Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anyone over 18 who still love to play and be a child at heart? I'm 20 years old and I got a kids meal at McDonads and after eating I started playing the toy, which caused a lot of strange looks my way. I miss being a kid, when you could do childish things and have no one care.

Hunter

As long as you're a responsible adult it really doesn't matter what you do. I don't really play with my toys but I don't care if other people do

Invisible Regular

9,750 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
10_Ace_of_Spades
Anyone over 18 who still love to play and be a child at heart? I'm 20 years old and I got a kids meal at McDonads and after eating I started playing the toy, which caused a lot of strange looks my way. I miss being a kid, when you could do childish things and have no one care.

who cares what other people think? i'm 19 and still buy toys and I have no problem with teh fact that people think thats odd. you liek what you like and if someone thinks its weird then too bad.
I do scratch my head a bit at the idea of buying a kids meal when you could just get dollar menu stuf and pay extra for the toy and it would be about the same price only more filling
however I wont ciriticize you for doing something that you enjoy.
a sad fact is that america fails to understand one thing: there are a LOT of really awsome toys out there, and not everyone loses interested when they get older and has a BS sterio type that every adult who still likes toys in an absolute loser.
which is untrue, stick to what you like man and dont ever let anyone tell you its weird or wrong!

Valiant Jackling

Psh. I go to flea markets and hit up like every toy booth. Lol. And I'm in my 20's. Bought a BK DOTM toy last year when they were out too.

As far as I see it, as long as you are collecting / playing with toys responsibly, who cares. But if you're skipping payments on bills or cheating yourself of food so you can buy them, there's a real issue there and it needs to be addressed.

Otherwise have a ball. I certainly do. My Transformers collection is pretty extensive xD I also collect Tin Toys, but in a much more casual manner. I only get a few a year (last year was 4 or 5). Transformers are MUCH easier to find because just about every big box store sells them, where as Tin Toys are near impossible to find outside of small privately owned toy store. So focusing on plastic crack is easier xP But I do love Tin Toys! They're so charming!
Erailea
Psh. I go to flea markets and hit up like every toy booth. Lol. And I'm in my 20's. Bought a BK DOTM toy last year when they were out too.

As far as I see it, as long as you are collecting / playing with toys responsibly, who cares. But if you're skipping payments on bills or cheating yourself of food so you can buy them, there's a real issue there and it needs to be addressed.
cat_rofl *Waffles runs away*

Valiant Jackling

[NPC] Waffles the Cat
Erailea

cat_rofl *Waffles runs away*

hey you, cat, stop quoting me when I'm editing my posts... and how did my post summon you O.o

I must have catnip in my pockets...

Lady Bibliophile

I've been having major inner child moments this week. My boy friend and I are prepping a huge number of action figures for a garage sale and I have to admit though i didn't really play with action figures as a child I'm having real fun discovering some of them. I will admit even at twenty six I've been guilty of playing with all the ninja turtle toys so much the last few days that I'm not even sure they will make it to getting sold now.
The key is to get a kid.
No one cares if you're being childish as long as you're doing it next to a kid.
DanyTheMe
The key is to get a kid.
No one cares if you're being childish as long as you're doing it next to a kid.

One of the main reasons I work in a nursery =)

Gambino Gekko

6,500 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Champion 300
  • Flatterer 200
I'm in my early 20s and the only reason I stopped buying toys is that I don't have enough money for all the Legos I'd love to build - I have a lot of responsible adult things to pay for and I just don't make enough money. confused I still sleep with plushies when I can get away with it, and the kids I babysit are definitely pleased with how willing I am to play with them.

Lady Bibliophile

Also, I think a lot of adults justify their toys by calling them collectibles not toys. I bought a stuffed flying monkey the other day and i will admit I call it a collectible but its really a toy.

Barton Champion

5,900 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Olympian 200
  • First step to fame 200
I'll never stop playing with LEGO!
I'm 20 and I still play on the swings in the park. xd
Blueberry Jamcakes
I'm 20 and I still play on the swings in the park. xd

I love swings! biggrin

Shy Kitten

I believe you should hold on to any ounce of innocence you can in this world.
I'm 21, love playgrounds, collect lalaloopsy dolls, and babytalk every animal and baby I see until they're sick of me. Enjoying life is releasing your inner child. :3

Never gonna give you up!
User Image
1mil/2 million

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out