Welcome to Gaia! ::

Distinct Genius

I must say that I am ashamed of a great deal of people I've seen talking about Toonami, on gaia as well as elsewhere. Would it kill some people to be more supportive and stop acting like petulant children who didn't get their way? I'm a child of the 90s, I grew up watching Toonami. First, I watched it when I came home from school. Then, every time they changed the time or day it was to come on, I watched it then as well. I followed Toonami faithfully to whatever day and time and watched whatever they showed (or at least gave certain shows a try to see whether or not I would like them). If people go around with the attitude they currently have, then Toonami is doomed right from the start. The April Fools Day version of Toonami was awesome, I know. It played right into our nostalgia like a proper Toonami should. Believe me, nothing would make me happier than seeing the classics such as Yu Yu Hakusho, Dragonball Z, Zoids, Gundam, etc . . .

However, think of this current Toonami as a phoenix rising from the ashes. Only, this is a baby phoenix. It's a little baby phoenix that needs our love and support to grow up into something beautiful. I've seen it being said time and again in this forum, but I'm going to say it now myself. This current Toonami has a small budget. There are many shows that are either in the hands of their competition or completely out of their price range. Believe me it did cross my mind, the question of how they could show the old shows on April Fools Day but don't have the right to show them now. For whatever reason they could show them then and not now, well that's just how it is. There is only so much that can be done right now. If you want some of these awesome old shows and great new ones, then get your head out of the sand and tune in! I don't see how some people fail to understand that tuning in equals ratings, which equals success, which equals more money, which equals more shows.

Look at where Toonami started all those years ago. It had to work its way up then, just as its trying to work its way up now. The only difference now is that Toonami has a large fanbase that should be able to pull together and help it along. If people can't do that, then it's a shame. If people say they love Toonami and then turn around and don't give this new Toonami the support it needs to evolve, then how can said people ever claim to be Toonami fans at all? I tuned in last night and I'm going to tune in every Saturday as well because I know I can call myself one of the Toonami Faithful. One more thing. I'd never seen Deadman Wonderland or Casshern Sins before and I very much enjoyed them both. These shows are better than the complete and utter staleness of constant reruns Adult Swim was showing and they're definitely better than nothing at all. I'm sorry if I've managed to offend or upset anybody with my words; however, I had to voice my opinions/feelings and I'm happy that I did.

Steviegoesrawr's Husbando

Man-Hungry Lover

11,400 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Object of Affection 150
rachainu
I must say that I am ashamed of a great deal of people I've seen talking about Toonami, on gaia as well as elsewhere. Would it kill some people to be more supportive and stop acting like petulant children who didn't get their way? I'm a child of the 90s, I grew up watching Toonami. First, I watched it when I came home from school. Then, every time they changed the time or day it was to come on, I watched it then as well. I followed Toonami faithfully to whatever day and time and watched whatever they showed (or at least gave certain shows a try to see whether or not I would like them). If people go around with the attitude they currently have, then Toonami is doomed right from the start. The April Fools Day version of Toonami was awesome, I know. It played right into our nostalgia like a proper Toonami should. Believe me, nothing would make me happier than seeing the classics such as Yu Yu Hakusho, Dragonball Z, Zoids, Gundam, etc . . .

However, think of this current Toonami as a phoenix rising from the ashes. Only, this is a baby phoenix. It's a little baby phoenix that needs our love and support to grow up into something beautiful. I've seen it being said time and again in this forum, but I'm going to say it now myself. This current Toonami has a small budget. There are many shows that are either in the hands of their competition or completely out of their price range. Believe me it did cross my mind, the question of how they could show the old shows on April Fools Day but don't have the right to show them now. For whatever reason they could show them then and not now, well that's just how it is. There is only so much that can be done right now. If you want some of these awesome old shows and great new ones, then get your head out of the sand and tune in! I don't see how some people fail to understand that tuning in equals ratings, which equals success, which equals more money, which equals more shows.

Look at where Toonami started all those years ago. It had to work its way up then, just as its trying to work its way up now. The only difference now is that Toonami has a large fanbase that should be able to pull together and help it along. If people can't do that, then it's a shame. If people say they love Toonami and then turn around and don't give this new Toonami the support it needs to evolve, then how can said people ever claim to be Toonami fans at all? I tuned in last night and I'm going to tune in every Saturday as well because I know I can call myself one of the Toonami Faithful. One more thing. I'd never seen Deadman Wonderland or Casshern Sins before and I very much enjoyed them both. These shows are better than the complete and utter staleness of constant reruns Adult Swim was showing and they're definitely better than nothing at all. I'm sorry if I've managed to offend or upset anybody with my words; however, I had to voice my opinions/feelings and I'm happy that I did.
I just went though some of these threads and b***h slapped all the whiny teenagers.

I actually looked at the people ages complaining and they tend to be 14 though 16. While supports are older. I think us older fans want to pass on the torch. We know were old now and can no longer enjoy things that we did when we were young but we want the next ones too. Problem is that they mdrop it if its not perfect at all. Some of them even thinks this is a new Tom and doesn't even know about Sara.

I hope they do better ratings than what they do with these 'hipster hatrers.'

5,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • First step to fame 200
I hear ya, I didn't overly like it, but I guess it still deserves a chance. After all, it's only been 1 showing.
The thing is some people did not want Toonami to return. No they wanted a certain moment in toonami's history to return. A certain lineup. These people wanted DBZ, Outlaw Star, Tenchi, Yu Yu Hakasho, Gundam Wing and other shows from the golden age of Toonami and nothing more. Because they did not get their toonami they are whining.

We were given this line ahead of time so we knew what shows were airing on the new Toonami. We were also told, repeatedly told that Toonami as it currently stands does not have a lot of money. The bumps will be simplistic at first and the shows short and reruns of shows Adult Swim already has the right to. We were also told that if Toonami is a success that it will improve, that it being a success equals more money and that equals Toonami improving.

We should have been expecting a rough start for it to not be the golden age mark two right from the start. However we have to remember that there is room for improvement and Toonami's improvement depends on our support. instead of whining about the weak line up we should support these rough early days and do our part to have Toonami improve.

You want better shows on Toonami, and classics then support it now as that's the only way it can get better.

Rainbow Champion

6,350 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
I'm in the age group of most of the whiny teenagers, but I think Toonami coming back is awesome. When I was little my older cousin would have us younger kids sit by the door to warn him when the adults were coming because they didn't want him watching "inappropriate, violent shows" when we were around. It has nothing but nice memories and I can'y wait to make more of 'em. Plus, Deadman Wonderland was sick and looks amazing

Steviegoesrawr's Husbando

Man-Hungry Lover

11,400 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Object of Affection 150
mintiswirl
I'm in the age group of most of the whiny teenagers, but I think Toonami coming back is awesome. When I was little my older cousin would have us younger kids sit by the door to warn him when the adults were coming because they didn't want him watching "inappropriate, violent shows" when we were around. It has nothing but nice memories and I can'y wait to make more of 'em. Plus, Deadman Wonderland was sick and looks amazing
I did that with my nephews too and they liked it too.

So I guess the ones that watched it when they were very young with older sibs / family members should be added to our side

chrisbbean's Waifu

Tiny Wife

14,950 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Invisibility 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
yes thank you someone who understands <33
The Second Choumaru
mintiswirl
I did that with my nephews too and they liked it too.

So I guess the ones that watched it when they were very young with older sibs / family members should be added to our side

Im 16, and I enjoy the fact that Toonami is back. I dont care if they dont have the old shows like before, to me, Toonami was an anime block, for all different types. As long as theres anime, Im happy cool
Hopefully they decide to make it a daily thing again instead of just saturdays tho

Beloved Lunatic

I find the worst complaints are "Toonami is all about DBZ and Sailor Moon and Gundum! This isn't Toonami!".
Well, I hate*love* to break it to them, but Toonami is just TOM hosting the block. Toonami has nothing to do with the lineup of shows...
Though, it would be nice to see some older shows mixed up with the new ones.
I hope the budget is increased so we can get SARA back.

Witty Shapeshifter

14,790 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Mark Twain 100
Finally i was waiting for someone to mention him, Toonami to me was an anime block hosted by the man himself, TOM. even though i was there when it first started up with Moldar from space ghost, sending out the signal and i watched as the evolution of the hosts until you got TOM and then he evolved and got taller and cooler and then we got that Pixar looking faced tom and crew. while i was not that sure about TOM's final look but it was nice that he had more then just a drone crew.

Dedicated Lover

12,650 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
The Second Choumaru
rachainu

I just went though some of these threads and b***h slapped all the whiny teenagers.

I actually looked at the people ages complaining and they tend to be 14 though 16. While supports are older. I think us older fans want to pass on the torch. We know were old now and can no longer enjoy things that we did when we were young but we want the next ones too. Problem is that they mdrop it if its not perfect at all. Some of them even thinks this is a new Tom and doesn't even know about Sara.

I hope they do better ratings than what they do with these 'hipster hatrers.'
MMmm it seems that everyone who is younger dont understand how things in the real world work they never then ahead or see the big picture im happy to say i wasn't like this hen i was younger but what can you expect from kids who think everyone on gaia is a teenager.

Dapper Genius

6,200 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Toonami is in 2012, you should just realize that have an open mind. Now kids that were our age are going to be enjoying this. They can have something to look forward to, now and have their new generation of Toonami, but only we can provide it by being active.

It's only been a day. Just a day, it'll hopefully take years for Toonami to be what it was to us to new viewers.

2,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
I am so glad that toonami is coming back! I grew up watching toonami and those shows. Ok so I don't like all the shows that they have chosen but they have put some of my FAVORITE shows back on air. I am Excited!

Dangerous Visionary

I don't want it back because I think its a dumb idea and a step backwards. We live in a world were we can watch nearly anything we want anytime and anywhere. All this nostalgic stuff (ie Cartoon Planet and now this) is just cable's way of trying to hold people's hostage. I sorry but I'm moving on. Where I can watch anime uncut, anytime I want, and on the go. I am not staying up late watching crappy anime series. Yes, I would feel the same even if they did start airing Sailor Moon.

Hallowed Sex Symbol

8,850 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
I'm mad that ReBoot isn't in the lineup. emotion_awesome

Seriously though. I'm just happy TOM is back. yum_puddi Here's hoping they change the lineup often. I always liked seeing something different, like when they used to run a different anime movie every week or so.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff