Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eloquent Conversationalist

10,550 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Contributor 150
Saw Deadman's Wonderland thought it was pretty good But do they have to keep the Swearing in if they're just going to bleep it? Why not take it out I've seen other TV Networks do it in the past.

Casshern Sins I thought it was going to be a different series then I saw on Netflix but it was the same one I saw the first episode on Netflix didn't think it was that great.
Hopefully it gets better if I watch some more if not I'll just tape the other shows I like.

I also enjoyed the video game review too bad I'll never be able to play the game they reviewed since I don't have a router for my old Xbox 360 Arcade.

Other then that I'd probably give it a 3.5/5 and hoping to see it on more.

Beloved Lunatic

8,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
Deadman Wonderland was incredibly over the top and hammy, it would make great riffing material.

Casshern Sins wasn't bad, it was... Weird. The animation was good.

Invisible Regular

8,400 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
I thought it was pretty good for a return. Not only is it on the air again, but they excluded Adult Swim's usual bullshit commercials that just make me skip their version of the night altogether. If I'm not wrong, the block also receives more hours than before, even if the partial extension is made up of a repeat of the schedule. But since it just returned, they may alternate the repeat in time and replace FMA:B, Cowboy Bebop, and Ghost in the Shell with anime from before it was cancelled or ones that haven't aired on the channel at all.

The only things I didn't like about the return, or shall I say the new anime, was Ganta's voice actor for the dubbed version of Deadman Wonderland. He was bearable in Clannad, but he nearly wrecked the entire thing for this one.

My rating: 3.5 / 5.0

Invisible Seeker

Both slightly disappointed and happy. If the rating do well I'm sure Toonami will only get better. But I was hoping that TOM would speak more on how WE as the fans brought Toonami back. Or something on the matter.

All I heard on it was when he reviewed the video game stating, "Just as Toonami rose from the ashes..."

Overall 8/10 on Toonami's performance though.

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
I kind of knew what my expectations were when I turned Toonami on and I turned it on as a means of support. I knew what the lineup was going to be and I know that the lineup has the potential to change with the ratings and the funds.

TOM was great, loved him! And something else that put a smile on my face was when they did the rating for the video game "I Am Alive" which was something that it used to do, so that made it familiar to me. That was kind of the highlight right there.
B e g i n n i n g~

User Image User Image

I was absolutely thrilled when Toonami came back.
The new lineup was great, imo.
I wasn't sure they would EVER air something as violent as Deadman Wonderland.
But they did air Blood+ .
It was exciting to see,
but now I hate all these Deadman haters.
Ever tried watching the subbed version? emotion_eyebrow

User Image User Image

~e n d

5,600 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
they really need to get some DBZ on that !!!!

Wealthy Explorer

>People not liking Casshern Sins.

I knew that Gaia had s**t tastes, but wow.

Beloved Lunatic

8,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
Gloomy Miss
B e g i n n i n g~

User Image User Image

User Image User Image

~e n d

Though the dub acting was very hammy, it's still the same ridiculous script. They still say "how big are those titties", even in the Japanese version.

And you know, the opening has such beautiful lyrics as "CUT MYSELF AND SCREAM FOR INSANITY".

I don't hate it, I just love it for all the wrong reasons.

Shirtless Lunatic

Mitsuki the ninja
Gloomy Miss
B e g i n n i n g~

User Image User Image

User Image User Image

~e n d

Though the dub acting was very hammy, it's still the same ridiculous script. They still say "how big are those titties", even in the Japanese version.

And you know, the opening has such beautiful lyrics as "CUT MYSELF AND SCREAM FOR INSANITY".

I don't give a crap about your opinion about the anime but if you start hating on fade, I'll skin you and turn you into shoes. <3

Anyway, I'm digging Deadman Wonderland and Casshern Sins though something about Ganta's dubbed voice grates my ears. They're off to a good start and I hope they keep it up.
In my opinion Tom is by far better than the freaky randomness of Adult Swim's ads during the breaks.
I really liked casherin sins, but i can't really say I like deadman wonderland, it seems like its only reason to exist is immature swearing and excessive violence and gore. The idea that they some how let a guy directly tied to a private sector amusement park full of villains be a lawyer is beyond me. The whole show just doesn't click for me.

On a side note i really like how tom was handled.
Mitsuki the ninja

B e g i n n i n g~

User Image User Image

I'm actually glad they kept that line.
It showed that they weren't trying to censor it too much.
I think it captures the personality of the criminals.
They didn't even play the opening..? emotion_eyebrow
I adore the opening, but then again..
That's my opinion.

User Image User Image

~e n d

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items