Welcome to Gaia! ::

I remember when I first came across the initial assortment of Beast Wars toys way back when - there had been no press on the impending release, no advertising what-so ever, and the television program was quite some time off. All I recognized at first was the an assortment of transforming robot toys and the distinctive series banner upon the packaging; I had no idea what I was looking at. Released by Kenner, I actually thought these were knock-offs, stealing the names of some of my beloved Transformers - I had no idea that Kenner was now part of Hasbro, and this was the revival line of Transformers itself! Hell, I was even planning to voice my outrage officially to the powers-that-be!!

Beast Wars was an interesting line. There were some truly great figures (Transmetal Megatron) and some utter abominations (Injector). All in all, a pretty pleasing series. I have most of the Australian-released toys, barring one or two. They don't possess the same level of class as their Generation 1 predecessors, but they do represent a intriguing evolution of the line. Messy at times, but inspiring the resurrection of Cybertron, they have to be admired. Yeah, I can say I dig 'em.
i used to love the old beast wars then they had to ruin it and i stopped watching it

Stubborn Veteran

30,990 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I do have some of the figures but I can't say I'm all that enthusiastic about them. It's one of those lines that is just to hit & miss.
(( Hey, now what the heck happened to my last post?! *sigh* Is Gaia seeking to thwart me in the forums yet again...?! gonk ))

6,450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Statustician 100
I only got a few of the toys. I'm more a fan of their artwork (in the series) rather than the toys. G1 toys are more to my fancy. 3nodding

Shirtless Lunatic

9,600 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
man....I remember a while back I spent nearly six months looking for the Transmetal II BlackArachnia...three years later I found her and the Beast Machines version on Ebay for cheap....god bless Ebay....
i have like 20 of them my poor poor scorpanok kept breaking i swear i hated that thing its claw keeps breaking and i would be like DAMN IT...*rant over*
OMG IT JUST CLICKED TO ME now i remeber why Ravage was a (cat panther thingy) in beast wars he was one of those little transformers that sound wave had god damn i feel like an idoit i'v been thinking about that for 7 years....and i never asked anyone cause i thought thay would have laughed at me GAH well atleast i know now

Aged Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Cool Cat 500
  • The Sweetest 250
here's a tidbit, Ravage X-9 is also Ravage in the TF Alternator/BT series wink

as per the BW's i got the Gestalts and Op Op
love them to death specially the TM2 Megatron Dragon xd
I have around 50 of them. My favorite is still Waspinator, because he's just so damn cool in the show. His toy is kinda weird, but I still like it.
Velg
Remember the old Beast Wars toys? They transformed and everything. I had several of them. Both versions of Rat-trap original and transmetal 1, the transmeta 1, Cheetor, and the transmetal 2 Jawbreaker. Never got the transmetal 2 Cheetor, i wanted him pretty badly. That and Silverbolt. Anyone else collect these? I still have all of mine, how about you?

I have several figures.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces