Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Phantom

9,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Mark Twain 100
My thoughts on the revival of toonami before May 26th
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qb_0HH8mJBs

I did stay up to see a bit of Toonami, basically, I thought adding in Casshern Sins and Deadman Wonderland, two good shows, incidentlly I am not quite interested in, have been added to the lineup, along with Reruns of Cowboy Bebop, a show I've always wanted to see, was nice. The whole thing is pretty much the same, and I felt alot of Nostalgia when seeing the intervals, but it was a bit weird hearing TOM saying "bitches," it never really seemed like his character. One thing I would love to see is more interactive Toonami episodes, like Lockdown and the Intruder, things that delved us into the Toonami universe of TOM, SARAH, and the Absolution. I never got to play the games, but the concept was really cool. Future shows I hope to air on Toonami are:

Heroman
Durarara!
Dubbing of YuGiOh Season Zero
The Whole Karas Series as a movie
Sengoku Basara Season 1 and 2
rerun of IGPX

BUt I really want Toonami to be back in it's original Time slot at 6 in the evening, rather that at such a late time. I want a new Generaion to know what It feels like to see high Quality anime and inspirational as well as wwe did in the 90's.

Please rate or Comment on the video on Youtube as well.

And comment here as well.

Beloved Phantom

9,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Mark Twain 100

6,100 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Person of Interest 200
My computer doesn't have sound so... I canpt really hear your opinion. But, were you hoping for nostaligic Toonami?

Asylum v2's King

Perfect Conversationalist

13,250 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Firestarter 200
you rambled a little bit, but overall it was pretty good. i agree that its stupid that they are putting it from 12 midnight until 6am that is like for people who have no life and stay up all night and sleep during the day. They should make it for 5 or 6 pm!

Beloved Phantom

9,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Informal Gentlemen
My computer doesn't have sound so... I canpt really hear your opinion. But, were you hoping for nostaligic Toonami?

Yes. Mostly a Toonami where I don't have to wake up early in the morining to watch!

Beloved Phantom

9,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Halo Master 05
you rambled a little bit, but overall it was pretty good. i agree that its stupid that they are putting it from 12 midnight until 6am that is like for people who have no life and stay up all night and sleep during the day. They should make it for 5 or 6 pm!

FINALLY!!! someone who listens!!!!

6,100 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Apocalipca
Informal Gentlemen

Yes. Mostly a Toonami where I don't have to wake up early in the morining to watch!

It's going to basically be a morning cartoon show, EXCEPT WITH TOM!

Invisible Wrangler

They should intergrate Toonami with Boomerang; or BOOM if you have U-verse.
My laptop's sound sucks.

I'm not digging that it's so late at night. emotion_8c
But one of the shows sounds really interesting. emotion_kirakira

Versatile Receiver

Halo Master 05
i agree that its stupid that they are putting it from 12 midnight until 6am that is like for people who have no life and stay up all night and sleep during the day
Isn't that basically adult swim's target audience? Why wouldn't it be a late night thing?

Beloved Phantom

9,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Vartox
Halo Master 05
i agree that its stupid that they are putting it from 12 midnight until 6am that is like for people who have no life and stay up all night and sleep during the day
Isn't that basically adult swim's target audience? Why wouldn't it be a late night thing?
It just feels a little rediculous.
it's just another attempt at making the Saturday Night Adult Swim interesting. Sadly not even TOM can make me want to watch crap like bleach or reruns of the same shows Adult Swim action has aired for years.

It's the same boring block just with Toonami paint that does not interest me at all.

Asylum v2's King

Perfect Conversationalist

13,250 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Firestarter 200
Vartox
Halo Master 05

I must agree with you on that. the good shows dont start until 10/11pm EST! and the other shows after midnight EST

Humorist

16,800 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
stressed I'm trying not to panic about it as I'm not really getting an idea of it's affect on the one real block CN actually kept a block. confused
Best case: It stays Williams Street [AS] anime, still bringing in new shows like Durarara and FMAB and keep the rotating classics. We can lose the "old lady and blue screen" bumpers. Let's be honest, [AS] has the worst bumpers ever.

Worst case: We get YuYu Hakasu xp DBZ stressed and One Piece gonk as many Toonami fans are seeming to hope for. Mostly uncut anime taking the dirt nap. crying
Halo Master 05
Toonami originally was a midnight run.
5 and 6pm was when Toonaminwas on the verge of cancellation. talk2hand

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas