Welcome to Gaia! ::

Did anyone collect the all 50 of the Pokemon toys Burger King sold? You know the ones that use to come in a Pokeball until some dumb kid ruined it for the rest of us.
I think my sister and I collected all but 5.

Trash Squad

I only got to collect one. It was around the ripe age of seven or so and it was the only time I had ever eaten at a Burger King. My brother and I convinced my father to go to it for the sole reason of claiming the toys. I had obtained a meowth, but I can't remember what my brother got. A few years back I was trick or treating with some friends and this lady was giving out old fast food toys along with candy. I up and searched that bitchen box with the hopes of finding something related to some nerdy fandom I liked. To my joy I found an Oddish toy from the Burger King Selection from all those years way back. So yah, I have two. Or had two. I don't know where the meowth is, but I still have my oddish. Along with some other (none burger king) pokemon toys.

Beloved Werewolf

14,250 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User Image

User Image

~*-♥ ...no I didnt,but I always see them at my fleamarket lol,the burger king toy i have were the plushes that were given out in the U.K BK only,there cool..♥ -*~
User Image

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
I remember those, I had like two of them. Sadly I never got all 50 of them and I thought it ended before I could . How did some kid ruin it for everyone? I never heard what happened.

37,975 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Team Josie 25
  • Super Jumper 500
I had couple of them, but never did collect all of them :C I still love the Balstoise squirtting toy

mabu janai's Husbando

Handsome Hero

I had quite a bit of them.
Did anyone else manage to get the talking pikachu?

Gambino Believer

41,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100

I have a few, though I can't remember what or how many. It seems like I got one or two of the "rarer" toys but I can't swear to it now... I really need to find which box I put those in...

Enduring Genius

6,000 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Autobiographer 200
Dere's 57, not 50. I hab almost all dem, but I needs little bit more. 3nodding
i had a bunch of them. i never bought any of them though. my cousin would bring them home from work for me. i remember telling him to bring them all to me the next day lol..ah <3

Friendly Friend

11,350 Points
  • Thread Flip 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Sadly, I never collected all of them. That's a bit harsh to say the kid ruined it for everyone, though. It was actually a baby, and he (I think it was a boy) put half of the Poke Ball over his face while he was in his crib and suffocated. Obviously, the parents should never have given a toy for older children to a baby to begin with. But I still agree with Burger King's decision to pull the toys out of respect for the family.

Vampire

I had two complete sets (I won one of them in a raffle) and a few extras. I kept them all this time, but I ended up giving the second set and a bunch of my other Pokemon toys to a friend last year.

Dapper Dabbler

Alpha Pyxidis
Sadly, I never collected all of them. That's a bit harsh to say the kid ruined it for everyone, though. It was actually a baby, and he (I think it was a boy) put half of the Poke Ball over his face while he was in his crib and suffocated. Obviously, the parents should never have given a toy for older children to a baby to begin with. But I still agree with Burger King's decision to pull the toys out of respect for the family.
I agree with you. I'd say the parents ruined it by giving a baby a toy so not meant for that age range. I babysit and I do not let my charges play with age inappropriate things, because they can die and that's sad. I also support BK's decision, because from a business standpoint, that's the best decision to make.

That said, I never got all the toys. I got a bunch, mostly tops, launchers, and water squirters. My sister lucked out and got the light up Mew that came in a psychic bubble instead of a Pokeball. We got the gold plated cards too.

Friendly Friend

11,350 Points
  • Thread Flip 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Tenkohime
I agree with you. I'd say the parents ruined it by giving a baby a toy so not meant for that age range. I babysit and I do not let my charges play with age inappropriate things, because they can die and that's sad. I also support BK's decision, because from a business standpoint, that's the best decision to make.

That said, I never got all the toys. I got a bunch, mostly tops, launchers, and water squirters. My sister lucked out and got the light up Mew that came in a psychic bubble instead of a Pokeball. We got the gold plated cards too.

I forgot about the gold plated cards! I know I had Pikachu and I think Togepi...I think that was it.

Valiant Jackling

I have a gold plated Tokapi (or however that baby pokemon from the 1st season's name is spelled) and I think I got a pickachu keychain thing from those pokeballs... maybe i'm mixing it up with something else. Think I have a Mewtwo (or is it Mew?) one as well. They're lost somewhere in a toy box I haven't been in in years...

Dapper Dabbler

Alpha Pyxidis
Tenkohime

I forgot about the gold plated cards! I know I had Pikachu and I think Togepi...I think that was it.
I lucked out and got them all. Off of the top of my head, I remember Pikachu, Togepi, and Poliwhirl.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff