Welcome to Gaia! ::

Romantic Grabber

So i just got a Sebastion nendoroid. He is the bestest little nendoroid and i couldnt wait to get him! well, today i got him, opened him up and he didnt feel the same as my kaito and Miku nendos. His face is shiny, poorly painted (in my opinion) and he seems smaller in comparison. Can you guys tell me ways you could tell if a nendoroid is bootleg? Just to confirm my suspisions..

Aged Seeker

Cheap painting jobs and things that are discolored from what they should be are a big tip off. Also, if you bought it for under $25, it is most likely a fake.

Romantic Grabber

darnn. well ok. thank you! :3
If it feels fake, it probably is..

Sorry to hear that, cuz Nendos are so dang expensive! But so cute... oAo

Romantic Grabber

haha thx. :3 and ikr? i really want the Len and Rin ones but they are like sold out everywhere!! "OTL
I knooow! I want one of Luka. D:
Sold out as well, orz.

Business Gaian

3,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Millionaire 200
I just bought a snow miku and she turned out all glossy and just terrible D':

Romantic Grabber

Devious Elucifer
I just bought a snow miku and she turned out all glossy and just terrible D':

i know the feeling sad I was so psyched for Sebby! but then the dreaded shininess Q-Q haha and i was really dissapointed that the hands didnt even come out >:T

Soffbord's Waifu

If you want to be able to find a real Sebastian nendoroid I would recomend Mandarake or My figure collection. I can gurantee you that nothing there is fake and most of them sell them for pretty good prices. C: Ebay always makes them look so pricy. :C Come on 300$ for the Len figma that you can find for 3000 JPY at Mandarake...?

Sparkly Phantom

8,150 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
I would reccomend AmiAmi, it's only official figures, and normally better prices.

Valiant Jackling

It'd technically be called a knockoff, not a bootleg. Bootlegs refer to movies and things of that nature. Knockoffs refer to pretty much everything else that isn't made my the actual company but is made to appear like it does (purses, wallets, toys, etc).

It sounds like you purchased a knockoff.

Golden Bunny

I've gotten two bootlegs myself, unfortunately. ;n;
Here's some ways to tell if its a bootleg:

- It doesn't have an authenticity sticker. Real ones sometimes don't have these.
- The box is damaged or the color's off.
- The figure is a different color than what its suppose to be(ex: It has dark yellow/orange hair, when it should be light yellow).
- The face is shiny or glossy. Remember, real ones will always have matte faces.
- There are scuff marks, tears, or damage on the figure.
- The overall quality is very poor.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces