Welcome to Gaia! ::

I thought either A, it was gonna show the same stuff as old Toonami, or B it was gonna bring some new stuff to the table.
Deadman Wonderland: Awesome, I've been meaning to watch this.
Casshern Sin: Cool, never heard of this, let's see if I like it.
Bleach, FMAB, Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in a Shell: They've all been in Adult Swim circulation for a while. I could care less about these shows REPLACE THEM NOW!

Seriously, only two new shows? Not even gonna throw in a DBZ, Yu Yu Hakisho, Ruroni Kenshin, One Piece or Bo Bo Bo Bo Bo Bo Bo Bo Bo Bo Bo Bo Bo Bo Bo, I forget how many Bos, for nostalgia purposes?
If they don't change it up soon, it's gonna be cancelled, again.

Shy Senshi

7,400 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Pet Lover 100
Adult Swim still hosts it, and they don't have rights for much else than they already had, I think... sweatdrop
Nickelodeon has rights to DBZ so we won't be seeing that on there any time soon.
Dudironimis
I thought either A, it was gonna show the same stuff as old Toonami, or B it was gonna bring some new stuff to the table.
Bleach, FMAB, Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in a Shell: They've all been in Adult Swim circulation for a while. I could care less about these shows REPLACE THEM NOW!

Seriously, only two new shows? Not even gonna throw in a DBZ, Yu Yu Hakisho, Ruroni Kenshin, One Piece or Bo Bo Bo Bo Bo Bo Bo Bo Bo Bo Bo Bo Bo Bo Bo, I forget how many Bos, for nostalgia purposes?

This is literally the exact reaction I had! I already watched all of Deadman Wonderland last year but it's still nice to watch it again dubbed. Casshern Sins, like you, I have never heard of it but it seemed somewhat decent. Everything else was pretty much the same stuff that has been on Adult Swim for months! They better get the licenses for more anime soon. I read that the AS president or someone like that was interested in Elfen Lied a long time ago but they knew that if they ever put it on AS it would be so censored and edited that it wouldn't even be worth it.

2,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
im just glad that toonami is back but i really do miss yu yu hakiso( i spelled that wrong) and bo bo bo bo bo and the others Especilly kenshin Sanosuke FTW biggrin ^^;..
BrianMX34
Dudironimis

This is literally the exact reaction I had! I already watched all of Deadman Wonderland last year but it's still nice to watch it again dubbed. Casshern Sins, like you, I have never heard of it but it seemed somewhat decent. Everything else was pretty much the same stuff that has been on Adult Swim for months!years! They better get the licenses for more anime soon. I read that the AS president or someone like that was interested in Elfen Lied a long time ago but they knew that if they ever put it on AS it would be so censored and edited that it wouldn't even be worth it.

*Fixed.
And you're right, holy s**t does CN need to spend more on the AS budget to bring in new stuff. I was excited for a second, but now its just like meh..

Tricky Shapeshifter

12,800 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
Chill out, I'm sure Toonami will bring new things to the lineup, and maybe even a few older shows. Be patient, they just started getting it running again, so it makes sense that they don't have the licenses to a lot of new shows to throw on there. Believe it or not, making a lineup isn't as simple as some executive saying "Okay, let's air this show, and then that show." and then it appears on your TV.

MrMephist0's Waifu

Fashionable Lunatic

When did it start back up and when does it air?
so...is it on at like one in the morning now? cause that's when all of those shows seem to be on and I refuse to stay up that late. I liked it when it was on around seven
eh...nevermind just looked it up...its on at midnight only on saturdays

i do like the hashtag though

Lonely Gaian

5,850 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
They can't aford anything else, so we're stuck with this until people get off their high horses and at least turn to the channel.

Bryn Grimhildr's Husband

Deadly Zealot

Personally I like the fact that Toonami is running in the spot of adult swim, personally i hate adult swim and the shows associated with it aside from the anime. I would much rather see Toonami take over all the spots of adult swim, sunday through saturday. Toonami is far more entertaining than all the weird crap that adult swim would do during commercials, or breaks.

I will say the two new shows didn't flatter and wow me, but i didn't think they would in the first place. I certainly would like to see all my original toonami shows back, airing from whenever adult swim starts, til adult swim ends, meaning I want to see boondocks and family guy, and all those other shows like it taken off of cartoon network and put back in toonami's line up.

Aged Survivor

Dudironimis

It's summer. A lot of networks air odds and ends or reruns during the summer because that, at least in the past, was the time ratings would slow down some. Anyway, I think the line-up will change over the the next few months.

Hmm, not sure Cowboy Bebop will ever get taken out of the lineup because of the nostalgia factor since it was the first anime series to air on Adult Swim.

Mythical Fatcat

15,500 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Prepared for Liftoff 50
  • Party Member 100
          ● That's all they can afford right now. DBZ and Naruto are owned by Nickelodeon and Disney respectively, so they're too expensive at the moment, I'm sure the same goes for the other shows. They're running on a tight budget, and while they are looking into new shows for the lineup, they need the fans to actually watch to get those shows. They can't be expected to improve when they have no viewers.
BrianMX34
Dudironimis

I swear sometimes people share my thoughts without me even trying.
I remember toonami when it FIRST started. The original TOM. My brother and I would rush home EVERY day to watch it because it came on around 3 when it first started. Then it was pushed to 4 and then 5.

Now though, I don't have TV.
I would LOVE to go to the neighbors house though, just to watch reruns of Ruroni Kenshin, Reboot, Sailer Moon and the ORIGINAL DBZ. I mean, how many spirit bombs can you have and have it be REAL now that DBZ is on Nick?

Its...terrible. lol.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces