Welcome to Gaia! ::

Charmed Rabbit

19,450 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Let's have some anime card discussions! Here are some sample questions to get us started:
Who else collects anime cards and what series are they from? Why do you like them? Do you only buy, only trade, or both? How do you store them? What is the card your most proud of? What is the card you want the most?

DISCLAIMER: You're welcome to talk about CGC/TCG sets as part of your collection, but please don't play them or post looking for other players in here.

Charmed Rabbit

19,450 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
I'm so excited; I just finished and officially opened my Ojamajo Doremi Trading Cards Center! It follows the same concept of my Card Captor Sakura Trading Cards Center and has set information and scans of the card sets!

To begin, I'll answer my own questions for everyone. whee

Besides Doremi and CCS, I also collect cards from Sailor Moon and Chicchana Yukitsukai Sugar.

I'm not sure how I got sucked into card collecting. sweatdrop I used to say cards were really stupid, but I picked up a pack of CCS PP1 cards at an anime convention and was upset because I didn't get all of the cards. I went back to get more and that was the end to my "cards are stupid" days. xd

I think I just like the images. I used to collect anime cels and still have a nice collection of them, but cards are so much cheaper and it's possible to have so many more of them! Series like Doremi and Sugar are also CG-only, so it makes it easier to get cute images of the characters.

To get my cards, I have bought and traded. Auction sites and other collector's card sales are a great place to find cards! I keep as many cards in binders as I can, but I always seem to run out of 9-pocket pages. The cards that don't have pages live in shoeboxes. xd

I'm not sure which cards I'm most proud of. Probably my CCS Carddass 2 and Seal Members 1 sets because they were so hard to find. I'm also working hard at finishing my Doremi CGC sets and it makes me feel great to cross more cards off my list! biggrin
I play Yugioh and Duel Masters. Such greatness.
Oh dear god... you had to ask me...

So... all last year, I collected Gundam Wafers DX cards... what they were were a chocolate wafer, packaged with a single trading card. 1 cost anywhere from 80-100 yen (65-85cents)... of course you take into account that I got doubles sometimes, but I did collect about 150 of these damn things. Didn't finish the 168 card set, though, unfortunately. Next time I go back to Japan, the DX set will probably be cheaper though, so I'll finish it off. The new (5th) set is out though, and I've seen it, it's great too, so I'd like that also.

Charmed Rabbit

19,450 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
linlinchan

So... all last year, I collected Gundam Wafers DX cards... what they were were a chocolate wafer, packaged with a single trading card. 1 cost anywhere from 80-100 yen (65-85cents)... of course you take into account that I got doubles sometimes, but I did collect about 150 of these damn things. Didn't finish the 168 card set, though, unfortunately. Next time I go back to Japan, the DX set will probably be cheaper though, so I'll finish it off. The new (5th) set is out though, and I've seen it, it's great too, so I'd like that also.

Neat! I saw the complete set of Ojamajo Doremi seal cards that came with candies on the Yahoo Japan auctions once, but didn't bid on them. I've never seen them again and now I really wish I had gotten them; they were cute! whee

I would love to go to Japan and visit some card stores or time my visit with a card festival/event. That would be so much fun! 4laugh
chibixane
linlinchan

Neat! I saw the complete set of Ojamajo Doremi seal cards that came with candies on the Yahoo Japan auctions once, but didn't bid on them. I've never seen them again and now I really wish I had gotten them; they were cute! whee

I would love to go to Japan and visit some card stores or time my visit with a card festival/event. That would be so much fun! 4laugh

Card festival? Never seen one of those during my time over there. There are stores that sell loose cards, though.

Charmed Rabbit

19,450 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
linlinchan
Card festival? Never seen one of those during my time over there. There are stores that sell loose cards, though.

Well, the Ojamajo Doremi CGC website lists the Card Game Fest 2004 Winter event as being held in the Tokyo Sunshine Convention Center on December 5th. One of them exists, at least. whee
I have a huge collection of Sailor Moon trading cards - American, Japanese, prizes from candy boxes, etc. and that's about it. I'm not an avid card collector but as a child I used to spend all my allowance on cards. I think the most unique Sailor Moon cards I have are oversized SuperS ones from Japan.
chibixane
Let's have some anime card discussions! Here are some sample questions to get us started:
Who else collects anime cards and what series are they from? Why do you like them? Do you only buy, only trade, or both? How do you store them? What is the card your most proud of? What is the card you want the most?

DISCLAIMER: You're welcome to talk about CGC/TCG sets as part of your collection, but please don't play them or post looking for other players in here.

I use to buy pokemon and yu-gi-oh cards.

Charmed Rabbit

19,450 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
elscorcho96
I have a huge collection of Sailor Moon trading cards - American, Japanese, prizes from candy boxes, etc. and that's about it. I'm not an avid card collector but as a child I used to spend all my allowance on cards. I think the most unique Sailor Moon cards I have are oversized SuperS ones from Japan.

Huge? Really? eek How long have you been collecting? I only started collecting Sailor Moon about a year ago and am still struggling with finding the cards I need. I wish now that I hadn't waited so long to start collecting. The cards would have been cheaper and maybe a little easier to find a few years ago. xp
I haven't collected for years now - my entire collection is from when I was a kid and Sailor Moon merchandising was still abundant. I've found that aside from anime shops and expos, the best places to find Sailor Moon cards are antique expos (which always seem to have one or two anime booths, often which sell subbed bootlegs) and, if there's one near you, a Chinatown or Japantown. Prices are usually ok at all three locations - it just depends upon the dealer.

Charmed Rabbit

19,450 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
elscorcho96
I haven't collected for years now - my entire collection is from when I was a kid and Sailor Moon merchandising was still abundant. I've found that aside from anime shops and expos, the best places to find Sailor Moon cards are antique expos (which always seem to have one or two anime booths, often which sell subbed bootlegs) and, if there's one near you, a Chinatown or Japantown. Prices are usually ok at all three locations - it just depends upon the dealer.

Ah hah! I just checked your profile and that explains it; you're from California! I enjoy browsing around antique expos, but I've never seen even one anime booth at any of them. There also aren't any Chinatowns or Japantowns in Texas, where I live. xp There is a small cluster of Korean grocery stores about 1-1.5 hours away that carry some anime items and Japanese candies/foods, but I forgot exactly where they were. The last Japanese grocery store I knew of folded about three years ago. sad

I've been getting my cards mostly off of eBay and occassionally the Yahoo Japan auctions. Some collectors also have sales every now and then and I'll order a bunch of cards. My Card Captor Sakura trading list used to be huge with tons of rare cards and I traded a lot in the beginning. I don't know if it's the US economy or that the series are now so old, but there doesn't seem to be as much interest in collecting as their used to be. confused

Charmed Rabbit

19,450 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
eek Woooooooow! Last night I used "Buy It Now" on eBay to get a set of PP14 cards for only $80!!! It has all 18 prisms and the 36 card Stars set! 4laugh That's only about $4.45 per prism, not counting the regulars! I can't believe I got so lucky with them; I currently only have 7 regular PP14 cards. Now I just need to find the first (hard to find) 36 card SuperS set and the foils! whee
Congratulations on the good deal smile I wouldn't spend that much on cards at one time (seeing as I never really have 80 dollars all at once sweatdrop ) but I know I've spent well over 80 on my collection (which now that I've compared it to a few on the net seems very small).

That's too bad that you don't have any asian shopping districts in your area - they're a great source for well, asian anything, really.

Charmed Rabbit

19,450 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
elscorcho96
Congratulations on the good deal smile I wouldn't spend that much on cards at one time (seeing as I never really have 80 dollars all at once sweatdrop ) but I know I've spent well over 80 on my collection (which now that I've compared it to a few on the net seems very small).

That's too bad that you don't have any asian shopping districts in your area - they're a great source for well, asian anything, really.

Thanks! It's been almost a full day since I won and I'm still extremely bouncy and excited. But...er...that's not all I've bought lately. xd I also have coming soon: *ahem*

Sailor Moon
PP1 Prism #45 and Prism #47
PP2 #51 prism

Card Captor Sakura
2 boxes of Trading Collection 2 pre-ordered

Ojamajo Doremi
CGC 1 Promo 2

CGC 1: Prism #11, 14, 26, 104-106, 111, 114, 118, 126, 155, full box
CGC 2: Promo 9, Promo 13, T01-T03, Prism #240, Prism #246, Prism #258, full box
CGC 3: Prism 396 parallel
CGC 4: Promo 35 and Promo 45
CGC 5: 4 boxes pre-ordered
Seal Set 4: 12 packs

I don't even want to know what all that adds to. xd In my defense, I work full-time and my job recently added mandatory overtime. My checks have been so nice lately, I jokingly proclaimed that I was going to spend an entire paycheck on cards for myself for Christmas! I really did mean it for a joke at the time, but I decided to really do it. whee It's really paid off, too! I have completed almost all of Doremi CGC 1-3 cards that were available in the boxes. Now, all I have to do is track down the super-rares and event/promo cards!

I'm truly sorry for rambling so much about cards. xd whee

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces