Asylum v2's King

Perfect Conversationalist

13,250 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Firestarter 200
Zeroah
Halo Master 05
you rambled a little bit, but overall it was pretty good. i agree that its stupid that they are putting it from 12 midnight until 6am that is like for people who have no life and stay up all night and sleep during the day. They should make it for 5 or 6 pm!
Toonami originally was a midnight run.
5 and 6pm was when Toonaminwas on the verge of cancellation. talk2hand

oh, i didnt remember that. i guess it should be on at midnight if you want to see the good s**t!

Witty Informer

9,600 Points
  • Piepitcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
Apocalipca
Informal Gentlemen
My computer doesn't have sound so... I canpt really hear your opinion. But, were you hoping for nostaligic Toonami?

Yes. Mostly a Toonami where I don't have to wake up early in the morining to watch!

It's on at night...

Versatile Genius

8,750 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Kinda hoping they'll go through some of the real old toonami shows some nights, just to bring back the memories.

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
Zeroah
Halo Master 05
you rambled a little bit, but overall it was pretty good. i agree that its stupid that they are putting it from 12 midnight until 6am that is like for people who have no life and stay up all night and sleep during the day. They should make it for 5 or 6 pm!

Toonami used to be from 4-7pm back when it used to air anime like Sailor Moon, Rurouni Kenshin, Yu Yu Hakusho, and DBZ, and they were not on the verge of cancellation then.

Beloved Phantom

9,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Mark Twain 100
Most of the anime seems pretty good. But I'd love it if they are able to air Heroman.

Dangerous Genius

Light Soprano
Zeroah
Halo Master 05

Toonami used to be from 4-7pm back when it used to air anime like Sailor Moon, Rurouni Kenshin, Yu Yu Hakusho, and DBZ, and they were not on the verge of cancellation then.
Then why did that only last a year before it was canceled? <<

Beloved Phantom

9,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Mark Twain 100
IronVanguard
Kinda hoping they'll go through some of the real old toonami shows some nights, just to bring back the memories.
That would be nice. I miss watching original DBZ and Zoids on TV.

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
Destroyer
Light Soprano
Zeroah
Halo Master 05

um, what do you mean that only lasted a year?

Sailor Moon ran from 1997 (or even earlier) to 2000-something. That's MORE than a year. Same with DBZ. Rurouni Kenshin and Yu Yu Hakusho also aired on Toonami for more than 3 years.

Light Soprano is talking about the Toonami in the late 90s-early 2000. Back in the late 90s-early 2000s, Toonami aired from 4pm-7pm.

Dangerous Genius

Sakura Parfait
Destroyer
Light Soprano
Zeroah
Halo Master 05

um, what do you mean that only lasted a year?

Sailor Moon ran from 1997 (or even earlier) to 2000-something. That's MORE than a year. Same with DBZ. Rurouni Kenshin and Yu Yu Hakusho also aired on Toonami for more than 3 years.

Light Soprano is talking about the Toonami in the late 90s-early 2000. Back in the late 90s-early 2000s, Toonami aired from 4pm-7pm.
I will give you a chance to re-read my post and correct yourself before I respond since I am so kind =P

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
Destroyer
Light Soprano
Zeroah
Halo Master 05

Toonami did not last a year during the time those anime I mentioned were airing. You probably mean the later years of Toonami, but when those anime aired, Toonami was at its prime and did not only last a year before it was cancelled. In fact, 1997 was when Toonami FIRST debuted on Cartoon Network, and Sailor Moon was among Toonami's first ever lineup of anime. This was also back with Moltar was the host instead of Tom.

Dangerous Genius

Light Soprano
Destroyer
Light Soprano
Zeroah
Halo Master 05

Toonami did not last a year during the time those anime I mentioned were airing. You probably mean the later years of Toonami, but when those anime aired, Toonami was at its prime and did not only last a year before it was cancelled. In fact, 1997 was when Toonami FIRST debuted on Cartoon Network, and Sailor Moon was among Toonami's first ever lineup of anime. This was also back with Moltar was the host instead of Tom.
When toonami was showing from 4-7pm like you said, Then that would have been in 2006, Not 1997.

BluesWiz rolled 2 6-sided dice: 4, 3 Total: 7 (2-12)

Shameless Noob

14,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Well. I have Satellite. so ill prob just record any shows i like past 2am lul.
DVR FTW!
I can't watch videos on my cell phone. But I take it you weren't impressed. I wasn't really either. I liked Cowboy Bebop but since my brother has the entire series I didn't need to watch it on the TV. I wish there were more choices. The only other one I had heard of was Bleach. Are the other shows worth recording and watching?

Shapeshifter

Zeroah
Halo Master 05

uh, Toonami was definitely a weekday afternoon (4-6pm type thing) time block when it started, showing things like Voltron, Sailor Moon, DBZ, etc. then they added the Midnight Run in addition to the afternoon time slots. in fact, i remember for most of it's run it was a weekday afternoon time block. it's when they switched it to Saturday evening only when it started to suck.

i don't mind it being late at night during the summer, but it would be nice if they moved it to start somewhere between 8-10pm. that would be more convenient during the school year when i actually have to get up at some particular time.

Omnipresent Shapeshifter

20,550 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Toonami was placed in several different time slots over the years. In my opinion, the only good programs that air on Adult Swim are between 12 midnight and 6 AM ET Sunday morning. Most of the rest of the programs are garbage, in my opinion. (Of course, opinions are like butts. Everyone has one, and they sometimes stink. smile )

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff