Welcome to Gaia! ::

Distinct Genius

Miss-dark8607
I don't want it back because I think its a dumb idea and a step backwards. We live in a world were we can watch nearly anything we want anytime and anywhere. All this nostalgic stuff (ie Cartoon Planet and now this) is just cable's way of trying to hold people's hostage. I sorry but I'm moving on. Where I can watch anime uncut, anytime I want, and on the go. I am not staying up late watching crappy anime series. Yes, I would feel the same even if they did start airing Sailor Moon.

A step backwards would be to bring back walkmans when people have mp3 players and ipods. Toonami isn't really a step backwards at all. It's not like anime disappeared from television completely, everybody started watching it online, and then it started being shown on television again all of a sudden. It's such a shame these days, I think, the direction that's being taken. Sure, it's convenient to be able to watch stuff anytime and anywhere; however, that can get tiresome in my opinion. I, for one, get tired of always popping in DVDs and relying on my computer for something good to watch. Sometimes, personally, I just really want to sit in front of the tv, flip through the channels, and see some decent anime on.

Divine Anubutt

27,850 Points
  • Skilled Snowfriend Architect 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • WilyTrickster 50
T3h Jinji
I'm mad that ReBoot isn't in the lineup. emotion_awesome

Seriously though. I'm just happy TOM is back. yum_puddi Here's hoping they change the lineup often. I always liked seeing something different, like when they used to run a different anime movie every week or so.

I think reboot could use a reboot emotion_dealwithit

I really do hope toonami does well <3 it's not easy relaunching a block from the ground up it will take time, effort and a lot of viewers so I'll be tuning in every saturday X3

Quotable Hunter

Well said. I'm interested to see how Toonami turns out as well. Hopefully it can get well enough support and can grow it's budget. It would be nice to see other high-end or relatively current titles. Who knows? Maybe they'll even move the time back a couple hours. Don't get me wrong. I enjoyed watching it last night, and I understand the financial constraints of acquiring time slots. It's just that I'm usually one who prefers to go to bed around midnight or one o'clock. True I can always catch my shows the next day through DVR, but it's just not as fun? Is it?
I would love to see the return of some classic shows that made their appearance on The Midnight Run. Macross being my personal choice.

That said, maybe if certain fans would stop pretending that the average dub of today is of the same quality as the average dub of 1996, Toonami might stand a better chance.

Besides, who says you can't enjoy both subs and dubs? We have our own Kazuhiko Inoues, Jun Fukuyamas, and Norio Wakamotos in the English speaking world at least, and Latin America has a strong history of dubbing as well.

Dangerous Kitten

7,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Clambake 200
Thank you so much for understanding my thoughts! I don't know why kids are whining about what isn't being shown on Toonami.

Steviegoesrawr's Husbando

Man-Hungry Lover

11,400 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Object of Affection 150
Miss-dark8607
I don't want it back because I think its a dumb idea and a step backwards. We live in a world were we can watch nearly anything we want anytime and anywhere. All this nostalgic stuff (ie Cartoon Planet and now this) is just cable's way of trying to hold people's hostage. I sorry but I'm moving on. Where I can watch anime uncut, anytime I want, and on the go. I am not staying up late watching crappy anime series. Yes, I would feel the same even if they did start airing Sailor Moon.
This is why the studios who make them go under.

Online gives them less money thanks to how easy it is to block advertisers.
If you want good TV back we have to fight for it.

Dangerous Visionary

The Second Choumaru
Miss-dark8607
This is why the studios who make them go under.

Online gives them less money thanks to how easy it is to block advertisers.
If you want good TV back we have to fight for it.

Clearly you guys aren't understanding what I am saying. I DO NOT WANT TV! Give me boxsets and streaming eps and I'm go to go. Why the hell should I pay 100's of dollars for shitty content when I can pay as little as 9 bucks and pick what I want to see anytime I want. Again this is a step backwards and its no use of fighting because pretty soon we won't have TV networks as we know them now.

Versatile Receiver

I grew up watching Toonami too and I don't really care about its 'revival'? Especially since said "revival" is just a CGI robot hosting the anime block that's already been there for years. Why are people not allowed to whine about it? The lineup is nothing to write home about. What good would supporting it do, anyway? I know they need rating for a budget boost, but what then? More anime bullshit? Looking at Toonami's wiki page the lineup was NEVER 100% anime in the past and I don't really understand why that's the case now. s**t, if they had something like JLU or Megas I'd definitely be interested in watching but if it's going to be all anime all the time I just don't care. FWIW I'm in my 20s and I don't think bringing back Toonami is the best thing ever.

I guess I'm not even in their target market any more because outside of KOTH AS plays pretty much nothing I actually want to watch anymore but still. I loved Toonami when I was younger but new Toonami has zero appeal to me.

Unbeatable Tycoon

People who are mad about specific shows not being aired can go to any search engine and find some anime websites. This is also what happens when you revive something in the past; I'm glad its back but it won't be the same. But I'll see it anyway xp

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff