Welcome to Gaia! ::

Steviegoesrawr's Husbando

Man-Hungry Lover

11,400 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Object of Affection 150
For all those bitching about, I want my old shows back.
There is a reason, the company that owned the English distribution rights are now defunct like Geneon and ADV Films, or they currently do not Licenses Anime for themselves like Bandai.

If you want anime prices to go down, and more companies to spring back up, watch Toonami. It maybe are last chance.

ThunderCats - The new Thunder Cats series is currently Airing

Voltron - A New Series is currently running on Nickelodeon

The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest - Most tittles in this were owned by Hannah Barbara which Cartoon Network lost the rights most of there works

Cartoon Roulette - Most tittles in this were owned by Hannah Barbara which Cartoon Network lost the rights most of there works

Robotech - Was part produced by ADVFilms

Transformers: Beast Wars - Hasbro has there own channel

Sailor Moon - ADVflims are now Defunct

Dragon Ball Z - Geoneon are now Defunct, the original producer of the one showed on Toonami, and Nickelodeon current;y has Kai.

Super Friends - Usuable

ReBoot - Rainmaker Entertainment now works with Mattel

The Powerpuff Girls - Most Episodes are Usable

Ronin Warriors - Cinar was involved in a huge scandal before becoming Cookie Jar Company.

G-Force: Guardians of Space - Sandy Frank is Defunct

Mobile Suit Gundam Wing - Bandai no longer lenience their own dubs, but now dub for other companies.

Tenchi Muyo - Geneon is now defunct

Tenchi Universe - Geneon is now defunct

Tenchi in Tokyo - Geneon is now defunct

Batman: The Animated Series - Currently rights are owned to Hasbro

Superman: The Animated Series - Currently Disney has the rights to this series

Blue Submarine No. 6 - Bandai no longer lenience their own dubs, but now dub for other companies.

Outlaw Star - Bandai no longer lenience their own dubs, but now dub for other companies.

The Big O - Bandai no longer lenience their own dubs, but now dub for other companies.

Cardcaptor Sakura - Geneon is now defunct

Mobile Suit Gundam - Bandai no longer lenience their own dubs, but now dub for other companies.

Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team - Bandai no longer lenience their own dubs, but now dub for other companies.

Dragon Ball - Usable

Batman Beyond - Rights currently belong to Hasbro

Zoids: New Century - Bandai no longer lenience their own dubs, but now dub for other companies.

Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket - Bandai no longer lenience their own dubs, but now dub for other companies.

Hamtaro - Usable

Zoids: Chaotic Century - Bandai no longer lenience their own dubs, but now dub for other companies.

Mobile Fighter G Gundam - Bandai no longer lenience their own dubs, but now dub for other companies.

He-Man and the Masters of the Univers - Usable

Transformers: Armada - Rights currently belong to Hasbro.

Samurai Jack - Usable

.hack//Sign - Bandai no longer lenience their own dubs, but now dub for other companies.

Martian Successor Nadesico - The Right Stuf International is now only a retailer.

Gigantor - Usable

G.I. Joe - Rights currently belong to Hasbro.

Neon Genesis Evangelion - ADVFilms are now Defunct

Dai-Guard - ADVFilms are now Defunct

YuYu Hakusho - Usable

Rurouni Kenshin - Usable

Justice League - Usable

Cyborg 009 - Both Dubbers are Defunct

Superior Defender Gundam Force - Bandai no longer lenience their own dubs, but now dub for other companies.

Dragon Ball GT - Usable

Star Wars: Clone Wars - Usable

Duel Masters - Plastic Cow is Defunct

Astro Boy - Usable

Transformers: Energon - Rights currently belong to Hasbro.

Jackie Chan Adventures - Usable

Gundam Seed - Bandai no longer lenience their own dubs, but now dub for other companies.

Megas XLR - Usable

Justice League Unlimited - Usable

Tenn Titans - Usable

Rave Master - Tokyo Pop is now Defunct

D.I.C.E. - Bandai no longer lenience their own dubs, but now dub for other companies.

Zatch Bell! - Usable

The Batman - Usable

One Piece - Usable

Transformers: Cybertron - Rights currently belong to Hasbro.

Yu-Gi-Oh! - Currently in a middle of a lawsuit between 4Kids and Konami

Naruto - Usable

Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo - Usable

Immortal Grand Prix - Usbale

Wulin Warriors - Dreadfull Ratings

Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Heroes - Disney bought Marvel

Pokémon Chronicles - Usable

Pokémon: Battle Frontier - Disputed between 4Kids and Pokemon Company

Yu-Gi-Oh! GX - Currently in a middle of a lawsuit between 4Kids and Konami

MÄR - Usable

The Prince of Tennis - Usable

Storm Hawks- Usable

Mega Man Star Force - Usable

Bakugan Battle Brawlers - Usable

Blue Dragon - Usable

Ben 10: Alien Force - Usable

Man-Hungry Lover

11,400 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
It's kinda sad to see most of my childhood unusable now of days.

Newbie Gaian

5,000 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100

Dedicated Gaian

13,850 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
zoids...DBZ...Tenchi...i shall miss you all! emo why cant lame a** power puff girls be on the list of defunct series ( never should have aired imo)

Dangerous Visionary

Though most series can easily be found on DVD at Bestbuy, amazon and such. BTAS is on the hub, PPG is on Boomerang, and a lot of others just air other times on other networks.

Sailor Moon could be usable again if Toei would allow Fundimation or Viz the licensing. It just needs to be dubbed again, sold on DVD, and then probably aired. However, like I was saying in that other thread Netflix somehow has the first dub series DVDs and for people that still have both streaming and DVDs or just the DVD they can add Sailor Moon to their queue

Sparkly Warlord

17,300 Points
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
The Second Choumaru
just so you know funimation now has the rights to Tenchi.

Unbeatable Tycoon

heh most of these shows u can find on anime websites.

btw go toonami

Rainbow Phantom

9,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
Dragon Ball GT is currently being shown on the same channel as the new Voltron series.

Adding shows that aired on back then is already on Boomerang; PPG, Teen Titans, and other shows are there as well. Cartoon Network just put a recent show called Cartoon Planet to relive those childhood years.

The others that I have short memory about; their companies are gone for good or working under large companies such as Funimation or VIZ since their funds were too short to continue dubbing or showing. You might have to look around to find DVDs or shop online for them.

Now although I can't see all of them, I can find other shows to watch at streaming sites like Hulu. I guess that we'll have to wait and see during this trial of Toonami and if our prayers are answered, we can get nostalgic anime back on.

Man-Hungry Lover

11,400 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
Miss-dark8607
Though most series can easily be found on DVD at Bestbuy, amazon and such. BTAS is on the hub, PPG is on Boomerang, and a lot of others just air other times on other networks.

Sailor Moon could be usable again if Toei would allow Fundimation or Viz the licensing. It just needs to be dubbed again, sold on DVD, and then probably aired. However, like I was saying in that other thread Netflix somehow has the first dub series DVDs and for people that still have both streaming and DVDs or just the DVD they can add Sailor Moon to their queue
Again you are missing the point. This is for TV.

If you really stop watching shows and stop supporting the makers by watching them online go ahead. There is a reason why Netflix lost most it's titles.

Man-Hungry Lover

11,400 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
Istoleyourtaco
The Second Choumaru
just so you know funimation now has the rights to Tenchi.
I know that but its a different dub the dub we watched when we were little was Geneon

Man-Hungry Lover

11,400 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
Shadow Ra Warrior
heh most of these shows u can find on anime websites.

btw go toonami
Thats part of the reason why the companies died

Dangerous Visionary

The Second Choumaru
Miss-dark8607

If you really stop watching shows and stop supporting the makers by watching them online go ahead. There is a reason why Netflix lost most it's titles.

I am not missing the point and no Netflix lost its titles because Starz didn't want team up with them since they are now teaming up with Blockbuster via Dish Network. People please research a bit.

Man-Hungry Lover

11,400 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
Alaean
Dragon Ball GT is currently being shown on the same channel as the new Voltron series.

Adding shows that aired on back then is already on Boomerang; PPG, Teen Titans, and other shows are there as well. Cartoon Network just put a recent show called Cartoon Planet to relive those childhood years.

The others that I have short memory about; their companies are gone for good or working under large companies such as Funimation or VIZ since their funds were too short to continue dubbing or showing. You might have to look around to find DVDs or shop online for them.

Now although I can't see all of them, I can find other shows to watch at streaming sites like Hulu. I guess that we'll have to wait and see during this trial of Toonami and if our prayers are answered, we can get nostalgic anime back on.
But with Hulu you have to pay. Wouldn't be great to be able to watch anime that isn't costing you extra money with your cable bill. Besides that Some series I wouldn't have watched unless it was for seeing them for free.

Even if the DVDs do exist they can't show them on TV, or atleast the original dubbing ot them. I made this list to only show the whiners why the old shows can't make a return.

Man-Hungry Lover

11,400 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
Miss-dark8607
The Second Choumaru
Miss-dark8607

I am not missing the point and no Netflix lost its titles because Starz didn't want team up with them since they are now teaming up with Blockbuster via Dish Network. People please research a bit.
No there are even more pull out than Stars.

For instance I watched Roseanne alot and other Sitcoms and Roseanna were pulled out. Stars did a marketing strategy there is a differce

Rainbow Phantom

9,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
The Second Choumaru
Alaean

But with Hulu you have to pay. Wouldn't be great to be able to watch anime that isn't costing you extra money with your cable bill. Besides that Some series I wouldn't have watched unless it was for seeing them for free.

Even if the DVDs do exist they can't show them on TV, or atleast the original dubbing ot them. I made this list to only show the whiners why the old shows can't make a return.

I'm not whining about anything... confused

I know about paying about the Hulu Plus feature; not worth the extra money to pay for. If I wanted to watch something, I could go on Youtube and search for it.

And Toonami's budget is so small, they can't afford those licenses for any of the big ones like Naruto, DBZ, and other major ones. They just came back on; maybe months from now they might have the chance to stream them once more.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff