Welcome to Gaia! ::

Vermillion Phantom

11,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Partygoer 500
I'm totally a kid at heart! <3

If I could get away with it, I would absolutely rebuild my Barbie and miniature collections! biggrin

Devoted Sage

I went to McDonald's multiple times in a short period to buy the My Little Pony toys with a friend. We felt silly, but it was too much fun to care.

Rainbow Fatcat

9,050 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
I still get happy meals. And still buy toys too. My Dad says "Aren't you a little old for that stuff?" I'm like " talk2hand b***h please, I'm only 17,"

No, I actually don't say that, but the way I see it, I will always be like this. ('Childish') and there is nothing wrong with it. smile

Invisible Regular

9,750 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
10_Ace_of_Spades
Anyone over 18 who still love to play and be a child at heart? I'm 20 years old and I got a kids meal at McDonads and after eating I started playing the toy, which caused a lot of strange looks my way. I miss being a kid, when you could do childish things and have no one care.

I just go ahead and do childish things and don't care who cares.
you like what you like and anyone who says that's wrong can shut up and get out.
Meowflake
I still get happy meals. And still buy toys too. My Dad says "Aren't you a little old for that stuff?" I'm like " talk2hand b***h please, I'm only 17,"

No, I actually don't say that, but the way I see it, I will always be like this. ('Childish') and there is nothing wrong with it. smile

xd

Kawaii Autobiographer

4,600 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Im fine with people who are older than kids who play/collect toys. I find toys can be quite cute. I like my Jinxy the Rabbit, Living Dead Dolls, Skelanimals, and sometimes I'll buy Barbie dolls so I can make skulls out if the heads for adornment.
I still have my Yugioh cards and a couple of other plushies :3

4,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
My cousin is like 24 now, and he's insane. His whole life he's dressed in army gear and suits of armor everywhere he goes. He's a master at legos, and basically keeping the legacy of his 12 year old self alive. He is also a master at picking up ladies, so obviously something works.
I stay young at heart, but I keep it to a minimum. No trowing fits or stuff like that, although it would be both funny and disturbing to watch a full grown adult throw a hissy fit.

Rainbow Unicorn

Yeah, I can be very childish sometimes, like starting to play with old toys and such, which some may or may not like. But heck, I don't care. It's not like I'm that 24/7 -.-

Friendly Sweetheart

8,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Avalons Dark Shadow
10_Ace_of_Spades
Anyone over 18 who still love to play and be a child at heart? I'm 20 years old and I got a kids meal at McDonads and after eating I started playing the toy, which caused a lot of strange looks my way. I miss being a kid, when you could do childish things and have no one care.

who cares what other people think? i'm 19 and still buy toys and I have no problem with teh fact that people think thats odd. you liek what you like and if someone thinks its weird then too bad.
I do scratch my head a bit at the idea of buying a kids meal when you could just get dollar menu stuf and pay extra for the toy and it would be about the same price only more filling
however I wont ciriticize you for doing something that you enjoy.
a sad fact is that america fails to understand one thing: there are a LOT of really awsome toys out there, and not everyone loses interested when they get older and has a BS sterio type that every adult who still likes toys in an absolute loser.
which is untrue, stick to what you like man and dont ever let anyone tell you its weird or wrong!

I'll agree with you, and it's true! I myself am a 22 year old and still loves toys.
in fact, I enjoy Collecting SH Figuarts!

Romantic Fairy

8,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
I'm 20, and just spent an hour brushing my dolls hair...granted, it hadn't been done in about five years, but still. I also still get happy meals- one time, the worker gave me weird looks, and I was telling my roommates as we walked back to our apartment, and some random guy yelled, "but you have to get the happy meal, or else you don't get the toy!" Totally high fived him for that.

I think it's fine to play with toys, as long as you're still a responsible adult. If you're having fun playing with them, then it doesn't matter how old you are.

Interesting Genius

14,250 Points
  • Converting 100 items 100
  • Fusion Apprentice 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
I'm almost 22 and I still act like a kid. I'm a wearing a Rugrats tee right now. I use a Spongebob pillowcase. I will from time to time break out my Gameboy Advanced and play my Sabrina the Teenaged Witch game.

Handsome Ace

21,200 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Kuro Gang 250
...Wow, I feel like I had a lot of pressure to grow up compared to some of you. gonk Eventually the comments I got from my parents caused me to give up all my toys, and after that I sort of... lost the creativity that comes from playing childish games like that. Kind of wish I could get it back, especially now that I have nieces/nephews to deal with all the time and they want to play games and I just end up kind of standing around awkwardly instead...

On occasion, I still get Happy Meals just for the toys though.
I agree. I recently pulled out the Legos and played with them for a bit. I used to spend hours playing with them as a kid.

Shadowy Cultist

who cares. i mean sure with age comes certain responsibilities, but if you can uphold those responsibilities then what's the issue with playing?
                    i still hit up the toy isle every time i go to target and i got my friend into dolls again. im 22 and i have more toys then i did when i was a kid. (having an income more than a $5 allowance helps though...)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff