Welcome to Gaia! ::

Thoughts?

Good. 0.46666666666667 46.7% [ 21 ]
Bad. 0.22222222222222 22.2% [ 10 ]
Ok....i gues... 0.31111111111111 31.1% [ 14 ]
Total Votes:[ 45 ]
1 2 >

Tricky Hunter

So....Toonami is back. What do you think of the shows on it now and some stuff you guys wish would come back?!~

User Image

Aekea Explorer

12,950 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Noble Shade 100
I didn't get to see much of it. Here in Colorado it's on at 1:00am. But I saw a little of it. I thought it looked great. Tom looked great, and the Absolution looked incredible. I didn't get to see what Sarah looked like though.

Distinct Elder

I enjoyed it. I couldn't really follow Bleach, since they were somewhere already into the series, and I fell asleep after FMA:B, but I was pleased with it, and I think it can grow into something great again.

Familiar Poster

My head is so full of ******** right now, I didn't get to see it.

Beloved Lunatic

I was unsure of the two new shows airing, but Deadman Wonderland really held my attention.
The series is far from what I normally enjoy, but there was something about it that just made me watch.
I had a horrid time trying to follow Casshern Sins, but I'll give it another try later.

As for Toomani in general. Love it. TOM and the Absolution looked amazing. I only hope the budget is raise so we can get SARA back!

I noticed a great deal of people complaining about the shows. The most ridiculous reason for this hate I've heard is "Toomai is about DBZ, YuYu Hakusho and Gundam! This isn't Toonami!".
Well, I hate to break it to them, but Toonami is the part where TOM host, not the line-up of the shows.
Also, be reminded to tune in! More viewers means the budget will be raised and Toonami can buy rights to air new shows and possibly bring back a few older ones!

=I'd love if they returned for the whole weekend doing something like Saturday morning at midnight they showed Old School Toonami (YuYu Hakusho, Sailor Moon, Wolves Rain, Trigun, Kikaider, etc.) and then on Sunday morning at midnight they showed the newer anime (Bleach, Deadman Wonderland * Surprisingly caught my attention, looking forward to the rest of the series* and other new shows to the Toonami Lineup.)=

Shoujo Husband

10,125 Points
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Flatterer 200
  • Married 100
I thoroughly enjoyed it. The new anime was epic to my standards. Although, I think they should take some of the ones that repeat itself off. For example, Cowboy Bebop. I love the show to DEATH~ but I have seen it over 100 times since I started anime. I say replace it with another anime. (I am not hating on Bebop. ) I say Kuroshitsuji, Panty and Stocking, or Higurashi should go in Toonami somewhere. I don't think PAS is in english yet so I can wait. ^^

Ghost in the Shell should be replaced as well. (like I said, seen it 100 times already.)
Please don't hate me for saying my opinion.

FMA needs new episodes. I love FMA, just they keep repeating as well. (I beleive [as] hates us Otakus and Nostalgics for Toonami) DRRR! is good as well, just the repeating is getting on my nerves.

Other than the repeating of old shows, I loved it.
I give it a 9/10.
Everyone keep watching it so they can get more money to put more effort into putting on shows.
I love the classic Toonami, but this is 2012 and we have to move on.
(in other words, buy the box sets like I do or watch it online. Animefreak.tv helps.)

Shoujo Husband

10,125 Points
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Flatterer 200
  • Married 100
l_Kimana_l
I was unsure of the two new shows airing, but Deadman Wonderland really held my attention.
The series is far from what I normally enjoy, but there was something about it that just made me watch.
I had a horrid time trying to follow Casshern Sins, but I'll give it another try later.

As for Toomani in general. Love it. TOM and the Absolution looked amazing. I only hope the budget is raise so we can get SARA back!

I noticed a great deal of people complaining about the shows. The most ridiculous reason for this hate I've heard is "Toomai is about DBZ, YuYu Hakusho and Gundam! This isn't Toonami!".
Well, I hate to break it to them, but Toonami is the part where TOM host, not the line-up of the shows.
Also, be reminded to tune in! More viewers means the budget will be raised and Toonami can buy rights to air new shows and possibly bring back a few older ones!

=I'd love if they returned for the whole weekend doing something like Saturday morning at midnight they showed Old School Toonami (YuYu Hakusho, Sailor Moon, Wolves Rain, Trigun, Kikaider, etc.) and then on Sunday morning at midnight they showed the newer anime (Bleach, Deadman Wonderland * Surprisingly caught my attention, looking forward to the rest of the series* and other new shows to the Toonami Lineup.)=

i agree with you. People keep complaining about "DBZ" this and "Sailor Moon" That.
Toonami is Tom not the line up. its 2012, so i say love the classics and move on into the future.

Fashionable Phantom

I managed thankfully to stay up a bit last night to watch the revival of Toonami and at the time I cared nothing whatsoever of the line up {specifically that BLEACH was its starter anime of all of the things shown.} and was almost put to the tears that Tom looked so amazing. I never realized how much I missed his voice. I was about 10 years old, maybe 11, when I last really got to watch Toonami all the time with my dad and boy did it feel great to see it back on air. Right now I'd say this weekend is the best I've had all year {among many boring and uneventful weekends} and there isn't a part of me that regrets my excitement about this all.
I do, however, have an actual opinion on the line up. There are many complaints about there being a lack of old school anime {Um, would you prefer lesser animation styles, plots everyone already knows, and less new viewers or a group of shows most people haven't heard of, more up-to-date animation, and the prospect of more viewers and in that better ratings for it to stay alive?} and some people saying "It's just Adult Swim trying to relabel their anime block" {Alright, well would you rather have to watch the [as] commercials instead of paying attention to Tom?}

I'd just like to point out that my rant will be about the shows and genuine reasons why they shouldn't be there {Hopefully on unbiased terms}. There are shows showing now that are classics and I get it, we want to have Nostalgia Hour and yes that will make old fans happy. But just try and show some that are classic anime but never got as many views, save Bebop reruns and the like for when you might be having rating trouble.
And do not even get me started on the Bleach and FMA:B situation. Yes, I have a personal grudge against Bleach {which if you have a query about that fact we can PM about it} but this is once again the fact of everyone knows these shows {FMA:B AND Bleach} already. They have for the many years it's been showing. I don't follow Bleach, but because it was the first one on and I went lights out halfway through it, I can only recall that Bleach was just shoved halfway through the series. If the only prospect reachable is to keep showing the two {and I can really only recall those two being familiar faces from [as] so please pardon the reccurring titles} shows then at least start from the beginning~

That was way too much of a rant from me. sweatdrop I hope people just skipped that last paragraph.

All-in-all I give the new Toonami an 8/10 stars in hopes that it can slowly regain that perfect 10 I once gave it.

Toonami's back bitches.

Wake Your Ghost's Partner

Invisible Firestarter

12,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
I loved it. xD Deadman wonderland I have been stalking on youtube and manga sites..its definitely a must watch, the sins show seemed interesting enough..and fmab/bleach were ok. Im not much into those, but Im kinda hoping in a way that they bring in some of the older stuff like wolfs rain, or Mar heaven..would be nice...even sailor moon and hamtaro <3 But Im not sure thats gonna happen...I REALLY want to see deadman wonderland go all the way though...so thats my thoughts. xD

Amorous Paladin

14,400 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Battle Hardened 150
Deadman Wonderland was striking, especially in the first few scenes (which kind of scared me as I'm not used to seeing that much blood). I think once it's gotten off the ground more, it'll get really good! Cashern was confusing, but the little girl had me squeeing in delight every few minutes about how freaking adorable she was. Bleach: Muramasa, I actually cried for in the end. It's not bad. I'd have come in earlier, but both tvs were taken. All in all, it's not a bad come back. There are definitely some things they could stand to add to the line-up once the budget for Toonami increases.
Valkyrie Gauge
Deadman Wonderland was striking, especially in the first few scenes (which kind of scared me as I'm not used to seeing that much blood). I think once it's gotten off the ground more, it'll get really good! Cashern was confusing, but the little girl had me squeeing in delight every few minutes about how freaking adorable she was. Bleach: Muramasa, I actually cried for in the end. It's not bad. I'd have come in earlier, but both tvs were taken. All in all, it's not a bad come back. There are definitely some things they could stand to add to the line-up once the budget for Toonami increases.

I loved it as well. Though I'd love it even more if they added more new anime, maybe got rid of Cowboy Bebop and FMA 'cuz they keep rerunning and replaced it with... I unno.. Kuroshitsuji? Eh? Eh? xD
I love Deadman Wonderland as well, but I've seen it before subbed. It does get better, but then again, I love anime like that.

@Valkyrie - Oh, there's a lot more blood coming. If you aren't into gorey stuff, then you might not like it, but it's really good. :3

Dedicated Lover

12,650 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
I loved it im happy its back but they should replace some of the older anime so it could keep people happy but im sure they will do whats best to keep it running again. 4laugh

Dangerous Hunter

6,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
I didn't even know that Toonami was coming back, I am so out of it -.-, I remember watching the rpograms before they took Toonami off, maybe I can catch it again biggrin
Also I just hope for some good series, I am no picky

Dedicated Wench

31,475 Points
  • Novice Egg Hunter 50
  • Determined Egg Hunter 150
  • Unstoppable Egg Hunter 250
Tom of course is Tom - we all love him. the shows eh Bleach of course is always good - even with the side arcs, FMA - I'm a big fan. the two new shows - well I'll have to watch more before I completely disavow them

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
I think it needs to go back into cancellation. I mean seriously, two new shows that sucks and the other half has already been on Adult Swim! That's just......no just get the hell off TV.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff