Welcome to Gaia! ::

Scary Lover

19,300 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
Informal Gentlemen
My computer doesn't have sound so... I canpt really hear your opinion. But, were you hoping for nostaligic Toonami?

I was hoping it would be more nostalgic... I wanted to see Sailor Moon on the TV screen again and I wanted to be seeing Kenshin again, too.

Enduring Master

23,725 Points
  • Energy Squad 200
  • Energy Generator 250
  • Battery 500
Apocalipca
My thoughts on the revival of toonami before May 26th
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qb_0HH8mJBs

I did stay up to see a bit of Toonami, basically, I thought adding in Casshern Sins and Deadman Wonderland, two good shows, incidentlly I am not quite interested in, have been added to the lineup, along with Reruns of Cowboy Bebop, a show I've always wanted to see, was nice. The whole thing is pretty much the same, and I felt alot of Nostalgia when seeing the intervals, but it was a bit weird hearing TOM saying "bitches," it never really seemed like his character. One thing I would love to see is more interactive Toonami episodes, like Lockdown and the Intruder, things that delved us into the Toonami universe of TOM, SARAH, and the Absolution. I never got to play the games, but the concept was really cool. Future shows I hope to air on Toonami are:

Heroman
Durarara!
Dubbing of YuGiOh Season Zero
The Whole Karas Series as a movie
Sengoku Basara Season 1 and 2
rerun of IGPX

BUt I really want Toonami to be back in it's original Time slot at 6 in the evening, rather that at such a late time. I want a new Generaion to know what It feels like to see high Quality anime and inspirational as well as wwe did in the 90's.

Please rate or Comment on the video on Youtube as well.

And comment here as well.
Ah I see, I too would like to see more of the interactive stuff like they used to do. I hope that's in our near future.

Durarara has already aired on Adult Swim by the way.. so I could see that coming back.
The others, maybe. I think Sengoku Basara Season 1 & 2 is most likely of the new titles you mentioned 2nd to Durarara.. I'd also like to see the "Devil May Cry" anime on Toonami cuz I think that would be a nice fit, & maybe Hellsing & that new Trigun movie that just came out.

I understand why you want it earlier though now. If they do bring back a late afternoon/evening block I think it would be awesome if the revived Yu Yu Hakusho & IGPX they bought the Hetalia dub & Vampire Knight & aired those in that time slot.

I'd also love it if they picked up the shows that the SciFi channel once had & dropped from their ani-mondays like Monster, Yami No Matsui & Guren Lagan. I could see the 1st 2 fitting into the midnight block & the 3rd fitting into a late afternoon/evening one.

Shadowy Rogue

8,950 Points
  • Member 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Consumer 100
In a way, I am glad that Toonami is back. *My childhood*
The timing of it is annoying. The hour is late and I have priorities to set straight (like schoolwork) I need at least some sleep.
I missed the first night of Toonami for personal reasons, so I can't say much about what the showings are and if they are any good. I will probably have to wait until tomorrow in order to know what I missed. crying

Demonic Businesswoman

10,825 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
MistressOfTheShadows
Apocalipca
My thoughts on the revival of toonami before May 26th
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qb_0HH8mJBs

I did stay up to see a bit of Toonami, basically, I thought adding in Casshern Sins and Deadman Wonderland, two good shows, incidentlly I am not quite interested in, have been added to the lineup, along with Reruns of Cowboy Bebop, a show I've always wanted to see, was nice. The whole thing is pretty much the same, and I felt alot of Nostalgia when seeing the intervals, but it was a bit weird hearing TOM saying "bitches," it never really seemed like his character. One thing I would love to see is more interactive Toonami episodes, like Lockdown and the Intruder, things that delved us into the Toonami universe of TOM, SARAH, and the Absolution. I never got to play the games, but the concept was really cool. Future shows I hope to air on Toonami are:

Heroman
Durarara!
Dubbing of YuGiOh Season Zero
The Whole Karas Series as a movie
Sengoku Basara Season 1 and 2
rerun of IGPX

BUt I really want Toonami to be back in it's original Time slot at 6 in the evening, rather that at such a late time. I want a new Generaion to know what It feels like to see high Quality anime and inspirational as well as wwe did in the 90's.

Please rate or Comment on the video on Youtube as well.

And comment here as well.
Ah I see, I too would like to see more of the interactive stuff like they used to do. I hope that's in our near future.

Durarara has already aired on Adult Swim by the way.. so I could see that coming back.
The others, maybe. I think Sengoku Basara Season 1 & 2 is most likely of the new titles you mentioned 2nd to Durarara.. I'd also like to see the "Devil May Cry" anime on Toonami cuz I think that would be a nice fit, & maybe Hellsing & that new Trigun movie that just came out.

I understand why you want it earlier though now. If they do bring back a late afternoon/evening block I think it would be awesome if the revived Yu Yu Hakusho & IGPX they bought the Hetalia dub & Vampire Knight & aired those in that time slot.

I'd also love it if they picked up the shows that the SciFi channel once had & dropped from their ani-mondays like Monster, Yami No Matsui & Guren Lagan. I could see the 1st 2 fitting into the midnight block & the 3rd fitting into a late afternoon/evening one.

I would love to see Yami No Matsuei be aired. I've heard good things about DuraDura. I have yet to see it.

If they brought back Yu Yu Hakusho, I would be ecstatic! biggrin *happy dance* DragonBall Z wouldn't be a bad idea to bring back. I want to see Rurioni Kenshin make a comeback. They stopped just short of the second season when it was airing.

I'm hoping they keep it on Saturdays, so it'll be much easier to watch. Though, Afternoons wouldn't hurt either, especially during the Summer Time when everyone's not in school. xD

I think the main problem is that CN/Adult Swim just doesn't have enough resources, or money really, to do all of this for us. Basically, to have money, you need ratings of people willing to watch Toonami without a fuss. But I don't know. :/ Anything could happen.

Unsealed Phantom

10,100 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Gender Swap 100
Synico
They should intergrate Toonami with Boomerang; or BOOM if you have U-verse.

haha that would be funny and awesome!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces