basically taking it from a child.
So yeah, never too old for toys, but I definitely think there's a point where you need to take the target age range into consideration if you buying it is going to ruin a little kid's day.

Crystal Phantom

17,650 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Invisibility 100
Ametriine
Honestly, no one is too old for toys. The only time I take age into consideration is when buying them, really.
Like, I collect Monster High dolls, and am in Toys R Us all the time. If there's one of a doll and there's a kid eyeballing it too, I'm not touching it, even if it's a must have for me. The target audience is children, after all, and I don't want to be the jerk adult basically taking it from a child.
So yeah, never too old for toys, but I definitely think there's a point where you need to take the target age range into consideration if you buying it is going to ruin a little kid's day.
Yeah I couldnt do that to a kid thank god for online.

Galactic Shapeshifter

Never. Just don't be weird and make it everything. that kind of obsession is for younger kids.

Friendly Gaian

4,950 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
never!!! I still have mine and I won't even let my nephews near them!!! wink

Friendly Seeker

5,600 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
No never. Especially BJDs. heart
haha no blaugh
NEVER, EVER, EVER...I STILL COLLECT MY LIVING DEAD DOLLS, AND ALL MY HOT WHEELS... lol

In a relationship with every woman

Diamond Dog

14,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Megathread 100
No. I would like to drop my favorite quote.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. ― C.S. Lewis

I've also seen "I'm too old for ___" attitude with cartoons. I'm 24 and I just went to see Minions couple weeks ago with my 44 year old friend because she wanted to see it and her boyfriend wasn't interested. Our 31 year old friend also joined, but he was there more for the company and because we had agreed to go out for a drink afterwards.

Man-Hungry Receiver

Akoti
I'm 17, and I'm wondering if I should still get the occasional stuffed animal and/or toy. It's fun for me, but I'm wondering if I'm too old. I've been trying not to play around with this one minion toy that says "Bananas!" then laughs, because of this reason.

So, what I'm asking is, can people ever be too old for toys, and if so, are 17 year-olds too old for toys?

nope. you do you. i'm 18 and i felt kind of the same way at your age, and i'm still struggling with it. but my advice is that as long as it's not cutting into necessary funds and you absolutely know you'll still play with it and enjoy for a long time it then go for it.

Newbie Explorer

I buy myself a stuffed animal once in a while if I like it enough.

I think as we age, buying ourselves toys once in a while is a good thing. It's a comfort thing I believe.
I'm 16 years of age and I still get dolls and teddies. Just the other day I bought 4 Monster High dolls and I love them so bits. (Not literally of course). Toys are still a big part of me and they help keep me sane. They remind me of the child I was and really I still am a child. I don't care what people think, I love them and I'll never stop. It's just the same with Disney. Oh and don't even get me started on Schleich and Breyer Horses. They're beautiful

Obsessive Shoujo

18,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Cool Cat 500
Not at all , a lot of people collect it's just when it comes to Toys it's perceived differently to older people for some reason. I really fail to see the difference collecting, Buttons, Stamps, China, Spoons, Shoes, Makeup, ect collecting is collecting no matter what it is.

I'm in my early 20's and I collect Anime Figures, Manga, Games, Plushies and a few other misc things (I wouldn't say my collection is huge compared to some people but its a nice size) but overall I enjoy it and it makes me happy. The only thing that would make this hobby more fun is if I had someone to share it with irl but other than that I love it. I admit in the back of my head it sometimes slips "maybe I'm to old or I should stop" but then I thought about it define "being an adult?" because even partying can be seen as immature.

I think we feel this way because the gen. before us didn't have as much access to the internet so it wasn't as known about people and collecting but turns out millions of people collect stuff!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff